Les Reed

Heisenberg

Les Reed - In or Out?  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Les Reed - In or Out?

All I know Reed has done is get the last 2 managerial appointments wrong.

If he gets a third wrong, we're relegated.

All I know he's done is the only two things he's got wrong. I am conveniently ignoring all the good work that has gone into the club from the time he arrived till appointing Puel.

I’ll reserve judgement until after January.

Despite others claiming we have ‘great players’ this squad is poor and Reed is responsible. We have a January transfer window where we must be active. Three players minimum. And a new manager.

If we sit on our hands and do nothing than he will be to blame for whatever happens come the end of the season.

Despite others claiming we have ‘great players’ this squad is poor and Reed is responsible. We have a January transfer window where we must be active. Three players minimum. And a new manager.

If we sit on our hands and do nothing than he will be to blame for whatever happens come the end of the season.

Hodet, Cedric, Bertrand, Lemina, Romeu, PEH (on recent form), Boufal (when he finds consistency), Tadic, Gabbi & Austin (you can’t knock his scoring record) are good enough for top 10 of the PL at least.

We are in desperate need of a few players (a big no9, some pace out wide and some more creativity in the middle) make no mistake, but we also need a manager whos first priority is to win. Under Puel and MP we’ve been more concerned about defeat and that seems to have taken all confidence we had under the koeman season out of us.

When we play on the front foot we have looked 100x better than trying to defend the edge of our box.

Edited by SKD

Hodet, Cedric, Bertrand, Lemina, Romeu, PEH (on recent form), Boufal (when he finds consistency), Tadic, Gabbi & Austin (you can’t knock his scoring record) are good enough for top 10 of the PL at least.

We are in desperate need of a few players (a big no9, some pace out wide and some more creativity in the middle) make no mistake, but we also need a manager whos first priority is to win. Under Puel and MP we’ve been more concerned about defeat and that seems to have taken all confidence we had under the koeman season out of us.

When we play on the front foot we have looked 100x better than trying to defend the edge of our box.

10 players though isn’t good enough. Need a better squad.

We do need to play on the front foot. Rodgers would significantly improve us I feel. Sadly I’m not sure he’ll come until the end of the season, and it might be too late by then.

Think Les is in last chance saloon. He’s earned the right to sort the mess out, all clubs make a dodgy managerial decision every now and again. His career rests on the next appointment - get it wrong and were down, get it right and invest the VVD well and we will be in decent shape.

10 players though isn’t good enough. Need a better squad.

We do need to play on the front foot. Rodgers would significantly improve us I feel. Sadly I’m not sure he’ll come until the end of the season, and it might be too late by then.

Agree.

Recuirtment in terms of managers and squad players hasn’t been good enough.

There was a time we would only sign players to improve our starting 11, for some reason (probably EL) that changed last summer.

Interesting that we also seem to have appointed 2 managers insistent on rotation, the season after we lost our fitness coach and replaced them with sport science people.

I’d be interested to see the results of a poll like this. Les Reed does seem to fall out with a few people doesn’t he? Koeman’s probably a non starter as manager for that reason. Les has also fallen out with VVD and Morgan. There’s probably other examples.

He didn't even respond to Lallana's phone calls FFS. ;)

He was assistant manager on a voluntary basis at Bishop's Stortford FC in the Conference South when appointed to look after our youth academy and clearly snaked into his current role.

Hes killed all the momentum, positives and feel good that Cortese delivered.

Reed can F.Off

He was assistant manager on a voluntary basis at Bishop's Stortford FC in the Conference South when appointed to look after our youth academy and clearly snaked into his current role.

Reed can F.Off

You need a les reed and barry gale xmas special to cheer you up, pal.

i have friends from Charlton who warned me years ago that this would happen' date=' strange thing is i can almost forgive him for first team issues BUT his big selling point was the Southampton Way with production line from academy that has ground to a halt[/quote']

On Saturday we had Targett, Ward-Prowse and Stephens in the starting line-up and brought McQueen on as sub.

Reed can F.Off

You forgot to mention Charlton Athletic sweetheart.

It is not the squad ! It is the coaching staff and most of all Manager. Not forgetting the most culpable of all- those at the top...

Think Les is in last chance saloon. He’s earned the right to sort the mess out, all clubs make a dodgy managerial decision every now and again. His career rests on the next appointment - get it wrong and were down, get it right and invest the VVD well and we will be in decent shape.

Inclined to agree that if you review his time at the club he has earned the right to try sorting it but it isn't just the managerial decisions that underline the doubts over his position. In addition to this:

- transfer windows,

- the CB fiasco last January

- failure to sign a striker when goals were obviously going to be scarce

- the VD issue; staggering that with the back four already weakened by losing both FB's we elect to let VD sit it out.

Not sure Reed sees this as a "career" at his age so much as a continuing salary until retirement. Never mind he's probably groomed Ross Wilson to take over the role.

Sack. He got lucky with Koeman. Last two managers have seen the good work started by Cortese eroded. He was never the man to fulfil the ‘Southampton way’ philosophy. Get Cortese back!!

Have to say this is very true.

Cortese had some down sides but he was an out and out winner...

We are now happy with mediocrity as a club and in some cases it appears to be a few fans too. This attitude is a fast track to failure which Cortese would not have stood for..

There is far too much old pals act going on in the club too which breeds a comfort zone mentality...

I would rather have winners running my team...

The longer he persists with the failure that is Pellegrino, the more unreasonable it seems. I am genuinely surprised that Reed is still sticking with this manager. Having Pellegrino still here can’t help when it comes to attracting transfer targets. Reed is really making a bad situation worse right now with what seems to be blind (possibly motivated by covering his own arse) loyalty.