Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

'No manager in the world can make players here better.' Lol

Look no further than Warnock at Cardiff. Why do the reporters not pick him up on his nonsense?

He's winged it the whole of his career and hos only successes have been when he has had chairmen that have let him play fantasy football. He's never coached a player to be better in his life!

ITK credibility lost inside 3 posts ;)

Was just passing on what I had been told. The guy I know should know what he's talking about, although his reliability has been variable (he's told me about all of the incomings/outgoings before they've happened, shared the starting line ups for both games, but also said that he didn't think any takeover was imminent three weeks ago).

He is adamant that Hoedt is done and that he will be announced soon.

I'm going to assume Gallagher leaving means another striker is going to come in. Only having three strikers is not too clever for a long season.

Chelsea won the league with just 2, one of them being Batshuayi who played just 702 minutes in all competitions. 3 is enough for just one spot, Redmond can play there if we have an injury crisis.

I'm going to assume Gallagher leaving means another striker is going to come in. Only having three strikers is not too clever for a long season.

How many club's that play 1 upfront can you name with four senior team strikers in their squads?

You can only name 25 over 21 year olds in a squad. If we had 4 for every position that is 44 players and can't be done.

We're crying out for a bit of creativity from midfield.

If he was willing to drop his wages and it was a try before you buy type loan, I would go for Wilshere.

For me, if he can stay fit (I do appreciate that's a big), he'd be prefect in the AM role. He clearly has ability and I could see him and Gabbi being unbelievable together.

We're crying out for a bit of creativity from midfield.

If he was willing to drop his wages and it was a try before you buy type loan, I would go for Wilshere.

For me, if he can stay fit (I do appreciate that's a big), he'd be prefect in the AM role. He clearly has ability and I could see him and Gabbi being unbelievable together.

He got sent off playing for Arsenal's under 23s the other day after a sparking a mass brawl he's a busted flush that clubs are quite rightly steering clear of another English nearly man.

He got sent off playing for Arsenal's under 23s the other day after a sparking a mass brawl he's a busted flush that clubs are quite rightly steering clear of another English nearly man.

100% the type of player that Saints never sign any more.

To be fair to him, not only was the challenge on him obscenely late but all he did was push the guy in the chest and the Man City player went down like he'd been shot holding his face. The ref got conned it was a yellow all day and you kind of understand that a guy with his injury record might react to late challenge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ByaL37k0Go

He's still a talented player but I don't think he fits our profile, too much baggage.

If we should be getting anyone from Arsenal, it's the Ox

1. Did you see the tackle?

2. Did you see the reaction of the city player he pushed (in the arm)?

3. He didn't start the mass brawl, the City player who ran from the other end of the pitch to have a go at him did. He was equally sent off.

Disgraceful tactics from City to try and get him sent off and even so, I don't see what relevance getting sent off in a U23's game has. That being said, he did look slightly overweight.

He was one of Bournemouth's best players early last season as he has been in some of his most recent England performances (wasn't he MOTM 3 games on the trot?)

Not a nearly man (I suppose you would have said that about Bertrand when he signed. Lets not forget, his loan spell at Villa was a lot worse than Wilshere's at Bmouth), he has undoubted talent, just rotten luck with injury.

He has something that we currently don't have in central midfield. He has the ability to run forward with the ball, and make a defence splitting pass.

If we should be getting anyone from Arsenal, it's the Ox

Agree, but that won't happen. Aren't they offering him c£120k a week to stay? Also, doesn't he have top 4 clubs in for him? Wouldn't be surprised if he ended up at Liverpool, should they sell Coutinho

Edited by SKD

Yep Saints should steer well clear of Wilshere . Always been vastly overhyped in comparison to what he's actually delivered.

Can't believe anyone is standing up for his reaction. The tackle wasn't great but reaction by Wilshere was completely unacceptable especially for a guy who's supposedly trying to prove his fitness.

Should go to West Ham, the sort of club would snap up a player with an ego too great for his ability.

Yep Saints should steer well clear of Wilshere . Always been vastly overhyped in comparison to what he's actually delivered.

Can't believe anyone is standing up for his reaction. The tackle wasn't great but reaction by Wilshere was completely unacceptable especially for a guy who's supposedly trying to prove his fitness.

Should go to West Ham, the sort of club would snap up a player with an ego too great for his ability.

Have you seen the footage? If not, I suggest you watch it (link above).

He reacts to an awful tackle, by pushing the player (in the arm/chest) who stuck one on him. That happens every single week in the PL. Yellow card at most and given his injury record, I can understand his reaction.

City's No. 5 (assuming CB) runs to the half way line and jumps on him, getting him in a head lock. He doesn't really respond. FWIW, the City player was also sent off.

Hardly 'completely unacceptable', is it.

What I like about us is with a week to go we have no idea who the attacking player is we are trying to sign. Many other clubs would be using the press to put pressure on the deal to go through, not us! Quietly go about our business

What I like about us is with a week to go we have no idea who the attacking player is we are trying to sign. Many other clubs would be using the press to put pressure on the deal to go through, not us! Quietly go about our business

Any clues who it could be? Karamoh?

Have you seen the footage? If not, I suggest you watch it (link above).

He reacts to an awful tackle, by pushing the player (in the arm/chest) who stuck one on him. That happens every single week in the PL. Yellow card at most and given his injury record, I can understand his reaction.

City's No. 5 (assuming CB) runs to the half way line and jumps on him, getting him in a head lock. He doesn't really respond. FWIW, the City player was also sent off.

Hardly 'completely unacceptable', is it.

Yes i've seen the footage. It's certainly a late challenge. I'm not sure i'd consider that sort of barge awful.

Sorry but reacting by shoving another player is completely unacceptable behaviour, especially when he was physically if not mentally the most mature player on the pitch. That would never be a yellow in the prem. That's a straight red every day of the week. His past injury record is no excuse for his lack of professionalism.

In what world does he not respond to the no5. He clearly does in the video.

I have a sneaky feeling we'll get Vietto on loan with a view to buy at the end of the window. He still hasn't left Atleti, they have said he's surplus - so he will have to leave. They want about £20m for him, but no club is willing to pay it - come nearer the end of the window, I reckon they'll accommodate a loan.

I have a sneaky feeling we'll get Vietto on loan with a view to buy at the end of the window. He still hasn't left Atleti, they have said he's surplus - so he will have to leave. They want about £20m for him, but no club is willing to pay it - come nearer the end of the window, I reckon they'll accommodate a loan.

A view to buy at the end of the window? Going to be the shortest loan in history that

doubt it, there are far too many suitors for Athletico to take a loan deal. Monaco, Sampdoria, Valencia, Saints if you like, one of them will pay, Monaco would be my favourite there.

Hope not as his record isn't great. At 5ft 8 not what we need we need bigger stronger and quicker players we have enough midgets.

Our academy is packed with the technically great but no strength.

Look at top clubs now going more strong spines I agree not easy to find but a small Spaniard has already failed here.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk