Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

Anyone that does boo him when he's wearing the Saints shirt deserves to be ejected from the ground.

Don't agree with that at all. I wouldn't boo him and would hope/expect the majority wouldn't purely on the basis that it would be counter-productive but it would be the very least he deserved. Booing/ironic cheering of hapless tryers - like FF for example - is a different matter and more worthy of your suggested solution.

Don't agree with that at all. I wouldn't boo him and would hope/expect the majority wouldn't purely on the basis that it would be counter-productive but it would be the very least he deserved. Booing/ironic cheering of hapless tryers - like FF for example - is a different matter and more worthy of your suggested solution.

lets be honest, after a decent game, most will be fine with him

If he waits until the window closes I don't think we can put VVD unconditionally into the team. If the back four and especially the centre backs are keeping enough clean sheets by playing well, as far as I am concerned VVD can wait as back up until a vacancy exists through injury or loss of form. Then, the longer he is out of the team the better we are playing without him. I would take that.

If we buy another centre back, which we need to, unless VVD gets a move, on he could well be sitting on the bench for a long time if we are doing well without him. Of course if it is proven that we need him, of course he should play. If he goes now the club are going to look really stupid.

lets be honest, after a decent game, most will be fine with him

How many points would we have dropped in the meantime. By the time he decides to do what he's paid for we could be out the League cup & dropped 4 or 5 points we'd have gained had he been playing. It makes me laugh that some supporters will abuse people doing their absolute best, Puel for one, but are quite happy to forgive someone who is taking the Mick and doesn't want to play. Not only that he compounded the issue by playing the victim with that pathetic statement trying to paint the club in a poor light. People are getting hot & bothered about Mick Quim or Jamie Redknapp disrespecting the club, or plenty of other pundits & writers. Yet the person who is showing more disrespect than them all added together is to be "welcomed back". **** off, not by me he's not. I'd rather see him sit in the stands but if he does deem us worthy of his great talent again, I'll ignore the **** even if he scores.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would always support a player Ina saints shirt unless they were a convicted criminal. Personally I couldn't cheer on McCormack at Plymouth, or historically Collymore, Deeney, etc. Most folk deserve a second chance but no third chance.

How is Troy Deeney on his 'third' chance? Sounds like he has made an effort to turn his life around since he went to prison.

I understand being sceptical of people who have committed crimes, but such people aren't necessarily innately bad people who can't learn from mistakes or be rehabilitated.

How many points would we have dropped in the meantime. By the time he decides to do what he's paid for we could be out the League cup & dropped 4 or 5 points we'd have gained had he been playing. It makes me laugh that some supporters will abuse people doing their absolute best, Puel for one, but are quite happy to forgive someone who is taking the Mick and doesn't want to play. Not only that he compounded the issue by playing the victim with that pathetic statement trying to paint the club in a poor light. People are getting hot & bothered about Mick Quim or Jamie Redknapp disrespecting the club, or plenty of other pundits & writers. Yet the person who is showing more disrespect than them all added together is to be "welcomed back". **** off, not by me he's not. I'd rather see him sit in the stands but if he does deem us worthy of his great talent again, I'll ignore the **** even if he scores.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I initially thought you were saying we need to get him back in the team asap, if we are "dropping points" all the time he's not playing...!

What's best for the team? That isn't limited to "Starting XI ability", but also factors in squad morale and motivation. I'm not sure it sends out the best message to immediately put him in the team as soon as he says he's ready to play again, but equally we'd be silly to leave him on the bench for months due to him "disrespecting" the club. It would be a bit like, I dunno... voting to leave the EU to "make a point", even though the eventual ramifications will be disastrous.

Is it just me or do others think that the reason for going for Hoedt is to tempt VVD back.

Playing week in, week out with someone who will likely partner him for the Dutch national squad can only mean good things???

It may be a positive side effect, but I doubt the club are (and I don't think they should be) basing a £15m investment decision on what might make van Dijk more keen to play for us again.

Besides, his agent's greed will take care of that side of things, for better or worse.

How is Troy Deeney on his 'third' chance? Sounds like he has made an effort to turn his life around since he went to prison.

I understand being sceptical of people who have committed crimes, but such people aren't necessarily innately bad people who can't learn from mistakes or be rehabilitated.

There was an interview with him on Radio 5 one evening recently on a long drive home, it was snipped up into bits played across the show, very interesting and very frank about what saw him inside, what an idiot he had been, seems to consider himself very very lucky and has gotten "his $H1t together" as a result. Fair play to him as he no way came over as a bit of a scrote yet admits that he was a bit of one, and could have easily remained one.

Right back on subject ;)

Is it just me or do others think that the reason for going for Hoedt is to tempt VVD back.

Playing week in, week out with someone who will likely partner him for the Dutch national squad can only mean good things???

Is he a Dutch Imants Bleidelis?

I would be surprised if all the interested parties haven't been in touch with Saints and been told forget it, it's a matter of principle, VVD isn't being sold, we are moving on and when we say not for sale that's what it means. Consequently, no bids. Even if they do try Saints will look absolutely stupid after the we are moving to a different level not selling the players we want to keep statement. The management know that the implications for VVD not having played for eight months already, now looking at not playing for another year will concentrate the mind.

If he does comes back into the fray, he'll give his all, at least for his teammates' sake, and we'll probably move on and forget eventually. Until May comes around.

The fans will boo him initially though. Of that there is no doubt.

I think everyone should just sing You'll Never Walk Alone to him. It should make him feel much better about everything.

Sky are now reporting that the club has said VVD WILL get his wish to leave St Mary's. Spineless liars.

No they aren't.

Knob

I think SKY were being naughty there. Jim White's phrase at the top of the hour was worded very similar to what Didcot said - I actually re-listened to it.

The actual report made no mention of that.

I think SKY were being naughty there. Jim White's phrase at the top of the hour was worded very similar to what Didcot said - I actually re-listened to it.

Sky's attempts to big up this transfer window business at every turn gets on my tits. I'm sure Jim White thinks the window was only introduced for their benefit

Thank you, Jim White definitely said it so ******** to all of you slagging me off

He'll be back playing soon and will then probably leave in January. That way he gets his move, the Board save face and the club pockets a record fee.

As far as the fans are concerned when he plays for us again we need to remember "To err is human. To forgive is divine". He's human. We are divine.

Thank you, Jim White definitely said it so ******** to all of you slagging me off

So, Sky Sports have said Double VD can go. The club you "support" have said he won't go.

At the moment it is pure conjecture, but you choose to believe a a media corporation desperate for ratings, over Saints?

And you are surprised that you get slagged off....lol

Being naive but What is the point in keeping him if we are just going to do a u turn in January? So basically the most the club's stance does is keep him here only another four months.....

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Never will we sell him in January.

Saints have not sold a top player before during that month plus VVD is at least a month away from playing a first class game for us.

Does not make sense to have him for just over 3 months.

Fonte?

Molby - another humble ex-player ingratiating himself to Saints fans. Fat pr1ck

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/virgil-van-dijk-personality-liverpools-11007473.amp

They're a selling club, they sell to everyone. They let their manager's go to everybody.

Don't know whether to be surprised by this comment or not .........

"The Southampton situation is strange. I don't know what we have done to upset Southampton to the fact they are being so stubborn about it."

For me the real shocking comment is that he doesnt understand what poor Liverpool have done to upset SFC.

:facepalm:

Me too. How dare the little, insignificant, selling Saints be upset and fail to do exactly as Liverpool want?

New rule for next season: The "elite" clubs may, at will, to benefit impoverished players who only have such a short career, and generously contribute to the finances of the "other" clubs (otherwise known as irritating but necessary fodder), buy any player they wish, on terms that they alone will determine. This is necessary to preserve the strength of the league.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

For me the real shocking comment is that he doesnt understand what poor Liverpool have done to upset SFC.

:facepalm:

Yep, but has anyone from Barcelona said similar yet.....

"The LIVERPOOL situation is strange. I don't know what we have done to upset LIVERPOOL to the fact they are being so stubborn about it." :lol:

Edited by ALWAYS_SFC

It is bout time the media made it clear if a bid has been made. Liverpool said they would not make a bid, we have not received one according to our club, and so why is this carrying on?

No smoke without fire, and I suspect that the piece in the Times is laying the ground for something to give.

It is bout time the media made it clear if a bid has been made. Liverpool said they would not make a bid, we have not received one according to our club, and so why is this carrying on?

No smoke without fire, and I suspect that the piece in the Times is laying the ground for something to give.

The club have made it perfectly clear that the player is not for sale. They've been utterly consistent with this for the outset.

They are not now going to backtrack on that as no one would ever believe them again. God knows half our fanbase doesn't believe a word they say anyways.

Everything in the press is simply the panic starting to set in as the dippers recognise the fact that they dipped out.

*If we went on to sell him for £75m to anyone but the dippers AFTER getting a replacement in if consider that a good deal and a good transfer window.