Summer 2020 transfer business

Batman

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

We're the only club that has made a profit from transfers the last 5 seasons yet still dont have a pot to p1ss in. it really is incredible how badly run we've been. I notice those repeating the "we are a well run club" mantra have been quite lately.

Making a profit on transfers and finishing 11th is a good thing. Not something to be mocked.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SKD said:

If we don’t sign anyone of note to come In and fill that glaring gap in CM (by anyone of note, I don’t mean some cheap loan), then I hope Ralph walks. 

You hope Ralph walks? And is replaced with ..........?

Edited by cloggy saint
crap English

4 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Making a profit on transfers and finishing 11th is a good thing. Not something to be mocked.

It will eventually trip you up and leave you relegated. It's not sustainable.

In some windows you need to invest a little, because not every transfer will be a success - it's impossible. We can't keep peppering this line of 'sell for a profit, reinvest that money in the team - but no more than what we brought in' - one or two bad windows and your entire stance is ruined, because you can't raise enough capital. Which is what we've found.

Little bit of help from an owner wouldn't go a miss.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Turkish said:

We're the only club that has made a profit from transfers the last 5 seasons yet still dont have a pot to p1ss in. it really is incredible how badly run we've been. I notice those repeating the "we are a well run club" mantra have been quite lately.

We’ve never been a well run club, since the passing of ML. Under NC, whilst performances on the pitch was very good, off it, it wasn’t sustainable without an owner who wanted to invest. 

under les/Wilson & Gao, we’ve played a ridiculously risky game of hoping every player we sign will be a Mane / VVD to the point where we are now. Terrible squad battling relegation with high earners 

Our model is based on spending what we make. if we/when we go down, finically we’ll be fucked without funds from the PL. How does that make you a well run club. 

crazy how someone like Gao hasn’t worked out that you’ve got to spend money to make money. 

7 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

3 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

It will eventually trip you up and leave you relegated. It's not sustainable.

In some windows you need to invest a little, because not every transfer will be a success - it's impossible. We can't keep peppering this line of 'sell for a profit, reinvest that money in the team - but no more than what we brought in' - one or two bad windows and your entire stance is ruined, because you can't raise enough capital. Which is what we've found.

Little bit of help from an owner wouldn't go a miss.

So to be sustainable we need to be unsustainably given cash? 

Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Haha 1

im fine with whatever the situation is with the owner and possibly future ownership. but given that we would have known for a while and also what we have spent so far there is absolutely no excuse for the club not replacing peh and doing it well. disgrace if so and just pushes ralph closer to the door 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

So to be sustainable we need to be unsustainably given cash? 

Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Not sure what you're on about.

The whole model of selling multiple players for profit and then using that to continuously evolve the team generally isn't sustainable. What helps sustainable success is when you have an owner who is engaged and willing to help the club grow, allows you to keep the core of the team, and allows you to add to it without having to sell anyone who can breathe.

The model of sell, sell, sell before we can buy will immediately fail when you have nothing to sell, that will eventually lead to regression and eventually relegation. Unless we have an owner willing to put some money in to turn the tide, we are stuck.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 1

Leicester are a prime example of a sustainable model. 

they don’t invest a fortune, but just enough to shop in that mid-high market, proven players just below the top 6. (That 25-35m bracket, with the view of selling for 45£ - 50m)

Sort of where we were when we signed Mane and VVD. The issue is we haven’t moved with the market, we’ve stuck with trying to shop in the 10-15m market and get lucky. The trouble is, £15m gets you a championship player these days. 

it only takes a couple of bad windows with this strategy to end up with a team full of shite, like we currently have. 

momey / investment doesn’t guarantee success, but uses wisely in football it’s a hell of a lesser risk than shopping in bargain basement and hoping you get lucky. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Not sure what you're on about.

The whole model of selling multiple players for profit and then using that to continuously evolve the team generally isn't sustainable. What helps sustainable success is when you have an owner who is engaged and willing to help the club grow, allows you to keep the core of the team, and allows you to add to it without having to sell anyone who can breathe.

The model of sell, sell, sell before we can buy will immediately fail when you have nothing to sell, that will eventually lead to regression and eventually relegation. Unless we have an owner willing to put some money in to turn the tide, we are stuck.

2 minutes ago, SKD said:

they don’t invest a fortune, but just enough to shop in that mid-high market, proven players just below the top 6. (That 25-35m bracket, with the view of selling for 45£ - 50m)

Sort of where we were when we signed Mane and VVD. The issue is we haven’t moved with the market, we’ve stuck with trying to shop in the 10-15m market and get lucky. The trouble is, £15m gets you a championship player these days. 

it only takes a couple of bad windows with this strategy to end up with a team full of shite, like we currently have. 

momey / investment doesn’t guarantee success, but uses wisely in football it’s a hell of a lesser risk than shopping in bargain basement and hoping you get lucky. 

Reliance on owner investment does not meet definitions of sustainable.

8 minutes ago, SKD said:

SOmething is seriously wrong when even clubs like Burnley, Palace and Watford have more spending power than we do. I know some will quickly jump up and down screaming but Watford went down and others will scream that we are skint. Both of those things are true yet it's quite incredible we are in this position having profited from sales year after year. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Turkish said:

SOmething is seriously wrong when even clubs like Burnley, Palace and Watford have more spending power than we do. I know some will quickly jump up and down screaming but Watford went down and others will scream that we are skint. Both of those things are true yet it's quite incredible we are in this position having profited from sales year after year. 

It ain't what you spend, it's the way that you spend it. And that's what gets results!

i.e. Watford 19th, Crystal Palace 14th, Southampton 11th

Edited by Matthew Le God

25 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Reliance on owner investment does not meet definitions of sustainable.

I'm not sure you understand what that word means. You seem to be under the misapprehension that any injection of capital would immediately make the club unsustainable. On the contrary, investment can make a business both more valuable and better able to cope with the vicissitudes of competition and other temporary fluctuations.

On the other hand, if you mean 'self-sustaining', there are very few examples of closed systems that are entirely self-sustaining. Whether you're talking about businesses or organisms, over time they tend to either consume themselves, or are consumed by larger rivals.

• Like 3

Just now, verlaine1979 said:

I'm not sure you understand what that word means. You seem to be under the misapprehension that any injection of capital would immediately make the club unsustainable. On the contrary, investment can make a business both more valuable and better able to cope with the vicissitudes of competition and other temporary fluctuations.

On the other hand, if you mean 'self-sustaining', there are very few examples of closed systems that are entirely self-sustaining. Whether you're talking about businesses or organisms, over time they tend to either consume themselves, or are consumed by larger rivals.

😴

2 minutes ago, Turkish said:

We don’t want him. The geniuses on here don’t believe in loans as it just improves a player for another team 

If it helps you stay up for another season, who cares 🤔. If our young players aren’t up to it, it’s our best cheap option. They aren’t, and I suspect a midfielder on loan will be it for us.
Just hope he’s a tall, powerfully built one, with PL experience, rather than an unknown nipper from abroad.

We need an experienced player. No more ones for the future nonsense. 

• Like 1

Leicesters recruitment in recent years has been excellent and something we can only aspire to be like (or return to).

They pipped us to Maddison, we ended up with Elyonnoussi. They signed Evans and Söyüncü, we opted for Vestergaard and Danso. Ndidi, Pereira and Praet other excellent signings. 

This summer they've identified their targets and are going about their business diligently. Castagne looks a great replacement for Chilwell and now they're looking at Tarkowski/Fofana/Tah (who was linked to us previously) who are all very good players. Also picked up Ünder on loan.

Please let our recruitment in the last week show some kind of ambition 🙏

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, woodsaint1 said:

Leicesters recruitment in recent years has been excellent and something we can only aspire to be like (or return to).

They pipped us to Maddison, we ended up with Elyonnoussi. They signed Evans and Söyüncü, we opted for Vestergaard and Danso. Ndidi, Pereira and Praet other excellent signings. 

This summer they've identified their targets and are going about their business diligently. Castagne looks a great replacement for Chilwell and now they're looking at Tarkowski/Fofana/Tah (who was linked to us previously) who are all very good players. Also picked up Ünder on loan.

How they tables have turned, they wanted to be us not that long ago https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fRFn6gadGWo

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, LeG said:

I'd rather a few loans and a bargain if it meant that we'll have new owners soon. Which is what is happening. We can't self sustain at the moment...we weren't far off... but the stock piling of shit players on big wages and a pandemic swiftly put an end to that business model. We are the type of club that need a decent owner (soon soon) or one that sells its star player for 60mill every season. 

So no Perm deals incoming just a couple of loan deals. RLC, Davies?? 

The soon soon owner is that likely to be DaGrossa or a different party? 

18 minutes ago, LeG said:

I'd rather a few loans and a bargain if it meant that we'll have new owners soon. Which is what is happening. We can't self sustain at the moment...we weren't far off... but the stock piling of shit players on big wages and a pandemic swiftly put an end to that business model. We are the type of club that need a decent owner (soon soon) or one that sells its star player for 60mill every season. 

Don’t mind if they are loans with one perm deal as doesn’t land the club with more baggage if they don’t work out but may be able to buy with new owners eg KWP if they do, minus selling another player eg PEH to fund it. 

OK, loan fees etc and no resell but still far cheaper than getting relegated which will happen when any kind of injury kicks in with the Tesco Value toilet paper thinness of the current squad. Decent first XI but similar issue to Burnley, no depth once a couple of injuries eg Redmond and Barnes. Hopefully Salisu fit soon to add to the picture. If that keeps us going until new owners who realise sustainability does mean investment from time to time (I just don’t think Gao ever could) then fine. 

46 minutes ago, LeG said:

Are we getting a decent owner?  Or another waste of time one?

37 minutes ago, woodsaint1 said:

I would have thought winning the prem and CL money helped out along the way.

11 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

@LeG has a credible longstanding record of information coming from the club. He isn't @Turkish pretending and 'joking' to be something he isn't.

I’m not pretending. I used to share all my info until a few bitter individuals started to try to prove me wrong, yet as time past people realised I was right all along but the bitter ones couldn’t let it go. I started to post a few other snippets but yet again the green eyed monsters reared their heads so I stopped. My ITK credibility goes back nearly two decades, it was me who revealed that we were wearing yellow and blue in the 2003 final before it was in the media on the old saintsforver site for example. I outrank everyone on here for long and credible history but it’s people like you and the other non-believers who have denied the rest of the forum my insights. 

Edited by Turkish
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, qwertyell said:

Really? Selling one of only three senior midfielders and not having any other credible options in the squad for the entire season isn't a shambles?

We're one injury, suspension or loss of form away from playing Will Smallbone every week. In midfield. In men's football. In the Premier League. Will fucking Smallbone.

Yeah well said. It’s a FUCKING SHAMBLES. 

7 minutes ago, Turkish said:

I’m not pretending. I used to share all my info until a few bitter individuals started to try to prove me wrong, yet as time past people realised I was right all along but the bitter ones couldn’t let it go. I started to post a few other snippets but yet again the green eyed monsters reared their heads so I stopped. My ITK credibility goes back nearly two decades, it was me who revealed that we were wearing yellow and blue in the 2003 final before it was in the media on the old saintsforver site for example. I outrank everyone on here for long and credible history but it’s people like you and the other non-believers who have denied the rest of the forum my insights. 

The secret life of Turkish 🙄

The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty (2013) - Rotten Tomatoes

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, SKD said:

If we don’t sign anyone of note to come In and fill that glaring gap in CM (by anyone of note, I don’t mean some cheap loan), then I hope Ralph walks. 

Not getting why you would hope he would walk. I certainly wouldn’t blame him if he did, might even expect him to but he’s the best aspect of the whole club right now.