Summer 2020 transfer business

It sounds so much like we are bargain hunting, Nothing wrong with that but I would rather a player that comes as a starter player rather than another average squad player.

I personally would sell Gunn and Forster and get Butland in as no 1.

Go big on a decent CB and move Jack Stephen’s as a holding midfielder unless you take a loan holding midfielder in.

Don’t need anymore striker options as Che Adams and Djenipo will get better and better.

5 minutes ago, Toadhall Saint said:

I’d take him on loan but not over a decent CM.

Yeah, I suppose we have to pick & choose our Prem loan. 

Still wouldn’t surprise me to see Ntcham back on the radar.  SPL would be an archetypal league that will struggle. 

Edited by SuperSAINT
12 minutes ago, Pilchards said:

It sounds so much like we are bargain hunting, Nothing wrong with that but I would rather a player that comes as a starter player rather than another average squad player.

Go big on a decent CB and move Jack Stephen’s as a holding midfielder unless you take a loan holding midfielder in.

Don’t need anymore striker options as Che Adams and Djenipo will get better and better.

FFS dont let MLG see this, there will be typos all over his reply. 

1 minute ago, SuperSAINT said:

Yeah, I suppose we have to pick & choose our Prem loan. 

Still wouldn’t surprise me to see Ntcham back on the radar.  SPL would be an archetypal league that will struggle. 

I’ve been impressed with RS when I’ve seen him. As to Ntcham he would be my bet. It’s obvious to me from RH’s comments that McKennie was our top target only to be guzumped by some no name team in Italy 😀

19 minutes ago, Pilchards said:

Why would we get Stoke's second choice in as our first choice? He's completely lost it over the last couple of years. Macca better than all 3. 

19 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Turkish clearly is perfect and has never made a typo in his life. It's not like 1 and 2 are next to each other on a phone keyboard! Oh wait... they are! 🙄

What about the + and the use of years instead of year?
3 typos in one number and one word, amazing scenes.  Or you could stop lying and admit you f_cked up.

jack nicholson laughing GIF

46 minutes ago, Pilchards said:

The guy who can't get in a rubbish Championship side? The guy who is so useless with the ball at his feet he managed to fracture his ankle kicking it? (And has never fully recovered from the injury). That guy?

Butland's a write off. Even moreso than Forster.

He seems to play into rumours a lot more than Carl did, although I'd assume he gets fed very similar information so wouldn't be surprised to see this as a go.

Djenepo/Redmond on the left with Armstrong/RLC on the right, certainly enhances our options.

My only thought is that I can't imagine Chelsea allowing this move without significant first team assurances, does he get that here if Redmond and Armstrong are both fit?

Edited by Saint Matty 76
10 minutes ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

He seems to play into rumours a lot more than Carl did, although I'd assume he gets fed very similar information so wouldn't be surprised to see this as a go.

Djenepo/Redmond on the left with Armstrong/RLC on the right, certainly enhances our options.

My only thought is that I can't imagine Chelsea allowing this move without significant first team assurances, does he get that here if Redmond and Armstrong are both fit?

Yes, he’s better than both of them when on form. 

18 minutes ago, stevy777_x said:

Sheldon annoys me.

it is just click bait articles, he is very much guessing like we are doing.

I really enjoyed Carl's coverage last year, loads of insight, humour and engagement - one of the main reasons I signed up to the athletic.  Been a bit of a drop off and I'll likely not renew.

Just now, Jeremy Corbyn said:

I really enjoyed Carl's coverage last year, loads of insight, humour and engagement - one of the main reasons I signed up to the athletic.  Been a bit of a drop off and I'll likely not renew.

Insight like Weston McKennie the guy that signed for Juventus isn’t good enough for us?

If we sign an attacking midfielder /winger to play on the right would that free up Armstrong to play in Central Midfield - which by all accounts is his preferred position.

Even if we do what I don't understand is why we  don't use Josh Sims as cover for the right attacking midfielder role

Redmond and Djenepo provide cover for the left attacking midfielder role.

Olivier Ntcham is supposed to be more of an attacking midfielder so maybe his is being looked at as competition for that right attacking midfielder position and cover for CM as well. Ruben Loftus-Cheek would fit this role as well. 

I still feel we need a box-to-box / defensive midfielder that can win the call and progress play up the pitch - Ibrahim Sangare at relegated Toulouse might be worth a look at for this role.  Some of the big clubs were looking at him and I think Toulouse need to sell someone.

12 minutes ago, davefizzy14 said:

Any idea who we are targeting now Hypochondriac?

The Celtic midfielder?

RLC?

Cabral?

No I don't I haven't spoken to anyone for a couple of weeks so I know as much as anyone else. Only thing I heard was two out and two in and that one of those off was Boufal. 

2 hours ago, Jeremy Corbyn said:

Problem from my point of view is that Dan Sheldon appears to be thinking he should be writing for an audience that doesn’t follow saints particularly closely. Most of his articles are full of stuff already in the public domain or discussed on here/social media. It’s either that or he’s paid by word and padding the article like a desperate undergraduate writing a dissertation. To be fair it must be hard finding information not already out there but he needs to do more tactical analysis and be more opinionated (and be prepared to back it up)

2 hours ago, Jeremy Corbyn said:

Agree, Carl was fantastic.. hence why he now covers United. Will still renew though on the new subscription offer

3 hours ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

RLC wouldn't be playing out wide, he'd replace Romeu in CM I would expect.

6 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

This is an odd paragraph in that article, which highlights a lack of knowledge on the journalist's part of where our players play...

"In the high-scoring reverse to Spurs they played with James Ward-Prowse in central midfield, with the England midfielder moving in from his usual place on the right flank. Sangaré would provide protection to Hasenhuttl’s defence as an out-and-out defensive midfielder who would slot in alongside Oriol Romeu."

Edited by Matthew Le God

My extensive and expert youtube analysis has the CM pretenders in this order of preference:

1 -Sangare

2 - Ntcham

3 - Everton kid (don't think he'll add much despite being prem-ready). 

Can't see Loftus-Cheek coming here so haven't included him.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Manuel said:

My extensive and expert youtube analysis has the CM pretenders in this order of preference:

1 -Sangare

2 - Ntcham

It's a really interesting set of links because they are all a different type of centre-mid.

This link seems the most believable. Going by information from here and in the media Weston McKennie was our top midfield target to replace Hojbjerg. Ntcham, Davies and Loftus-Cheek are completely different midfielders to McKennie and are more in the Armstrong mould, Davies more of a JWP, but without the set-pieces. I've never seen this Sangare play, or heard of him before now, but he seems like more of the midfield battler type, that McKennie and Hojbjerg are.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Manuel said:

1 -Sangare

2 - Ntcham

this must be one of the least impressive youtube videos I have ever watched when looking at players I don't know mentioned on here. If this is all I had to go on, then it'd be a massive no. 

5 minutes ago, HarvSFC said:

This link seems the most believable. Going by information from here and in the media Weston McKennie was our top midfield target to replace Hojbjerg. Ntcham, Davies and Loftus-Cheek are completely different midfielders to McKennie and are more in the Armstrong mould, Davies more of a JWP, but without the set-pieces. I've never seen this Sangare play, or heard of him before now, but he seems like more of the midfield battler type, that McKennie and Hojbjerg are.

He seems similar to William Carvalho in stature and style of play - he looks a bit slow and ungainly from YT clips, but hard to tell if that's just a consequence of how big he is.

Just now, Chez said:

this must be one of the least impressive youtube videos I have ever watched when looking at players I don't know mentioned on here. If this is all I had to go on, then it'd be a massive no. 

Good read here:-

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/competitions/ligue-1/ibrahim-sangare-at-toulouse-201920-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

It's a really interesting set of links because they are all a different type of centre-mid.

Totally.  Plus always a risk judging performance in Scottish or second tier leagues but if you can play, you can play.  

cheers. I like the sentence:  ...he was not only the best player for Toulouse, but he was also one of the best players in Ligue 1 last season.

Watched this video too. He nicks the ball off opponents well, which is obviously needed, but with ball at feet he looks very limited. Again, a youtube video tells you little, but my opinion matter nothing as to whether he comes or not.