Summer 2020 transfer business

Batman

34 minutes ago, Toadhall Saint said:

Mandatory YouTube 

looks like he covers the ground well, a decent athlete, puts his foot in, and will mop a lot of stuff up. He looks very comfortable on the ball, and more than happy to dribble the ball. Not much in the way of flair or array of passing in that video. Nor heading ability. Looks like he can a job though. Not every job, but a job.

Edited by Chez

13 hours ago, Convict Colony said:

I read hes meant to be a.bit of a twat around the place, also think Marseille are keen

Leeds agree a £20m fee for Michael Cuisance. I like the look of him a lot. Not a holding midfielder we need, but technically really good. 

12 minutes ago, Chez said:

looks like he covers the ground well, a decent athlete, puts his foot in, and will mop a lot of stuff up. He looks very comfortable on the ball, and more than happy to dribble the ball. Not much in the way of flair or array of passing in that video. Nor heading ability. Looks like he can a job though. Not every job, but a job.

Ditto - I know it’s only YouTube but he looks to fit to what we need. If he could do everything he would be costing a lot more.

Edited by Toadhall Saint
Added

1 minute ago, Toadhall Saint said:

Ditto - I know it’s only YouTube but he looks to fit to what we need.

I think hen you watch these videos, which are to make them look as good as possible, you have to be hypercritical and note what is not being shown as much as what is. He isn't a powerhouse in the air, is one footed, doesn't have a killer pass and offers little going forward...possibly. 

1 minute ago, Chez said:

I think hen you watch these videos, which are to make them look as good as possible, you have to be hypercritical and note what is not being shown as much as what is. He isn't a powerhouse in the air, is one footed, doesn't have a killer pass and offers little going forward...possibly. 

See now I thought he offered a lot more going forward than the last bloke we had in that position. Agree with him being very one footed tho 

22 minutes ago, Toadhall Saint said:

See now I thought he offered a lot more going forward than the last bloke we had in that position. Agree with him being very one footed tho 

looks like he can dribble and forge into the open space which Hoj wasn't great at. Not sure I saw much in the way of through balls and shooting. Whether he gives the ball away as often as Hoj does, I doubt it. 

The centre-mid links are increasing:

- Olivier Ntcham
- Dejan Ljubicic
- Weston McKennie
- Orel Mangala
- Ronaldo Vieira
- Soualiho Meite
- Hamza Choudhury
- Daler Kuzyaev
- Florentino Luis
- Tom Davies
- Ruben Loftus-Cheek
- Ibrahim Sangaré
- Joey Veerman
- Ibrahima Diallo

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

The centre-mid links are increasing:

- Olivier Ntcham
- Dejan Ljubicic
- Weston McKennie
- Orel Mangala
- Ronaldo Vieira
- Soualiho Meite
- Hamza Choudhury
- Daler Kuzyaev
- Florentino Luis
- Tom Davies
- Ruben Loftus-Cheek
- Ibrahim Sangaré
- Joey Veerman
- Ibrahima Diallo

I see we are at the bottom of the short list of players we’ve scouted for years honestly we have. 

2 hours ago, Turkish said:

I see we are at the bottom of the short list of players we’ve scouted for years honestly we have. 

The club plan for every eventuality.

Mainly they do this by making sure that in every transfer window the eventualities are exactly the same as the eventualities we experienced in all the previous transfer windows.

7 hours ago, Dusic said:

7 hours ago, whiteleySaint30 said:

Google translate not working for me. What does it say?  Is he any good?

Here is my best attempt at an accurate translation:

Transfers: Ibrahima Diallo (Brest) targeted by Southampton

Brest defensive midfielder Ibrahima Diallo is interesting Southampton, who are expected to place an urgent transfer request to the club from Brittany.

Ibrahima Diallo has developed a following in England. Already targeted by Leicester, during the January transfer window, the young (21 year old) Brest player is now attracting great interest from Southampton. The club from the South of England are actively seeking a defensive midfielder and have made the former Monaco player, who transferred to Brest in the summer of 2019, a priority.

Diallo is valued at 15 million in the transfer market. The directors of Brest are already seeking a successor to the under-21 international (1 cap) who expressed his desire to leave at the start of the transfer window.

Edited by SaintJackoInHurworth

6 hours ago, CB Fry said:

The club plan for every eventuality.

Mainly they do this by making sure that in every transfer window the eventualities are exactly the same as the eventualities we experienced in all the previous transfer windows.

That way when we get to our preferred eventuality we know exactly what we are doing each time 

as a wise man in said doing exactly what we’ve done 21 times before is exactly the last thing the enemy will expect you to do this time. 

3 minutes ago, SaintsFan86 said:

Guido Carillo to have his contract terminated. This has to go down as the biggest waste of money in the clubs history?!

Agreed it shows how abysmally run we were then and why backing someone you were looking to replace complete bonkers.
Everyone except Pellegrino could see he was useless but he couldn’t see his arse from elbow anyway 

39 minutes ago, SaintsFan86 said:

Guido Carillo to have his contract terminated. This has to go down as the biggest waste of money in the clubs history?!

For those (like me) who woke up & didn’t know where this came from:

#TheUnSellables

Edited by SuperSAINT

37 minutes ago, Give it to Ron said:

Agreed it shows how abysmally run we were then and why backing someone you were looking to replace complete bonkers.
Everyone except Pellegrino could see he was useless but he couldn’t see his arse from elbow anyway 

They make a good pair then as Carrillo couldn’t hit a cows arse with a banjo

• Like 1

It looks like we are once again into last minute bargaining which normally results in buying or loaning dross.

Obviously our current owner hasn’t a pot to piss in and has never showed any inclination in bettering the club, I only hope that if and when we get a new owner they change how we operate at all levels including identifying transfer targets early and getting their business done early instead of this regular shambles of leaving It to the last bloody minute.

https://www.letelegramme.fr/football/stade-brestois-l-angleterre-pour-ibrahima-diallo-29-09-2020-12628150.php

This backs up l'equipe that Saints are keen on Diallo but also says there is more interest from the PL. Mentions specifically Leicester who have been in for him in the past (they just lost Ndidi for 12 weeks), but also hints at others.

Hope there is truth in this one and that Saints can afford it as looks like a good player and well suited to wgat we need.

Re Carillo - was obvious we would end up paying him off as his wages make a perm deal impossible otherwise and even on loan to Leganes we probably paid 75% of his salary anyway.

16 minutes ago, skintsaint said:

Carrillo off the books...should free up half of what he was on (as he must of been paid off a percentage)....

Boufal v.soon hopefully gone too.....

Hoedt & Lemona next summer.....

And Mark Hughes, Bowen Eddie whatsit and the rest of his entourage will be of the books at the end of this season too ! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dorchester Saint said:

And to think we signed Ali Dia as well...

not really the same, DIa was a free transfer and signed on a one month contract. Not a record signing on a 3 1/2 year deal. Their contribution was pretty much identical though.

Diallo looks quite dynamic and if his passing isn't worse than Hojbjerg's, than this should be an upgrade to our style of play, particularly at home.

Having someone who can win the ball and drive forward if only 15 yards, should make a difference to our otherwise turgid safe passing that gives the opposition defence a chance to get set and has hindered our home form for the last 3+ years. 

16 minutes ago, saintrich said:

Diallo looks quite dynamic and if his passing isn't worse than Hojbjerg's, than this should be an upgrade to our style of play, particularly at home.

Having someone who can win the ball and drive forward if only 15 yards, should make a difference to our otherwise turgid safe passing that gives the opposition defence a chance to get set and has hindered our home form for the last 3+ years. 

Yep I agree. PEH wasn't the only problem with our home form but he was a big part of it imo. 

Arsenal - 6 - £33.6m - Soares (free), Mari (£9.5m), Willian (free), Gabriel (£22.6m), Ceballos (loan), Runarsson (£1.5m)
Aston Villa - 4 - £76m - Cash (£14m), Watkins (£28m), Martinez (£17m), Traore (£17m)
Brighton - 2 - £900k - Lallana (free), Veltman (£900k)

Burnley - 2 - £1m - Norris (free), Stephens (£1m)
Chelsea - 7 - £208.4m - Ziyech (£33.4m), Werner (£45m), Chilwell (£45m), Sarr (free), Silva (free), Havertz (£63m), Mendy (£22m)
Crystal Palace - 3 - £16m - Ferguson (tribunal), Eze (£16m), Batshuayi (loan)
Everton - 3 - £53.7m - Allan (£21.7m), Rodriguez (£12m), Doucoure (£20m)

Fulham - 6 - £15m - Robinson (£2m), Reed (£8m), Lemina (£2m loan), Areola (loan), Tete (£3m), Aina (loan)

Leeds - 6 - £77.5m - Costa (£16m), Meslier (£5m), Harrison (loan), Rodrigo (£27m), Koch (£11.5m), Llorente (£18m)
Leicester - 2 - £23.7m - Castagne (£21m), Under (£2.7m loan)
Liverpool - 3 - £72.75m - Tsimikas (£11.75m), Thiago (£20m), Jota (£41m)
Man City - 4 - £134.2m - Moreno (£9m), Torres (£20.9m), Ake (£40m), Dias (£64.3m)
Man Utd - 2 - £35m - Ighalo (loan), van de Beek (£35m)
Newcastle - 5 - £35m - Gillespie (free), Hendrick (free), Wilson (£20m), Fraser (free), Lewis (£15m)
Sheffield Utd - 6 - £29.5m - Foderingham (free), Ramsdale (£18.5m), Bogle & Lowe (£11m combined), Ampadu (loan), Burke (swap)
Southampton - 2 - £22.9m - Walker-Peters (£12m), Salisu (£10.9m)
Tottenham - 5 - £56.7m - Hojbjerg (£15m), Hart (free), Doherty (£14.7m), Bale (loan), Reguilon (£27m)

West Brom - 8 - £22.9m - Pereira (£9m), Kipre (£900k), Diangana (£12m), Button (£1m), Robinson (swap), Ivanovic (free), Gallagher (loan), Krovinovic (loan)
West Ham - 1 - £15m - Soucek (£15m)
Wolves - 6 - £74m - Sarkic (free), Silva (£35.6m), Marcal (£1.8m), Vitinha (loan), Hoever (£9m), Semedo (£27.6m)

Total Signings: 83

Total Spend: £1,003,750,000

Billion up. So much for the Covid depressed market

2 hours ago, Saint Billy said:

It looks like we are once again into last minute bargaining which normally results in buying or loaning dross.

Obviously our current owner hasn’t a pot to piss in and has never showed any inclination in bettering the club, I only hope that if and when we get a new owner they change how we operate at all levels including identifying transfer targets early and getting their business done early instead of this regular shambles of leaving It to the last bloody minute.

He's been a net good owner. You know that right? He kicked Reed and co to the kerb, got us Hassenhuttle, and under his stewardship we've somehow avoided relegation and total financial implosion.

Reed was the worst person to ever run our club. He came so very close to utterly ruining us with a legacy of taking a european chasing team in to one that would be very lucky to be in business. It really isn't reasonable to lynch Gao for somehow saving us from Reed's nightmare. Yeah okay, i'm sure things would be different if he poured money into the club... But those owners are few and far between.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Saint Garrett said:

Done some really good business this summer Villa. Fair play to them, must be nice to have an owner with some money...

Be RLC I'm expecting to be a makeweight in the Declan Rice deal...

2020 Summer Transfers

Aston Villa - 4 - £76m - Cash (£14m), Watkins (£28m), Martinez (£17m), Traore (£17m)

2019 Summer Transfers

Aston Villa - 12 - £127m - Jota (£2m), El Ghazi (£4.5m), Wesley (£22m), Hause (£3m), Targett (£14m), Mings (£20m), Konsa (£12m), Engels (£7m), Trezeguet (£8.5m), Luiz (£15m), Heaton (£8m), Nakamba (£11m)

8 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Done some really good business this summer Villa. Fair play to them, must be nice to have an owner with some money...

Hadn't thought of that. Will improve West Ham. Eek

9 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Can't see West Ham entertaining a deal for Rice in this window, their fans would probably riot.

Then again, it's Gold, Sullivan and Brady.

Supposedly they were planning to sell Rice to fund other areas of the squad which are in need of attention, it's why there was surprise at Diangana going because they were expecting to sell Rice and it never happened so had to shift other players they didn't really want to. 

Never really rated Barkley myself, decent technically but seems thick as a post both on and off the pitch. 

• Haha 1