January 2021 transfer window

mcbendy

Returning to the left back position, I see that Reading's Omar Richards (out of contract in the summer) is linked with Bayern Munich. Possibly agent drumming up interest from Prem sides/increasing Reading's wage offer, but he is an exciting player. Very skillful on the ball, lots if tricks and a decent crosser of the ball. He doesn't look lightning fast, which could be an issue when stepping up a level, but I would hope we have scouted him in recent weeks.

28 minutes ago, Chez said:

Returning to the left back position, I see that Reading's Omar Richards (out of contract in the summer) is linked with Bayern Munich. Possibly agent drumming up interest from Prem sides/increasing Reading's wage offer, but he is an exciting player. Very skillful on the ball, lots if tricks and a decent crosser of the ball. He doesn't look lightning fast, which could be an issue when stepping up a level, but I would hope we have scouted him in recent weeks.

Not really noticed him as dont watch much Championship stuff!

How does he compare in styel and ability to KWP as I would assume RH wants a left sided KWP if at all possible, as in high energy, skillfully, good defender and good crosser. 

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-united/sheffield-united-linked-leicester-citys-demarai-gray-heres-why-it-might-not-happen-3087521

Sheff Utd also interested but...

"Benfica, Marseille and Monaco have also been credited with an interest in Gray, but signing for Southampton may prove too good to turn down if Ralph Hasenhüttl's impressive side decide to firm up their interest"

Nice.

2 hours ago, SNSUN said:

No Balogun in the Arsenal squad today... 

😉

Not ITK, but if it comes off I'd look like one. 😀

He is supposedly About to sign a pre contract agreement with a European club. His agent sounds a bit of a nightmare, Arteta believes the player wants to stay but his agent is pushing him to move.

9 minutes ago, jawillwill said:

Austin has re-signed for QPR. Gutted we have missed out on that. Could have been a great goal scoring back-up for Ings.

You aren’t being serious are you?  I get we need more options, and that Long isn’t perhaps going to be here much after this season, but Austin was a disruptive force on the dressing room, and wasnt great when he was here, and has gone downhill.

Is it not saying something he has joined a club fighting relegation in a division below, rather than one chasing promotion?

I think we will be looking for additional support, but no way would it be someone like Austin.

10 minutes ago, Billy the Kidd said:

You aren’t being serious are you?  I get we need more options, and that Long isn’t perhaps going to be here much after this season, but Austin was a disruptive force on the dressing room, and wasnt great when he was here, and has gone downhill.

Is it not saying something he has joined a club fighting relegation in a division below, rather than one chasing promotion?

I think we will be looking for additional support, but no way would it be someone like Austin.

Do you understand sarcasm?

On 09/01/2021 at 12:25, MarkSFC said:

Not really noticed him as dont watch much Championship stuff!

How does he compare in styel and ability to KWP as I would assume RH wants a left sided KWP if at all possible, as in high energy, skillfully, good defender and good crosser. 

I've only watched Reading twice and to be honest I wasn't concentrating very hard. However, he was actually noticeable in those games because he beat people all ends up and that is something you don't see every day at most levels from fullbacks. He always seemed to want to get forward with the ball and dribbled a lot rather than seeing the ball as a hot potato - lots of confidence.  I just watched a youtube video of a game agains Blackburn and he has a brilliant drag back and in that game he seemed to beat players all the time with his tricks. He certainly likes to dribble it out from the back and  drive into space like KWP does. I am wondering if he is a converted winger. He looks good at that level. He wouldn't get away with as much at our level, but he has the first touch thats for sure. I don't know if he has the defensive capabilities. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jawillwill said:

Austin has re-signed for QPR.

"When you have players who have been in the Premier League, earning Premier League money, one of the big questions you have is about their hunger.

"In Charlie's case, he has it by the bucket-load."

Looks like Charlie might've been rumbled by his new manager already?

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Billy the Kidd said:

Sure I do, but I'm new to this forum having spent 11 years with Not606, and you get to understand people over time, and how they post.

Your post could be taken in a couple of ways, so thanks for pointing that out.

Tin at time friend. These on here take no prisoners cause they are always right . You may have an opinion but  be prepared to be shot down.

2 hours ago, Saint86 said:

Daka to west ham, great signing.

I bet he’s better than our last Zambian. If he’s as good as our last purchase from RB Salzburg they will have a real coup.

On the Beeb Gossip... Real Betis interested in Dan N’Lundulu.

7 hours ago, Roo1976 said:

Tin at time friend. These on here take no prisoners cause they are always right . You may have an opinion but  be prepared to be shot down.

Thanks for the heads up.  Yeah, I figured so, and aren’t so worried about that. I didnt see it as a shooting down, just getting to know people, who has grace and intellect, and tell them apart from those that, well dont.

• Like 1

On 10/01/2021 at 14:53, Ivan Katalinic's 'tache said:

"When you have players who have been in the Premier League, earning Premier League money, one of the big questions you have is about their hunger.

"In Charlie's case, he has it by the bucket-load."

Looks like Charlie might've been rumbled by his new manager already?

'KFC Bargain bucket-load'

8 hours ago, Chez said:

Northern Echo's take is that Brandon Williams is now going nowhere https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/19000643.newcastle-end-interest-manchester-uniteds-brandon-williams/ with Fosu-Mensah instead departing and Williams becoming backup right back.

Seems it true, Fosu-Mensah looks likely to sign for Leverkusen. Guess we wont be getting Williams. 

3 hours ago, SuperSAINT said:

Largely probably depends if Utd sign another right-back.

They were linked with Tripper, but his ban would prevent a move, you'd think. Solskjaer seems to rate Williams. Well, at least he has made positive remarks about him recently (maybe to boost his price, maybe to boost his confidence ahead of games in the busy period - and maybe because Tripper move is falling through) , but he clearly hasn't shined early season enough to claim the reserve left back role.

Wan-Bisakka doesn't seem to get injured, meaning the right back cover doesn't get many games, so perhaps there isn't huge pressure to sign a right back right. If signing his depends on United signing a player ,then it is going to come down to the 11 hour.

1 hour ago, CB Fry said:

Other forum contributors will confirm but if we sign this guy I believe it will be the first time we have ever signed someone named after one of The Shoe People.

Will his present club give him the boot though?

12 hours ago, Katalinic said:

Totally dismissed this one but noticed he has just started following the club on instagram which is a bit random if there is nothing in it.

Very strange as he seems to be another romeau/diallo type holding mf looks quite good but it’s gonna be hard enough to fit diallo into the side at present so seems we are already strong in this area 

2 minutes ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

Very strange as he seems to be another romeau/diallo type holding mf looks quite good but it’s gonna be hard enough to fit diallo into the side at present so seems we are already strong in this area 

Feels like one of those signings as a make weight because he is best mates with our real target... 

3 hours ago, CB Fry said:

Other forum contributors will confirm but if we sign this guy I believe it will be the first time we have ever signed someone named after one of The Shoe People.

Such a shame Fitz "one size" Hall is no longer with us, Wellington - Fitz hall, would not only make a great goal/assist combo but also a great marketing campaign, i'll get the t-shirt printers ready

• Like 1