Watford Build Up

Lighthouse

It'll be interesting, two new managers both unproven in the premier league, both teams with new players, and Saints without our first choice left back playing a new system which is not fluid yet....

If I was Watford's manager, I'd be giving our left back a severe workout with a pacy forward and right wingback combo. Targett looked very vulnerable to pace last season, and fonte may not be there either to help out. Mind you I've no idea what Watford's players are like - they were certainly poor back January on a cold wet night!

Prediction 1-1.

With Pelle gone I am.looking forward to learning who will be the recipient of your never ending criticism.

call it as I see it.

if they play shyte IMO, I will say so

if they play well IMO, likewise

I (for some time) thought we were a much better outfit with Long as the central striker over pelle. I think that was the correct opinion to have

pelle was a decent option but for too long in his time here, he played when he didnt really merit it

it was a bit like Jermaine Wright. always seemed to play depsite playing badly too many times

Edited by Batman

With Pelle gone I am.looking forward to learning who will be the recipient of your never ending criticism.

He had an agenda against Pelle, slagging him off at every turn, cannot bear to be wrong, ironic as he is wrong 90% of the time

For my money he will pick on Redmond, to criticise on repeat

What an uninspiring starting XI...

It is what we expected though?

442 Diamond then?

Forster

Cedric VVD Yoshida Targett

Romeu

Davis JWP

Tadic

Redmond Long

That left side is pretty weak admittedly, hopefully Targett steps up.

It is what we expected though?

442 Diamond then?

Forster

Cedric VVD Yoshida Targett

Romeu

Davis JWP

Tadic

Redmond Long

That left side is pretty weak admittedly, hopefully Targett steps up.

Got to be the blandest midfield we've put out in recent years. Bizarre that one of our major signings and best players in pre season is overlooked in favour of JWP (who weirdly seems to start the opening game of every season and then get dropped).

Massive shame Fonte isn't deemed fit enough.

Really weird thing to say. It's an uninspiring lineup that doesn't mean we will play badly or lose.

Precisely, weird how this forum interprets anything other than "everything Saints do is wonderful" as a lack of support...

Ward-Prowse starting is a surprise.

Personally I expected it. I don't agree with it but its what the manager has been brought in for. To play the youngsters etc. Koeman dropped him when we found our form and I imagine that annoyed Les and co. Can't sell youngsters if they are not playing and raising their value.

I think the one I am more concerned with is Fonte. Thankfully its only Watford we are playing.

Personally I expected it. I don't agree with it but its what the manager has been brought in for. To play the youngsters etc. Koeman dropped him when we found our form and I imagine that annoyed Les and co. Can't sell youngsters if they are not playing and raising their value.

I think the one I am more concerned with is Fonte. Thankfully its only Watford we are playing.

I'm all for playing the youngsters but Ward-Prowse, who must be pushing 22 has had so many chances to establish himself as an attacking mid-fielder and consistently comes up short - free kicks and corners aside. Let's see some of the other youngsters.

I'm all for playing the youngsters but Ward-Prowse, who must be pushing 22 has had so many chances to establish himself as an attacking mid-fielder and consistently comes up short - free kicks and corners aside. Let's see some of the other youngsters.

I agree. I have said it for a few seasons now. For a player with over 100 PL games he has had a really non eventful career so far. But as mentioned above the club want him to be the poster boy. They will continue to push him as that regardless of how good he actually is. And I don't think he is that good at all. My friend calls him "The Crab". Goes sideways and backwards.

Cheer up!

Lots of pace with Redmond, Long and Cedric.

Creativity from Tadic, Davis and Ward-Prowse

Very good outfield options on a strong bench Austin, Fonte, Hojbjerg, Pied, Clasie, Rodriguez.

I agree, I look at the side and I'm feeling positive. If it doesn't work then moan after the match but the team is being written off before we've even started

Got to be the blandest midfield we've put out in recent years. Bizarre that one of our major signings and best players in pre season is overlooked in favour of JWP (who weirdly seems to start the opening game of every season and then get dropped).

Massive shame Fonte isn't deemed fit enough.

Think I must have missed a season as the midfield looks nearly identical to last few competitive games I saw. Tadic, JWP, Davis. The only change I can see is Romeu who looked great when Wanyama was off on one of his many suspensions and in pre season. Redmond and long are playing as strikers. Yoshida and target are backups because first team are t ready. Wtf is uninspiring? We have to make changes but in truth tbe core of our team is first choice. **** your pants after the match give the new lads a chance to prove their worth, could yet be an upgrade.