Summer 2020 transfer business

Re outs:

I can us coming to an agreement with Carillo and allowing him to then join another club on a free.

Praying Hoedt joins Lazio.

Its gone quiet with Boufal the last day or so.

Likes of Sims, Hesketh etc can move on loan during the EFL window, til mid October I think.

4 hours ago, WALK DMC said:

One player that I'm surprised that we haven't been linked with is Lerma from Bournemouth. His first season in the Premiership was very successful although his performances seemed to drop last season.  He has premiership experience, is a defensive midfielder, plays the high press and is probably available due to their relegation.  I cannot see any rumours linking him to any other team in the last week. Maybe Bournemouth are asking too much, hence the absence of clear suitors, but in the absence of anyone else he would be the type of individual we could be looking at (particularly as we are getting pretty desperate for a DM). 

He wouldn't be my first choice, but seems a logical possibility. 

In my house we have wanted Lerma or Billing as a naturally athletic midfield signing all summer.  Billing gets goals too

28 minutes ago, Dusic said:

Re outs:

I can us coming to an agreement with Carillo and allowing him to then join another club on a free.

Praying Hoedt joins Lazio.

Its gone quiet with Boufal the last day or so.

Likes of Sims, Hesketh etc can move on loan during the EFL window, til mid October I think.

I can the following panning out:

- Carillo leaves on mutual concent (To be done after the transfer window)

- Boufal stays with no replacement lined up (especially as prem loan will be done for CM)

- we loan a CM from another prem team as no money for a permanent signing.

38 minutes ago, stevy777_x said:

I can the following panning out:

- Carillo leaves on mutual concent (To be done after the transfer window)

- Boufal stays with no replacement lined up (especially as prem loan will be done for CM)

- we loan a CM from another prem team as no money for a permanent signing.

Am I right in thinking we can still sign EFL players after the deadline?

1 minute ago, SuperSAINT said:

Am I right in thinking we can still sign EFL players after the deadline?

I think so..?

However, there will be an additional, domestic window that continues through to 5 p.m. on Oct. 16 when clubs will only be able to trade (either loans or permanent registrations) with EFL teams (so not internationally or with other Premier League clubs).

22 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Going well down the list of players that fit our profile and budget. Just another typical saints transfer window 

The telegraph will still tell us, we’ve tracked him for years and he’s exactly the player we need. 

2 hours ago, Saint Troy said:

sadly not being very good isn't the bench mark for not offering us something in some positions right now! 

Its more than reasonable to ask if we want to block tellas "pathway" for someone like Theo but i honestly think Theo would offer us more coming on than tella does for example

Tella has a bit of pace (not sure what else he offers), Theo has lost much of his plus I'm pretty sure he will just get injured

9 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

Ok scoped the Dutch papers and it's all over them.

Apparently we were in the stands on the weekend v Venlo and also a Spanish club is interested in him as well.

Could be 12-15m based on their speculation

Scouting for players to replace hojbjerg. Laughable bearing in mind we've known he's off for a minimum of 6 months. 

4 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

I agree, proven by Peiters, Propper and Wijnaldum.

All three Dutch players playing in Holland, really not much to do with the argument about foreign players choosing to go to Eredivisie or PL in 2020. Might not be 2020 but ask Tadic about the choice, seems to have done quite well since deciding Ajax was a better bet than Saints. Some people need to wake up and see the situation as is now and not a few years ago. The PL outside the Top 6 or even the Top 2 is not the pot of gold it once was. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, The Curse of St Mary's said:

Something's haven't changed still from relaxed Les days gone by. I do wonder whether we try and be too clever just to save a few pounds and end up missing out more often than not. 

If that is the case I'm sad to say Ralph will lose his patience soon.........

4 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

Reckon we had sangaree on the back burner incase other option fell through hence a little slow 

Other option being ? Trouble with this approach is eventually option A goes elsewhere and we end up with neither.

It really is a shit or bust approach.

21 minutes ago, Appy said:

Quotes from Sangare saying “Southampton were a little slow” 

Quite damning really.

Looks as if Les has left his DNA and the Art of Dithering marked all over the club.

2 minutes ago, Badger said:

Quite damning really.

Looks as if Les has left his DNA and the Art of Dithering marked all over the club.

An alternative explanation... they were acting 'slow' because he was further down the target list and they are progressing with someone else.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, The Curse of St Mary's said:

Something's haven't changed still from relaxed Les days gone by. I do wonder whether we try and be too clever just to save a few pounds and end up missing out more often than not. 

I reckon we may have wanted him but stalled until we could gather some funds together. Got trumped by PSV they had the 💰💰waiting

7 minutes ago, Badger said:

Quite damning really.

Come off it! As if they wouldn’t have waited another week if there was a genuine chance of another £10k a week in it. This is just a generic, "there were other clubs interested but I had my heart set on Club X," signing statement.

21 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

Reckon we had sangaree on the back burner incase other option fell through hence a little slow 

That other option could be progressing in the background and maybe why we didnt commit to Sangare. Maybe a higher profile target who we could get at the right price (alluding to Semmens comments)*

*really wishful thinking

14 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

An alternative explanation... they were acting 'slow' because he was further down the target list and they are progressing with someone else.

Alernative x2, We have not managed to sell enough players to raise the cash to buy in.

5 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

What do you think, jwp to sit and pass and this guy to go forward ?

Which is all well and good, but who breaks up the play/tackles people?

Some of these links are weird, Ralph has said he wants a ‘6’ - some links seem to be a 6 (Sangare), others don’t seem to be that at all (RLC, this guy, Davies)

4 minutes ago, ErwinK1961 said:

Which is all well and good, but who breaks up the play/tackles people?

Some of these links are weird, Ralph has said he wants a ‘6’ - some links seem to be a 6 (Sangare), others don’t seem to be that at all (RLC, this guy, Davies)

Isnt the essence of our system everyone disrupts and breaks up play rather than the previous destroyer type CM.

It's going to be interesting for sure what type we get and how Ralph interprets a 6 type player for our side.

3 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

What Englishmen who live in Netherlands not good enough anymore 🤣🤣🤣 anyway the mighty ziyech played for.henreeven so this bloke must be mustard as default.

Of course they are 🙌🏻.

I noted the Ziyech link earlier too! 

I honestly think our slowness is because we have to wait to release more players, which in turn releases more finance. that's my hunch.

They'd probably come to us without much issue, but if I was them I wouldn't want to hang around whilst we tried to find a buyer for Hoedt/Carillo/Boufal etc. Kinda puts their career on hold if they have other options, and that's what PSV presented as.