Summer 2020 transfer business

Batman

Tom Davies? If that is what we've been waiting for then why oh why did we sell Harrison Reed or loan out Lemina? He is is a poor man's Will Hughes and that is saying something. I don't want to be all doom and gloom after a few matches and I'll refrain from calling relegation based on a few matches but christ, Tom Davies? Doesn't fill me with confidence for the season coming. Let's just hope it's Alex Crook talking nonsense and it's actually a smoke screen for someone (anyone) else. 

12 minutes ago, saint97 said:

Crook saying Tom Davies on loan.... surely not 

You would of thought it would of been decided by now given everton have brought in Allan, Rod, and Dacoure. Not sure what their squad depth is but I would of thought they would keep the local lad (cheaper) and try and loan out the high paid ones.

Edit - just checked their forum and once I got past the 8 pages talking about their dugouts it seems the only source for this is Crook on Talksport whose job it is to create content to discuss.

Edited by Convict Colony

An intersting one Tom Davies. When he arrived on the scene - I think under the lying dutchman - I thought he looked a decent prospect, full of energy, fairly combative and a reasonable element of skill. In the last season or so he seems to have stalled, and heres the thing, is that him, hit his level, or ist it down to the few changes of managers Everton have had? I think it may well be a decent signing as he will have a chance to get his career really going in a team where he can become first choice in the midfiled, whereas at Everton he will not. We can certainly do better but if we end up with him Romeu, JWP and the kids thats better than it is now!!!

To be honest I've only see Davies v us and I'm not sure that is enough data to go one but he looked more positive than Hoj in going forward so dug out a scout report.

He's also 5ft 11 so is taller than i remember and apparently his height is one of his strengths and it plays an important role in winning take-ons, interceptions and tackles.

To be honest reading just this and how Ralph likes us to play i think he could be another recycled gem a la Bertrand/Romeu vein.

.http://outsideoftheboot.com/2017/02/16/scout-report-tom-davies-the-emerging-everton-and-england-starlet/

"So he can be considered as an attacking minded central midfielder with good offensive traits who can defend well. 

Edited by Convict Colony

4 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

To be honest I've only see Davies v us and I'm not sure that is enough data to go one but he looked more positive than Hoj in going forward so dug out a scout report.

He's also 5ft 11 so is taller than i remember and apparently his height is one of his strengths and it plays an important role in winning take-ons, interceptions and tackles.

To be honest reading just this and how Ralph likes us to play i think he could be another recycled gem a la Bertrand/Romeu vein.

.http://outsideoftheboot.com/2017/02/16/scout-report-tom-davies-the-emerging-everton-and-england-starlet/

"So he can be considered as an attacking minded central midfielder with good offensive traits who can defend well. 

Bit I'm uneasy with is, Loaning him in to improve a player for another side., then he goes back polished.

4 minutes ago, miserableoldgit said:

Hahahahaha I was wondering when someone would bring up his fashion gear.

Didnt hurt the dude on the left with his hatrick, absolute numpties though, Bellerin has a lot to answer for influencing these fools

24694040-0-image-a-32_1581596549723.jpg

Edited by Convict Colony

2 hours ago, GGalpin said:

Managed to get behind their paywall by watching a sponsor video.

Southampton is negotiating with Sporting to sign Jovane Cabral, Record knows. Negotiations are well underway and the parties involved believe that they can be successful. As far as it was possible to ascertain, at this time the English emblem is making an effort to reach the 20 million euros required by the green and white SAD, and there is still the possibility of placing a percentage of future sales or added value in the final agreement. .

These details are being worked on, although the Saints have not yet reached the money - for the transfer of Jovane - considered as minimal by the society chaired by Frederico Varandas. What is certain is that they remain very committed to hiring the 22-year-old striker, who took the leap into the limelight after the resumption of Liga NOS, following the stoppage decreed by the Government due to the state of emergency caused by the coronavirus pandemic.

Where is the obligatory YouTube video?

1 hour ago, SaintsFan86 said:

Bit I'm uneasy with is, Loaning him in to improve a player for another side., then he goes back polished.

Better than getting relegated and we aren’t competing with Everton any more.

Edited by benjii

1 hour ago, SaintsFan86 said:

I’ve never really understood this line of thinking, seems a bit ‘cut off your nose to spite your face’. Why would you not take a player who would improve your team, simply to shaft Everton in a very minor way? Personally, if someone said we could loan a player from Pompey, who’d score 20 goals from central midfield this season, I’d take it.

Whether or not you actually rate TD is a different question.

As a minor caveat for him, that was New York Fashion week I think so kind of expected to dress a bit, lets call it flamboyantly.

My main worry would be Everton have literally bought in 3 centre-mids because their midfield was so crap last year. Particular complaints that they weren't physical/hard working enough.

But as someone above said, my recollection of him when he first arrived on the scene was of a very busy energetic player box to box type player who was pretty solid technically. He seems to have regressed a little but who knows whether that is the mess that Everton have been over the last two years and he might shine under better management or whether he is just at that level. 

Our loan to buy policy on a few other players has worked out ok, so as long as their is an agreed fee option in there if he turns out good then its probably ok as its fairly low risk and as Everton need to shift players then we can probably negotiate a favourable deal, but if he's our only solution its a bit of worry, why not keep Reed? 

8 minutes ago, tajjuk said:

As a minor caveat for him, that was New York Fashion week I think so kind of expected to dress a bit, lets call it flamboyantly.

My main worry would be Everton have literally bought in 3 centre-mids because their midfield was so crap last year. Particular complaints that they weren't physical/hard working enough.

But as someone above said, my recollection of him when he first arrived on the scene was of a very busy energetic player box to box type player who was pretty solid technically. He seems to have regressed a little but who knows whether that is the mess that Everton have been over the last two years and he might shine under better management or whether he is just at that level. 

Our loan to buy policy on a few other players has worked out ok, so as long as their is an agreed fee option in there if he turns out good then its probably ok as its fairly low risk and as Everton need to shift players then we can probably negotiate a favourable deal, but if he's our only solution its a bit of worry, why not keep Reed? 

Because Reed hasn’t played for us for 3 yearA and wanted to leave perhaps?

4 minutes ago, Turkish said:

As are most of the premier league. We have to sell to buy no one else does. 

It's a very, very frustrating and self defeating way. It's not being 'sustainable', it's actually the least sustainable way to run a PL football club, as you'll just get left far behind.

We can't even afford a loan before we hunt for someone to sell, it's so depressing. We shout about this model like it's some sort of magic though, but it's just self defeating.

• Like 1

I don't know what you are talking about , I'd reckon about half the PL clubs are run sustainably and have to balance the books, even Liverpool. 

Leicester having been selling a major player pretty much every season to fund investments for the last 4 years.

We've just effed it up because our recent signings are crap so haven't had good re-sale value. 

Tom Davies has had the odd good game for Everton, but all you can really say about him is that he is an improvement on Smallbone. 

When we last played them, I thought he had majorly on the pies, looked very overweight. On top of that, I am not sure that going to New York fashion week is the sign of a career focused lifestye.  

• Like 1

Turkish - any update mate, on the latest in our CM targets? I must admit Tom Davies would not be at the top of my list. We would have been better off keeping hold of Harrison Reed in my opinion. Still hoping we get the Celtic midfielder :)

Edited by davefizzy14

4 minutes ago, davefizzy14 said:

Turkish - any update mate, on the latest in our CM targets? I must admit Tom Davies would not be at the top of my list. We would have been better off keeping hold of Harrison Reed in my opinion. Still hoping we get the Celtic midfielder :)

Personally, I think Ntcham would be a poor signing. Celtic fans don't rate him, apparently a lazy player.

As predicted, we're going for a loan option, although I think I said I thought it would be someone from Liverpool or Spurs.

All the talk of the likes of McKennie and Ntcham was just hot air. We've clearly got no money and have resorted to the loan signing of a player who is probably no better than one who we've just offloaded to Fulham. 

As others have said. What's the obsession with shopping in poundland? This club is so fucking frustrating. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd said:

As predicted, we're going for a loan option, although I think I said I thought it would be someone from Liverpool or Spurs.

All the talk of the likes of McKennie and Ntcham was just hot air. We've clearly got no money and have resorted to the loan signing of a player who is probably no better than one who we've just offloaded to Fulham. 

As others have said. What's the obsession with shopping in poundland? This club is so fucking frustrating. 

Probably the same reason that people who live on the dole are ‘obsessed‘ with shopping in Poundland.

• Like 1

West Brom in for Ntcham. I have said before, I don't think he is the type of player we need.

Davies is an interesting one. I just don't think he is a no6. He is more of a JWP/Armstrong hybrid IMO.

If we were to sign him and someone else as a true no6 then Im not against bringing him in, as its low risk.

But we have known Hojbjerg was likely to leave for a year, and there is no way Davies was even in the top 5 replacements we had identified. Probably not even top 10.

• Like 1