CONFIRMED: Cédric to Saints on four-year deal

JxgrSaint

cannot complain with the business done by Saints so far.The outlay is minimal going by todays inflated transfer fees and potentially we have 2 very good players.

I thought it had been confirmed that we were not taking up the option on ELIA......I havent seen anything regarding Djuricic though??? Watched him last night for the under 21's and thought he had a very good game....he is another talented young player that RK might think is worth taking a punt on again this season?

The one we use for Rodriguez? Please don't, it's bad enough we use the same tune for Yoshida and Mane.

I'll get my coat before I say this, BUT...

Cedric Soares he wears the white and red

I just can't get enough

I just can't get enough

When he gets a tackle

And when he intercepts

I just can't get enough

I just can't get enough

He crosses in and Northam goes wild

And I just can't seem to get enough Soares

dudududududududududududu...

god that is bad, but obviously right-backs aren't prolific goalscorers :D

How's his surname pronounced then? Swah-rez?

might nick the dippers' song

He's Cédric Ricardo Alves Soares, guessing we'll call him Cédric.

And that's probably pronounced "Say-drick".

Edited by The9
Added accents, before MLG got the chance to be a bellend about it.

......so maybe he's only the first one ? Early days yet.

As I see it, we're just putting ourselves into a very strong position. I don't see this guy as Clyne's replacement as media outlets are suggesting, this guy offers us cover of very good quality and if Clyne does happen to go, we have an international RB already here. But then I'd imagine we'd go out and get another RB to create the cover again.

As I see it, we're just putting ourselves into a very strong position. I don't see this guy as Clyne's replacement as media outlets are suggesting, this guy offers us cover of very good quality and if Clyne does happen to go, we have an international RB already here. But then I'd imagine we'd go out and get another RB to create the cover again.

you would hope so

Maybe I was listening to the Portuguese version of Dave Merrington.

"What you don't want to do right now is base your pronunciations on a bloke with a funny accent..."

Actually as that link's from BeIN the bloke sounds decidedly arabic, surprised you didn't pick up on that. :)

A second shameless plug for a piece we did on Cédric with a Portuguese journalist...

http://stmarysmusings.sbnation.com/2015/6/17/8795251/transfer-lowdown-cedric-soares

Strengths - excellent crosser of the ball

weaknesses - gets caught out of position

Where have I heard that before?

DANNY FOX

Hope this lad is a bit better than him, Fonte will be important in bringing him into the team, just hope Toby Alderweireld signs as well.

two signings already. WTF are people going to moan about on here now?

That we still have £30 Million pounds worth (Not now though) of absolute crap at the club in the form of Gaston & Osvaldo???

That's how they pronounce it here, when he's getting himself sent off in the Portuguese Cup Final two and a half weeks ago...

Full on "Cedereek Suarayez"

To hopefully clear up the pronounciation - I texted my Portuguese mate, who had this to say for himself:

It's So-are-ess mate. Three syllables, so are ess - but without pauses. So almost sounds like Suarez, but not quite.

And First name is like Sayd'rique.