CONFIRMED: Cédric to Saints on four-year deal

JxgrSaint

Just been browsing the Sporting forums, it kind of reads like our Clyne thread. Really odd. ''We can replace him for better'' ''he tailed off in the second half of the season'' ''he's not really that good'' etc etc. But there are some very interesting insights, where a fair few believe he will go on to become top quality - but the coaching and 'situations' at Sporting have stalled him slightly.

Also, what I think is an ITK sporting guy, he said he's signed a 4 year deal. All done bar the shouting.

just another pathetic rumour to try and jack up the price.....? Typical journo cr*p.:rolleyes:

Not sure tbh, by all accounts they had a bid accepted but he wasn't keen on Stoke. That's just something I've read though. As soon as we came in it was us over Stoke.

I imagine the obligatory official tweet will be sent imminently then?

Not sure. Might make sense for them to hold it back until later this afternoon for 'impact' and because internet traffic will be higher. More hits etc = more money through the site.

Also, better performance figures for the media dept. But it's done, I think we can take that from developments.

Right back done. Sign up Clyne and it becomes our strongest position! (However unlikely).

2 in, no outs. I like that. There will be "outs" of course, but it cushions the blow when we sign people first.

Keeper, striker, Clyne replacement, (I.e. A second right back) Toby replacement, Morgan replacement and we're done IMO.

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/20150618-cedric-soares-portugal-sporting-announcement-signing-2498917.aspx

Executive Director of Football Les Reed commented: “Cédric represents a quality addition to our squad, and is another player with a desire and hunger to succeed.

“Like Juanmi, Cédric is a young player with international experience as well as exceptional talent and potential. He joined Sporting’s academy at the age of eight and progressed through to first-team football and international recognition – a pathway previously trodden by a number of our own homegrown stars.

“We have been following Cédric’s progress for some time and felt now was the time to make our move. While there was competition from other Premier League clubs we were confident we would prove to be an attractive option for such an ambitious player.

Right back done. Sign up Clyne and it becomes our strongest position! (However unlikely).

2 in, no outs. I like that. There will be "outs" of course, but it cushions the blow when we sign people first.

Keeper, striker, Clyne replacement, (I.e. A second right back) Toby replacement, Morgan replacement and we're done IMO.

Fairly sure Elia and Djuricic are "outs" at this stage...