Defectors Watch

adrian lord

15 hours ago, Saint-Reece said:

Just seen that Andrew Surman is joining our u18 coaching staff from Bournemouth on Monday.

I seem to remember the £££ we got from his transfer to Wolves kept us going when we were really struggling. 

That's right. He didn't want to leave and was really upset to, wanted to help us back up etc, but he knew the money Wolves paid us would keep the club afloat so he reluctantly went for the good of the future viability of the club.

Absolutely fantastic to see him coming home.

Edited by SaintNewForest
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, Saint-Reece said:

Just seen that Andrew Surman is joining our u18 coaching staff from Bournemouth on Monday.

I seem to remember the £££ we got from his transfer to Wolves kept us going when we were really struggling. 

That's got to be a good appointment, grew up in Southampton and was in the youth set up, played getting on for 150 games for Saints plus England U21 going on to have a solid career in top two divisions.  Always thought Surman would come back to SFC and glad that it's now alongside current coaching staff - he will know RM well from his time at MK Dons.   

Edited by Miltonaggro
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

😂 How's he doing?

Oops it's 4-0 now ,  30 minutes gone. Whole Sheffield defence looks like div 5 of Tyrone league defending.  Holgate looks at home.

• Haha 1

Chelsea fans have turned on Poch already then. Brilliant when a fan base of arrogant bellends have a period of poor form and they don’t know how to deal with it. Really hope FFP catch up with them next after getting away with it for so long under the Russian.

4 hours ago, saint lard said:

Whatever happened to Lavia?

Injury after injury. 
perhaps we made an astute decision in offloading him for the money we did. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Mate of mine reckons there are clauses in the deal that mean if he plays then Chelsea have to dish out more and they can’t because of FFP 😂

• Haha 2

Jason Puncheon, yep him who nipped off for a quick shit during our game against  Everton a few years ago is now a manager with a Cypriot top flight team, AEZ Zakakiou. An appropriate  edition to the 'defecate'....sorry defectors thread.😐

Edited by 64saint
  • Like 3

On 09/02/2024 at 13:31, saint lard said:

Injury after injury. 
perhaps we made an astute decision in offloading him for the money we did. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Certainly starting to look like one who will quietly slip away to the continent to play out a career at a much slower pace somewhere. We may have pulled a blinder there. 

He was quite injury prone when with us wasn't he? I seem to remember him needing protecting a lot, coming off early etc. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Saint_clark said:

Certainly starting to look like one who will quietly slip away to the continent to play out a career at a much slower pace somewhere. We may have pulled a blinder there. 

He was quite injury prone when with us wasn't he? I seem to remember him needing protecting a lot, coming off early etc. 

Scored against Chelsea in September of his first season with us, got injured in the same game and we didn't see him again until December. Not sure what the injury was, but yes - he seems incredibly injury prone, which is a shame as his talent is sky high - but you just feel that injuries will stop him ever achieving any of his potential.

He needs to leave Chelsea for his own good though, could head off like you say to a slower pace league and play out his career there.

On 09/02/2024 at 13:31, saint lard said:

Injury after injury. 

Good job we didn’t invest any of it on an injury prone striker.

• Haha 1

On 02/02/2024 at 21:45, Saint-Reece said:

I thought Surman might end up as a summariser on Solent or similar. Talks well and easy to listen to.

It was interesting that Blackmore brought Surman onto air his views on Jones early on rather than Jo Tessem. 

On 11/02/2024 at 15:05, ecuk268 said:

JWP not having a very good time against the Gooners.

Not sure if he touched the ball more than 2 or 3 times in the first half. 

he did in the 2nd half, all backwards of course lol

3 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Not so much a defector, but some would have you believe that he borderline was signing for us:

Quincy Promes has been sentenced to six years in prison for drug trafficking.

He can buddy up with Viafara.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Danbert said:

It's been a bit of a disaster for him. He got an injury in pre-season, got fit and started a game in December - like you say, lasted 32 mins in that game before picking up a new injury.

I reckon he'll end up on loan at a slower paced league next season. I think we lucked out on his transfer in terms of the fee, he's always been a bit fragile physically tbh. Loved him as a player though, has so much potential. (or had, depends if he can recover)

Poch on Lavia:

The most important thing to make clear is that in nine months, he's only been training with us for a few weeks. He arrived but he could not train because when the club signed him he was injured.

Then when he started to train with us he got a knock and a serious injury. Then he came back to training with us and was available so he played against Crystal Palace. He then got injured and has never since returned to training.

Stupid of them to sign him, daft of us to sign Stewart too. I hope both come good.