Ralph Hasenhuttl

Edmonton Saint

9 minutes ago, Kaiser Soze said:

Please do the honourable thing and fuck off.

You've got a good record of these sort of posts turning our form around.

The last time you posted to tell him to F*k off was in December 2021. The rest was history for the next 3 months.

Shame about the end though.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 3

Of course I will Kaiser soze I didn't want the extra millions in my contract anyway plus it's clear I've been shit for months and months and stealing a living, thanks for pointing this out to me very worthy of its own thread

All my love Ralph 

30 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Can some actually point out what Ralph does well Vs what he does badly? And which list is longer? 😂

As desperate as it seems now, to be fair, we’ve never really been involved in a relegation scrap under Ralph.

I’m definitely nervous of our future under him, but as abject as our form is,,overall he’s actually done ok by comfortably keeping us in this division year after year. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

As desperate as it seems now, to be fair, we’ve never really been involved in a relegation scrap under Ralph.

I’m definitely nervous of our future under him, but as abject as our form is,,overall he’s actually done ok by comfortably keeping us in this division year after year. 

And that’s the crux of it. As an SFC supporter, with our relative financial clout, or lack of, what is the realistic expectation? Probably about 15th, maybe a few spots higher and with a decent cup run thrown in. Whilst we have some horror runs we also, over the course of the season, ended up relatively comfortable. That’s probably the Boards objective at the start of each season. 

1 hour ago, The Kraken said:

How ambitious

• Sad 1

On balance I think I remain in the 'Pro Ralph' camp, but that's conditional on the new owners doing three things:

1. Replacing the coaching staff. All of them. They're fucking shite.

2. Forcing Ralph to get an Assistant Manager. Ralph is capable of getting us playing good football, but he needs a knowledgeable and experienced partner to help him in the situations in which he struggles, and to provide other plan B options when shit on the pitch ain't working.

3. Investing a good nine figure sum into the squad. We need first team ready signings, not just promising youngsters, and of course a reliable, quality striker. Also, let's get some proper Prem experience in the heart of defence and midfield - a couple of 30 somethings who've maybe even won stuff or at the very least challenged for honours, and are perhaps looking for their last decent contract. Then we build around them with youth.

If the above isn't going to happen then there's clearly no point sticking with Ralph, as three years in he's still struggling to achieve any progress with what we've currently got.

Edited by Ralph Fastenbüttl
  • Like 3

Fucking hell, we had the same pony last pre season. 

“Nobody else could do better with this group”.

”We need to change the coaching staff”.

”He needs an assistant”.

”We’ve still got deadwood from Les Reed/Ross Wilson”.

It’s pretty straightforward, he’s been in the job longer than most managers. He’s got more control and influence over the club than most managers. It’s his team, his tactics, his choice of players, and his results. The buck stops with him, why people keep making excuses for him is beyond me. He’s a fucking average manager. 

• Like 18

10 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

”He needs an assistant”.

It’s pretty straightforward, he’s been in the job longer than most managers. He’s got more control and influence over the club than most managers. It’s his team, his tactics, his choice of players, and his results. The buck stops with him, why people keep making excuses for him is beyond me. He’s a fucking average manager. 

It's not really though is it? Do you seriously think last summer when we sold Ings and Vestergaard that Ralph had watched Adam Armstrong and Lyanco and thought they were the ones he wanted to replace them with? Do you genuinely think he rates the likes of Redmond, Djenepo, Elyounoussi? Of course he doesn't, he just has nobody else to turn to.

You can blame him for tactics, in game management etc. if you want, but the real reason we are shit is because we have suffered from a chronic lack of investment in the first team for a number of years, and what little money we have spent has been wasted by the recruitment department on utter rubbish. On top of that he has to make room for the likes of Kelvin Davis on his coaching team, someone that we all know wouldn't get a first team coaching role at any other PL club.

An overhaul of the playing squad is needed first

Edited by Verbal Kint
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, Mr X said:

Of course I will Kaiser soze I didn't want the extra millions in my contract anyway plus it's clear I've been shit for months and months and stealing a living, thanks for pointing this out to me very worthy of its own thread

All my love Ralph 

I knew it!!!!

• Haha 1

This is his team, his set up, his choosing to constantly give up midfield, to expose our defence.

Only a few months back we were championing how this squad is better than last season's.  

Ralph has become awful and nothing he does suggests much change next season.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

Just now, AlexLaw76 said:

This is his team, his set up, his choosing to constantly give up midfield, to expose our defence.

Only a few months back we were championing how this squad is better than last season's.  

Totally agree, listening to him saying after the game we showed commitment and passion is beyond a joke.

Hes been saying that the last few games and yet we are losing every week.

49 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

This. My stance hasn’t changed, that he’d be taking the credit or blame this season without excuses and it’s only possible to judge after the season ends. His signings (within our constraints, like many clubs have), a full pre-season, no big injuries taking key players out of action, no excuses.

We've seen how good we can be at times, which shows this squad is capable of more than he has delivered, he just can’t get any consistency. It’s all or nothing, and some of his tactics have caused us real problems.

Time to go. Feel sad saying that, loved a lot of what he’s done, but this is as good as it’ll get with Ralph in charge.

Edited by RobM
  • Like 8

The other concern is Ralph is how long he wants to be here. Realistically we’re not buying our success with our new owners, and it’ll take a little while to see the potential benefits of the multi-club model, so IMO it would be better to bring in a manager who can help shape it over the years ahead. 

Same logic and concerns exist for the fact we need a significant rebuild this summer. Is it right to let a manager influence that who doesn’t want to be here for much longer? Will incoming players be put off by the uncertainty, especially more established and experienced players?

There are many more reasons to get rid than keep him. The main reason to keep him is he’s done OK with very limited resources, but there are plenty of managers who have made a career out of that and it’s not like our style of play is dynamic and exciting to watch!

24 minutes ago, Professor said:

Report on the OS - "Hasenhüttl: We had no luck"   So there we are.  RH knows what is needed to improve results.  Just get some luck.   OMG

No luck in getting a new manager or board that recognises that he and the coaching team are the main problem

• Like 3

2 hours ago, hackedoff said:

Yep,1 sub a minute after every goal conceeded. But only after 60minutes of course.

Tuesday night against Liverpool just before they scored the winner - most fans sat around us were saying the same thing, we need to make a change to keep us in it. 
Then the inevitable happened. 
A bunch of ageing “idiots” up in the stands can see it, but a collective of highly paid “experts” in the dug out are seemingly blinkered, blind, or scared to state the obvious. 

• Like 1

Ralph's post match comments of late do suggest he has no idea how to fix things. There was nothing positive about how we were playing over the last couple of months. Defensively we were an embarrassment. Attacking wise we offered very little. No creativity and no identity. Recipe for disaster which it was only for a lucky win versus arsenal and draw at Brighton to save our bacon. Ralph's tactics can be easily countered by opposition and he then has no plan B. In game management is a total shambles. Also seems to be unrest amongst squad. Contract situations are bizarre and maybe root cause of the unrest as well ridiculous tactics and decisions being made.

Likeable guy but his time at the club should be over. Fans have turned. Players downed tools. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, The Kraken said:

Comfortably? We were 5 points off relegation

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Comfortably? We were 5 points off relegation

It was certainly closer than we'd have hoped in the end, but it's a fair assessment to say that we've not really been involved in the battle at any stage. We've always been 6-10 points away from it at all times and never in the discussion. That's been the case most of his tenure here, it's like we're close to making that next step but we just trip over ourselves all the time.

Edited by S-Clarke

10 hours ago, Verbal Kint said:

It's not really though is it? Do you seriously think last summer when we sold Ings and Vestergaard that Ralph had watched Adam Armstrong and Lyanco and thought they were the ones he wanted to replace them with? Do you genuinely think he rates the likes of Redmond, Djenepo, Elyounoussi? Of course he doesn't, he just has nobody else to turn to.

You can blame him for tactics, in game management etc. if you want, but the real reason we are shit is because we have suffered from a chronic lack of investment in the first team for a number of years, and what little money we have spent has been wasted by the recruitment department on utter rubbish. On top of that he has to make room for the likes of Kelvin Davis on his coaching team, someone that we all know wouldn't get a first team coaching role at any other PL club.

An overhaul of the playing squad is needed first

He doesn’t have to make room for Kelvin Davis, he’s either not got the balls or personality to insist on his own back room staff, or he’s happy with him. Even if he’s “forced” to have him, he’d only be walking around putting out the cones. Do you really believe a manager will have someone working on tactics, coaching and other important stuff that he doesn’t rate? Bollocks, especially one who seemingly is setting the blueprint at the club and has been here so long. It’s just more excuses for old Teflon. 

It’s fucking Groundhog Day on here. With some of you, it’s  always the players, the coaching staff, previous regimes, it’s never ever the fault of the bloke that’s been here for years and is actually in charge of the first team. 

• Like 3

It's not just the defeats it's the manner of them. Leicester will not have had an easier 3 points all season. The goals were a joke. Lyanco made two errors for the price of one and, as usual, the two Perez-he-never-scores-goals were the usual case of us having half a dozen players in our penalty area marking themselves. All a bit embarrassing and time for Ralph and his goalkeeping coaches to leave and for us to try some fresh blood because it has not been anywhere near professional enough for the level we play at.

Edited by Teddeer
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ivan Katalinic's 'tache said:

Or introduce a new mid-game 'managerial substitution' option. "Ralph, you can do the first half but then at half time, when we might need to do something different, you're off..."

I know it said in jest but this mightn’t be the worlds stupidest idea, clearly he has some ability but clearly he also has massive limitations.

the main role of a manager is to get the best out of the playing group, this doesn’t happen enough right so something radical like this may be a solution of sorts

I feel like I should say something now the season is over but I really don't know what. I get why people argue Ralph is doing a good job as we were relatively safe early on and that's all we can hope for, but for me it's the manner with which we achieve this that matters - I mean that fact that we didn't lose 9-0 this season for the first time in three years says a lot about the mentality of the squad. We don't fight, we collapse as soon as things get tough, and that is as much about how the squad is coached and mentored as it is their actual ability. Players can seemingly underperform consistently without consequence, we're slow to react when something isn't working, and team selection remains a bizarre cross between bingo and pin the player on the team-sheet. Sometimes feels like he's playing FIFA - sets up the team the way he things can win, simulates the match without making any changes, and is then baffled why he didn't win.

If Ralph stays, which tragically feels like an underserved reality (who else would be given this long, with this degree of success), then a wholesale change of backroom staff including an experienced and feisty assistant manager is desperately needed - someone who Ralph HAS to listen to. It's interesting that Man U have appointed two very experienced assistants in van der Gaag and McClaren.

I worry for next year. If we do get in a relegation fight I don't believe we have the strength of character that Leeds showed.

Edited by Christophenburg
  • Like 2

I really thought he'd be off. Sure, we survived relegation with limited resources but in recent history this has *always* been the case. Going back pre relegation it was the case and when we came back in 12/13 it's been the same. Adkins, Poch, Koeman, Pellegrino and Hughes were all working under the same constraints. Ok admittedly the squads were better under previous management but let's not forget this is a team with RH's stamp all over it. He's been here for three years so can't argue he doesn't have a group of player's he's greenlit. Furthermore, Thomas Frank, Graham Potter (ish), Patrick Vieira and to a lesser extent Bruno Lage are all working within these sort of limitations. Anyone of those go on a Hassenhutl barren run and they're getting the heave-ho. There seems to be this comfort blanket for RH that he couldn't possibly do better. Others do and let's just say that 15th is our limit - wouldn't we want to try and find a manager who could execute a bit of consistency? Why does it have to go from excellent to shit the bed? It's clear he has no plan b and if we can see that so should the board. In Ralph We Don't Trust. 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, SaintLondon said:

I really thought he'd be off. Sure, we survived relegation with limited resources but in recent history this has *always* been the case. Going back pre relegation it was the case and when we came back in 12/13 it's been the same. Adkins, Poch, Koeman, Pellegrino and Hughes were all working under the same constraints. Ok admittedly the squads were better under previous management but let's not forget this is a team with RH's stamp all over it. He's been here for three years so can't argue he doesn't have a group of player's he's greenlit. Furthermore, Thomas Frank, Graham Potter (ish), Patrick Vieira and to a lesser extent Bruno Lage are all working within these sort of limitations. Anyone of those go on a Hassenhutl barren run and they're getting the heave-ho. There seems to be this comfort blanket for RH that he couldn't possibly do better. Others do and let's just say that 15th is our limit - wouldn't we want to try and find a manager who could execute a bit of consistency? Why does it have to go from excellent to shit the bed? It's clear he has no plan b and if we can see that so should the board. In Ralph We Don't Trust. 

100% ! 🎯

12 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

”He needs an assistant”.

That’s kept us free from relegation 

1 hour ago, OldNick said:

Dyche ffs, you never have been a judge DT lol 

Dyche wipes the floor with Ralph in terms of tactics, game management, and man management. Sure, he wouldn't be my first choice if our finances were better (and could attract better) but he'd immediately instil a change of mindset, plug our leaky defence and get rid of people he thinks are shite. Which is a lot. Personally would prefer Frank but that's not going to happen

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, DT said:

Dyche wipes the floor with Ralph in terms of tactics, game management, and man management. Sure, he wouldn't be my first choice if our finances were better (and could attract better) but he'd immediately instil a change of mindset, plug our leaky defence and get rid of people he thinks are shite. Which is a lot. Personally would prefer Frank but that's not going to happen

You realise he got his team relegated, right? You know, what Ralph hasn't done.

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, Greenridge said:

He saw the writing on the wall with the club’s ownership and refusal to invest and got out. Dyche, I mean

• Confused 1

Hasenhuttl's excuses for the latest in this string of defeats are totally unacceptable.  He claims his team had no luck. He was upset that Leicester didn't hand out an equaliser after his defenders failed to deal with a lob into the area from which Leicester scored.  But this game wasn't close. The team lost by four goals to one!  Even that one wasn't scored in open play.  To come up with stupid excuses makes him look ridiculous. 

He just needs to GO.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

No he didn't 'get out', he was sacked.

Quite a few similarities with us I think

a manager who had been there a while, had a slide in the previous season and was unable to arrest that slide going into 2021/22, they were top 10 2019/20, then dropped to 17 with 39 points in 2020/21, but as he was respected there by so many he was kept on longer than he should’ve been

For me I finally made my mind up after the Brentford game I wouldn't be sad to see him go.

His lack of flexibility in his tactics showed that game. Brentford's fairly obvious game plan was to sit back and hit out via Eriksen, who just sat in between our defence and midfield. He is their most influential player (I think they have won nearly half their points since he joined) yet we did FA to nullify him and his threat.

We needed a third body in that centre midfield to just sit on him, something OR could have easily have done, yet he came off the bench at 3-0 down. Pointless.

15 hours ago, Greenridge said:

This is such a stupid argument. Just because a manager has a relegation on their CV doesn’t make them a bad manager. 

Much like Howe at bournemouth, keeping Burnley in the league for 5 or so seasons was a huge achievement. 

Like Howe, like Southgate, they could move on to another job and do very well.  

Edited by Dman
  • Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Ralph Hasenhuttl