Summer 2020 transfer business

Batman

3 hours ago, Chez said:

I wondered if Tiémoué Bakayoko might be worth considering? Massive failure at Chelsea, but he looked a top player at Monaco. Loans to Milan and Monaco didn't lead to transfers, but the fees mentioned were hefty, so maybe no surprise they didn't sign him permanently. He might consider a little old club like us as beneath him, he might not. He's on massive wages at Chelsea (about £110k a week), but Chelsea paid £3.5m of that when we went to Milan, which would mean about £45k a week. For me, Chelsea is a club that has a lot of talented players that need new homes to allow them to get their careers back on track. 

Isnt he off to PSG? Can't see us him coming to us

6 hours ago, Chez said:

I wondered if Tiémoué Bakayoko might be worth considering? Massive failure at Chelsea, but he looked a top player at Monaco. Loans to Milan and Monaco didn't lead to transfers, but the fees mentioned were hefty, so maybe no surprise they didn't sign him permanently. He might consider a little old club like us as beneath him, he might not. He's on massive wages at Chelsea (about £110k a week), but Chelsea paid £3.5m of that when we went to Milan, which would mean about £45k a week. For me, Chelsea is a club that has a lot of talented players that need new homes to allow them to get their careers back on track. 

He was absolutely superb at Monaco. When they knocked City out of the Champion's League a few years ago, he looked better than Fabinho.

18 minutes ago, Saint-Armstrong said:

Medical tomorrow. Being reported in Rome as a loan and then compulsory purchase in the summer of 2021 for a fee of 5m.

Compulsory purchase would be amazing and he's effectively off our books forever.

3 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

I'm glad we're shot of him. The most arrogant defender I can remember us having. What did he have to be arrogant about?

He was turned by just about anyone in the PL. Hopeless player.

Amazed he's gone to a club like Lazio, it's not like they haven't seen him play before.

• Haha 1

Bambi on Ice. I just hope the medical doesn't examine his footballing brain......or being able to coordinate limb movement.......oh......wait a minute......Hi Lazio, yeh, you've got yourself a great player there. We've also got this chap Carillo......interested? He's an absolute "goal machine".......oh and how are you off for goalkeepers?

3 hours ago, SuperSAINT said:

IMO Lingard was one of the most overrated players in the history of the game. A couple of very good goals (in big games at Wembley) and very little else. Why United gave him that huge contract I will never know. We'd have to make him our most highly paid player, unless united too a huge hit. No fucking thank you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SNSUN said:

Compulsory purchase would be amazing and he's effectively off our books forever.

seems like a good deal for us. Never thought we'd get a loan fee for him and always thought we'd have to supplement his wages. To secure a transfer fee for him, great news.

1 hour ago, verlaine1979 said:

He was absolutely superb at Monaco. When they knocked City out of the Champion's League a few years ago, he looked better than Fabinho.

I also have that game in my mind. I'm really surprised he hasn't managed to get a second chance at Chelsea, but maybe they just have lots of other (better) options. Doesn't feel like a good fit though really. Monaco, Chelsea, Milan...Saints? 

I aint gonna happen. Not sure why I suggested it. 

6 minutes ago, stevy777_x said:

All i see is an option to buy at the end of the season, no obligatory purchase

which is never taken by these Italian clubs. ballbags. I said a few years ago that these failed signings would remain on our books until their contracts expired, and thats exactly how its panning out. I guess that the problem with being at the top end of the player wage payers pyramid

1 hour ago, S-Clarke said:

I'm glad we're shot of him. The most arrogant defender I can remember us having. What did he have to be arrogant about?

He was turned by just about anyone in the PL. Hopeless player.

I am a hopeless football player do think Lazio would pay £1.5m for me to play a season in Rome

3 hours ago, benjii said:

Is that even him?!

I was going to say it didn't look like him at first with the mask on, but then I looked at his most recent Instagram pic and it does look like him now. However looking at his Insta led me to look at his girlfriend's Insta and, well, it's taken me 3 hours and an ice pack on my forearm before I could type this post. 😁    (That is not true.)

I also hate myself for calling it Insta.

at least we are looking to sign players that other clubs also rate. Better than signing dross only we can see anything in. 

There is always another option. You just have to hope we have spent enough money on scouting to have done due diligence on enough options.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

yeah its in the dutch websites and says he is doing a medical today.

Can only presume he was never on our list as PSV cannot compete for wages anywhere near us - just agent talk I reckon to put pressure on PSV.

Or we need to get the fee for Hoedt first (plus lose a portion of his ages) before we are able to move for anyone.

1 hour ago, Convict Colony said:

Can only presume he was never on our list as PSV cannot compete for wages anywhere near us - just agent talk I reckon to put pressure on PSV.

Telegraaf apparently said we’d done everything to try and sign him.

Peak Saints & PSV have DaMarcus Beasley’d us.

1 hour ago, Convict Colony said:

If he is doing medical a then it means fee and contract would have been agreed already so I doubt our interest was real tbh considering it was only announced yesterday. Likely just an agent push to get this over the line with PSV

12 minutes ago, EBS1980 said:

If he is doing medical a then it means fee and contract would have been agreed already so I doubt our interest was real tbh considering it was only announced yesterday. Likely just an agent push to get this over the line with PSV

Deals can be done in a matter of hours. How do you think players get signed within 30 minutes of the transfer deadline? 

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

LOL usual response on here when we missed out in a player. Like getting dumped by a bird and pretending you don’t care and were never that into them anyway.

I can't see (m)any posts on here saying they weren't fussed. I can see quite a few annoyed people at missing out and a few saying that we might not have been in for him, but next to no posts saying they weren't that into him.

I'm not that fussed - an opinion based on only watching three youtube videos, so almost worthless - but I've only just posted that, so doesn't really support you post.

Edited by Chez

9 minutes ago, Chez said:

I can't see (m)any posts on here saying they weren't fussed. I can see quite a few annoyed people at missing out and a few saying that we might not have been in for him, but next to no posts saying they weren't that into him.

I'm not that fussed - an opinion based on only watching three youtube videos, so almost worthless - but I've only just posted that, so doesn't really support you post.

I can, a number of people just on this page saying well if he’s going to PSV then we weren’t interested. PSV are a much bigger and more successful club than us, have a chance to win things every season whereas the best he can hope for with us is midtable and the chance to shop in west quay at the weekend. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Turkish said:

I can, a number of people just on this page saying well if he’s going to PSV then we weren’t interested. PSV are a much bigger and more successful club than us, have a chance to win things every season whereas the best he can hope for with us is midtable and the chance to shop in west quay at the weekend. 

The footballer motivation is as follows.

Become a professional footballer anywhere.

Get as much money as possible.

When you have lots of money look to try and win things if your club doesn't already.