January 2021 transfer window

mcbendy

24 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

All these links to CMs...preparing for JWP to one of the big boys in the summer? Or just planning ahead for Romeus inevitable decline (isn't he 30 now?)

Romeu is 29 years old, he is in his prime. He shouldn't be on the decline yet.

Wellington is 9 months older than Romeu, so not a long term replacement.

1 minute ago, qwertyell said:

What happened to our interest in Joey Veerman? 5 goals and 7 assists from midfield so far this season.

No idea about our interest anymore but I do look out for Veerman here as am in NL and he is defo a player, he's sort of a frenkie de jong type if that helps.

Think Heerenveen need to sell in the summer so the figure I saw being aired was 12.5mil.

Defo a player to keep an eye on.

1 hour ago, Convict Colony said:

No idea about our interest anymore but I do look out for Veerman here as am in NL and he is defo a player, he's sort of a frenkie de jong type if that helps.

Think Heerenveen need to sell in the summer so the figure I saw being aired was 12.5mil.

Defo a player to keep an eye on.

Don't know for definite, but do wonder whether he'd be getting a work permit? Given the Eredivisie is in the second bracket when it comes to league tiers I would assume it would be a close one, but still something to consider. 

6 minutes ago, Harry_SFC said:

The wages to turnover ratio is 90% so no wonder we're strugglong to meet Danny's wage demands. 

I doubt thats the real number. Despite furlough the accounting period in question is not a normal one and there was more negative impact on income than expenditure. It is not a reflection of the real situation now and so I would think your point is unfounded. 

No concern over these numbers. 

7 hours ago, qwertyell said:

What happened to our interest in Joey Veerman? 5 goals and 7 assists from midfield so far this season.

That wasn’t Joey Veerman with those stats, that was Henk Veerman (29 year old striker from Heerenveen).

IMO Joey Veerman (22 years old, only played 23 games in the Eredivisie so far) isn’t the kind of player we should look at. He hasn’t impressed at Heerenveen and if he was any decent, Ajax or PSV would be all over him.

10 hours ago, Dr. Kucho said:

That wasn’t Joey Veerman with those stats, that was Henk Veerman (29 year old striker from Heerenveen).

IMO Joey Veerman (22 years old, only played 23 games in the Eredivisie so far) isn’t the kind of player we should look at. He hasn’t impressed at Heerenveen and if he was any decent, Ajax or PSV would be all over him.

5 goals - 6 assists - 4 Man of the matches and I've seen a couple of articles talking about him potentially an ajax future player.

Screenshot 2021-01-13 at 08.47.07.png

Edited by Convict Colony

53 minutes ago, Nolan said:

obviously Youtube videos highlight the positive and pretend nothing negative ever happens, but it does look as if his quick decisive forward passing would match our current play style. 

Young

hungry

Guarenteed to improve

doesn't sound like a saints signing 

2 minutes ago, Chris cooper said:

Finally someone said it ... we will be selling not buying according to very concerning report !

Sell to buy, Yes. This is our model! Nothing has changed here. I will add that we do have some very good assets to sell should we need too. I'm not to concerned.

2 hours ago, SaintsFan86 said:

Sell to buy, Yes. This is our model! Nothing has changed here. I will add that we do have some very good assets to sell should we need too. I'm not to concerned.

Those very good assets are the spine of our current team and are why we are at the dizzy heights we are ..it’s inevitable ings vesty and possibly jwp will be sold in the summer.. but we will survive as the promising youngsters coming through will keep our prem status hopefully 🙏🏻 

Think we need to be realistic here.

We've made a massive loss, we're continuing to lose revenue every game we play behind close doors, we're also achieving above expectations, there's no need for us to purchase in January.

I expect and indeed hope that we have no in or out goings this month.

Here's hoping we achieve something of note this season as I think it's almost inevitable we're going to have to sell in the summer with Ings\Prowse the most likely to leave :(

Wonder if this will help reset the whole player salary expectations.

We post we have "booked" losses of this size so how does Ings agent try and wring more money out of us above what we are offering and spin it positively?

As other clubs release their accounts will those players coming off contract or up for renewal realise they can't demand what they thought due very very few clubs willing to spend it.

Wonder how Everton and West Ham's accounts will look if Man U and Spurs post large losses as well.

30 minutes ago, StDunko said:

I suggest that the evidence shows Charlie has now satisfied his hunger through multiple trips to the chippy over a prolonged period. 

Not so sure, I heard the kebab shops in West London have gone on red alert and upped their orders for Doner meat.

Not really relevant but if anyone is interested it's the De Klassieker here tomorrow Ajax v Feynoord who are 1/2 in the league as well, should be a excellent derby.

Going for Feynoord as been to a few games last year and their fans even when we played them in pre-season are excellent.

Berghuis is their best player, Tadic should be on show for Ajax I think

• Like 1

On 13/01/2021 at 08:26, Nolan said:

obviously Youtube videos highlight the positive and pretend nothing negative ever happens, but it does look as if his quick decisive forward passing would match our current play style. 

for my sins I watched the whole thing. The early clips make him look pretty poor, I have to say. but there's one or two nice flashes of skill as you go on and some good longer balls out wide. He makes a fair few interceptions, showing good anticipation, but mostly it just bad passing by opponents. I'd like to see more of how he does when under a bit more pressure. Most of the clips show him having hours of time. He looks pretty quick across the ground and is willing to go to ground to make a tackle, but I get the feeling he doesn't work quite hard enough to get the right side and maybe even does the bare minimum because he has the recovery speed - he's a bit casual, possibly, and could maybe do more. Looks comfortable on the ball, but one footed. Doesn't dribble and show much, if anything going forward. Bit of a meh for me, but that's just on this video, nothing else.

16 hours ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

I’m not sure Williams is all that and there’s got to be better value out there surely? Looks like Crouchies illegitimate love child (allegedly).😉 

better value in terms of lower wage? Lower fee? I think Williams can play at this level and on both sides. I know we shouldn't need jack of all trades, but nice to have, especially if you want to have a small squad.

Omar Richards still not signed on a free with Bayern. 

21 hours ago, Chez said:

better value in terms of lower wage? Lower fee? I think Williams can play at this level and on both sides. I know we shouldn't need jack of all trades, but nice to have, especially if you want to have a small squad.

Omar Richards still not signed on a free with Bayern. 

I was thinking both, but cannot argue about having versatile players...it’s a good point. And agree that Omar Richards is a great shout if available on a free, but would he come here if Bayern was in his sights?

4 minutes ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

I was thinking both, but cannot argue about having versatile players...it’s a good point. And agree that Omar Richards is a great shout if available on a free, but would he come here if Bayern was in his sights?

I was wondering if Bayern move might be `agent placed' to increase his bargaining position.

Good point about value though Williams signed a new deal with United last year so will be on a `healthy' amount -  I read £40k+ a week I think - which is not to be sniffed at if he is second choice. Bertie's new deal might be key here.

13 minutes ago, davefizzy14 said:

Fingers crossed we can delve into the market and get a couple of players in on loan to help strengthen the squad given the number of injuries we have atm. We desparetely need cover at fullback.

Don't get your hopes up! https://www.hampshirelive.news/sport/football/transfer-news/southampton-transfer-news-ralph-hasenhuttl-4897125