Palace Build up

ALWAYS_SFC

Given how we don't really have a first 11 any more, and how Puel manages to utilise the whole squad to field a team capable of competing against whoever we are playing, isn't it about time we renamed these build-up threads to the "see who can make the closest guess as to the starting 11 sweepstake" threads?

The side for Saturday will be:-

FF

Cedric, Fonte, VVD, Bertrand

Romeu

Højbjerg JWP

Redmond, Austin, JayRod

You herd it here folks

Jay Rod seems an entirely pointless selection when the options of Bouf or Sims infinitely more appealing and Jesus Christ how tired can they be FFS etc.

PARDEW ON INJURIES

Connor Wickham suffered a cruciate ligament injury in the 5-4 defeat to Swansea last weekend, to add to the growing list of injuries at Palace...with Pape Souare admitting he is not sure he will play football again.

There's more bad news around Steve Mandanda too...

"We've got a couple of problems in the squad. Connor's is a massive problem for us.

"The injury Pape's had is so unique to football. There aren't many situations where someone in the game has had this.

"That makes it tough to put a time on the recovery. He's in great spirits, has a positive personality. We love Pape.

"Steve Mandanda's going to have an operation on his knee this week. We think he's out for 6 weeks. His knee locked up in training."

Hennessey I remember having a blinder against us before though..

Hennessey is generally pretty poor, but yes, seemed to have his best ever game against us last(?) season. As I'm fairly local, have made it to a few games, and he's not great, but the real weak point is Martin Kelly at left back who is nowhere near good enough / comfortable on the left. Similar to when we used to play Yoshida at full back (but worse)...

I don't think he was terrible against Arsenal - he caused them quite a few problems with his pace. Ok, he needs a goal or two but I believe away from home when we probably won't dominate possession he provides a good outlet. Charlie to come off the bench for me as his game is not so suited to away matches.

The side for Saturday will be:-

FF

Cedric, Fonte, VVD, Bertrand

Romeu

Højbjerg JWP

Redmond, Austin, JayRod

You herd it here folks

that's a shame. i was wondering what it was that made us so zippy against Arsenal and part of that i think was the absence of Redmond, sad to say

No excuses for this one - palace have been rotten to the core

Let's bag 3 points and get about WBA and Watford this weekend

Admire your attitude, it's important you are positive after the disappointment of Wednesday - the forum felt for you that night.

Palace are notoriously bad at defending set pieces this season so makes sense for JWP to play and someone like Austin or even VVD to head them in.

I actually think some of Bertrand's deliveries recently have been just as good, if not better than JWP's. It's good to have a left and right footer to take them from different sides.

I wonder if Puel will persist with playing him as a 'striker' or might try him elsewhere soon. We have looked more like 4-3-3 recently so maybe he'll improve.

well if you compare Redmond to his actual replacement (Juanmi), then I'd argue hes been an okay buy.

I wonder if Puel would have utilised Juanmi unlike Koeman- we never saw him and board clearly felt he was surplus to requirements and not good enough.

Best possible time to play them away. They are shocking. 1 point from their last 21 on offer. 1 win at home all season. Letting in an average of 2 goals a game already! Possibly the worst defence there is right now. Add to that the manager under pressure and the crowd ****ed off. If we score early they will turn on the team and we could go on and score a ton of goals. I think even Jay and jwp could score against that lot! Obviously no games in the pl are gimmees but this one is as close to it as you will get. 0-4 to Saints!