The Claude Puel Thread

SuperSAINT

Just in case he gets the job can someone advise on pronunciation - is it Puel as in fuel or Puel as in poo-el?

Slowly, yes poo-el but maybe a bit like pwel as well. If you say it quickly it sounds like pwel.

It rhymes with the first part of Cruella

Edited by Pamplemousse

Like his staying power. Think his record is good albeit in France. Has European and Champions League experience. Has a history of youth development. From what I read seems to promote attacking football style.

Does seem like a really good fit for us.

I like this quote from the ' getfootballnews' link in the 2nd post ..........

This season, Puel has once again proved why he is one of the best managers in French football, deploying a stunning high-pressing and lightening-quick counter-attacking game in defence and a technical and rapid possession based game in attack, making ball-playing OGC Nice the most aesthetically pleasing on the eye side in the French top flight.

:)

what, got the job?

text i got from a friend late last night who works a saints but didnt see it till today. asked if 100% confirmed but not had answer yet. i guess thats what he was getting at. he confirmed black and grey away kit last weekend but obviously its not out yet.

Spoke to a mate earlier today and he said 'Make sure you get some fuel.' Then he winked at me.

If that's not a sign then I dont know what is?

I visited my dad in prison today and he was saying he was getting quite used to the gruel. He then got really angry and stabbed me in the eye with a fork. If that is not a sign I don't know what is? We will laugh about it later

I visited my dad in prison today and he was saying he was getting quite used to the gruel. He then got really angry and stabbed me in the eye with a fork. If that is not a sign I don't know what is? We will laugh about it later

And the Pueland reached the quarterfinals. If that is not a sign I don't know what is?

That can't be bettered. Genius.

Bumped into Mr T today.

He said he pity da fool.

Looks nailed now.

I pity the fool who underestimates Puel

You might say they have to go back to school

He'll unearth some jewels and some work horse mules

and in 2 years time sell them to Liverpool

In Dubai at the moment. Some Arab bloke accused me of siphoning petrol from his Merc. It was really hot and he was very aggressive and sweating like Ronald Koeman in a cake shop.

He suggested we sort it out man to man in the morning because it's cooler.

He challenged me to a duel in the cool over fuel.

I saw this as a sign.

I'm here all week.

Telegraph update: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/06/26/southampton-ready-to-appoint-frenchman-claude-puel-as-new-manage/

- Saints plan to appoint Puel in the coming days

- Held talks with Puel, Pellegrini, Garcia and Pereira

- Positive talks with Puel for the past week or so

- Puel has outlined a desire to stay for the long-term, but will be given an initial three-year deal

- Puel wants to play attacking, pressing football and give opportunities to academy players

- Saints seriously looked into appointing Pellegrini, but felt he wasn't enough of a 'coach' and that he didn't fit the club's structure and ideas

Puell had one good season as a manager, with Monaco in 1999/2000, but hasn't won anything for 16 years. His win percentage in the last 4 years at Nice is just 39%. He looks very much like an average manager in decline. Nobody else wants him so he'll be cheap and prepared to take orders from Reed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013%E2%80%9314_Ligue_1

Puell had one good season as a manager, with Monaco in 1999/2000, but hasn't won anything for 16 years. His win percentage in the last 4 years at Nice is just 39%. He looks very much like an average manager in decline. Nobody else wants him so he'll be cheap and prepared to take orders from Reed.

Mauricio's win percentage in two years here was 38%, so not too big a concern. Nice aren't a big club expected to ride high in the French league so 39% seems decent.

So average he led Nice to their two best finishes in 40 years on a shoestring budget, achieved Lyon's best cl finish and secured several European qualifications with Lille.

Nice. Cheers for the free money. Was really starting to doubt my friend seeing as though h'd told me that Koeman was going to sign an extension and then that Puel was a serious contender before his name went to the back of the cue it seemed.