Defectors Watch

adrian lord

2 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Wtf is Wanyama doing playing in a pub league ? 

Dunno, but he was terrible tonight. He should be absolutely bossing this league. Thierry Henry has a huge job on his hands to get the Impact playing. Lacking fitness, discipline and bravery. Really poor show.

I was interested to see how Sam Gallagher was getting on at Blackburn as I haven't heard much about him. I always thought that he had the attributes to be a fine player, but something was missing. It appears that whatever that was, it remains hidden. Not a disastrous year at Blackburn but not quite what they were hoping for. This article gives a good overview, although the comments at the end are less subtle in their feedback on his performances  ........

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18265810.5m-question-rovers-wanting-sam-gallagher/

1 minute ago, WALK DMC said:

I was interested to see how Sam Gallagher was getting on at Blackburn as I haven't heard much about him. I always thought that he had the attributes to be a fine player, but something was missing. It appears that whatever that was, it remains hidden. Not a disastrous year at Blackburn but not quite what they were hoping for. This article gives a good overview, although the comments at the end are less subtle in their feedback on his performances  ........

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18265810.5m-question-rovers-wanting-sam-gallagher/

He looks about 10 years older...!

Rovers attacker Sam Gallagher has scored four times since his move from Southampton

1 hour ago, John Boy Saint said:

"Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp said "another Liverpool legend" had left the club"

☺️"Legend" !!!!!

If Lovrens a legend then Liverpool really have become B&M Bargains..............that quote has made me laugh more than when he missed that decisive penalty.

His English is good but needs improvement. He meant to say 'Bellend'

3 hours ago, John Boy Saint said:

"Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp said "another Liverpool legend" had left the club"

☺️"Legend" !!!!!

If Lovrens a legend then Liverpool really have become B&M Bargains..............that quote has made me laugh more than when he missed that decisive penalty.

Bill Shankly and Bob Paisley will be turning in their graves. What a load of shite

On 29/07/2014 at 07:29, adrian lord said:

6 years thread anniversary. Shaw has come through much adversity, hats off to him.

• 3 weeks later...

I remember he was deployed at LB at the start of the season, and he looked full of it - power, pace etc. But absolutely hopeless positional sense.

That didn't change, and he was never used at CB because he was a disaster in his natural position at this level. I think he was someone Ralph knew and believed he could polish, but clearly not...if Vestergaard is in front of you then you know you're shit.

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/08/2020 at 20:50, hypochondriac said:

It wasn't a weird signing, it was a really cheap punt to see if we could unearth something. It didn't work out but it was worth a go. 

Yep agreed

I’d be happy to go for a couple of those type signings every year.

Same goes for Juanmi etc, if it comes off great- if not then hopefully low wages mean we can get off books fairly easily. 
Only need that one to come off and we can get a £30m+ asset!

On 18/08/2020 at 20:50, hypochondriac said:

It wasn't a weird signing, it was a really cheap punt to see if we could unearth something. It didn't work out but it was worth a go. 

Yep agreed

I’d be happy to go for a couple of those type signings every year.

Same goes for Juanmi etc, if it comes off great- if not then hopefully low wages mean we can get off books fairly easily. 
Only need that one to come off and we can get a £30m+ asset!

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, trousers said:

🤣

IMG_20200910_100738.jpg

Personally, I think that's absolute class from Henderson.

Captain for the Premier League Champions

Football Writers' Association Footballer of the Year

Henderson has pedigree, he's one of the top midfielders in the world at the moment, for him to speak so highly of Lovern says allot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have to say despite him being a bit of a cockwomble especially in the way he left us, I wouldn't be surprised that letter is true, as when we met him after a Saints pre season match a few years back, he came across as a very nice chap, happy to chat like old friends while quite a few of the other players we eager to get on the bus, despite only a handful of Saints fans being present. 

Paper looks a bit sparse to be genuine...........but then I guess when you can spend gazillions on a player, a few reams of different bespoke paper for every occasion is a bobbins expense. 

1 hour ago, Charlie Wayman said:

Probably a fake written to take the piss especially as it has been "leaked". Don't believe a word of it.

1 hour ago, skintsaint said:

Embarrassing for him if that letter is true 😄

Screenshot_20200910-125303.png

Edited by trousers

1 hour ago, Nordic Saint said:

Pied is getting a rare start, alongside Fonte, for Lille today.

Lille extend their unbeaten run to 6 games and they've only conceded 1 goal in those 6 games. Fonte has had a tremendous 2 years there and has been a very positive influence on Lille's youngsters. His new central defensive partner, Sven Botman, would be a great buy for Saints.

42 minutes ago, Nordic Saint said:

Lille extend their unbeaten run to 6 games and they've only conceded 1 goal in those 6 games. Fonte has had a tremendous 2 years there and has been a very positive influence on Lille's youngsters. His new central defensive partner, Sven Botman, would be a great buy for Saints.

Hadn't heard of him until your post. No idea if he'd have been a good signing or not for Saints but liklihood is we'll never find out as if he's successful at Lille then he'll be a £25m + player when he leaves, unless he falls short of what they require and we pick him up for c £15m as we did Hoedt !

I saw he only joined them this season from Ajax. We really are missing out in our scouting and need to nab players before they end up in Germany, Italy, or even the better clubs in France. Once established there they're out of our price range. 

4 minutes ago, John Boy Saint said:

And there were numpties on here seriously thinking he could do a job for us when he was released by Liverpool.

He struggled to last 70 minutes when he was here in his prime, no way would he have coped with the demands of Ralph’s tactics.

Brighton, another set of fans over the summer who thought we were being bitter that we didn't get Lallana back after some lets say tenuous links. They very much thought they got one over us and were boasting about the signing of Lallana, not just because they thought he would help them to progress, but because they also thought the signing riled us.

It has been a good gameweek off the pitch. They can enjoy him on the four-year contract, or whatever it was they put him on.

• 3 weeks later...