January 2021 transfer window

mcbendy

6 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Josh King to either Everton or Fulham, deals agreed.

May ramp up their interest in Long.

Would be typical saints to complain about squad depth, then let Vokins, Long and Valery leave without adding.

Multiple places now saying Long will go there on loan if King leaves (lets be honest, Everton will pay him what he wants).

I wonder if Cherries will pay Long's wages in full?

Edited by SuperSAINT

1 minute ago, Saint Garrett said:

Feels like the owner has decided we’ve stayed up this season, and just trying to see through to the summer with the current squad, cost saving where possible. Feel sorry for Ralph. 

He has no interest in us, no ambition and no real intent to progress us.

Need shot, but apparently he's doing a good job.

We should see how this season in relative safety, probably finish no higher than 12th or so. What is really concerning is how the squad is going to look next season. It's clear that we have no money and just to keep afloat we are likely to have to sell what's left of the crown jewels. Ings and JWP the first ones to go. Kat sold us down the river when she let Gao buy the club. She surely must have realised that he didn't have a pot to piss in. 

6 minutes ago, Doctorkmt said:

It's ridiculous if we are. Never spend anything and have had a fortune for several different players in recent years

It's a myth that we never spend anything, we've just spent too much on poor choices, not just the Carrillo and Lemina type transfers but long hefty contracts for Forster and Davis etc. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Saint_clark said:

It's a myth that we never spend anything, we've just spent too much on poor choices, not just the Carrillo and Lemina type transfers but long hefty contracts for Forster and Davis etc. 

Davis?

We don't spend much anymore, we haven't done for a good few years now. Only what we get in.

3 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

He has no interest in us, no ambition and no real intent to progress us.

Need shot, but apparently he's doing a good job.

Exactly, people seem to think we want 20-30 million investment for transfers, but all we want is a loan or two, it’s shambolic. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Would be typical saints to complain about squad depth, then let Vokins, Long and Valery leave without adding.

Surely this will not happen. Ridiculous if so. Guess it'll be the youth team for the rest of the season. Which other premier league side would this happen to?

#saintsfc on twitter is amusing as always on TDD, brings out all sorts of people. People signing off their tweet with things like Bob Smith, Saints Fan.

Lots of everyone is laughing at us stuff, we're the embarrassment of the league etc 

1 minute ago, S-Clarke said:

Davis?

We don't spend much anymore, we haven't done for a good few years now. Only what we get in.

Yeah, in 2016 we gave him a new 3 year contract on what would obviously have been higher wages when he'd already started to decline for us.

We've only ever spent what we get in, but someone mentioned never spending money despite recieving large sums for players...I've done it many times over the last few years and can't be arsed to do it again now, but if you look at the outgoings and incomings since we returned to the Premier League I promise you we have spent more than we've received just on transfer fees, not even taking into account bumper new contracts for players.

If you were Ings or Bertrand would you sign a new deal after seeing that we will always be a selling club - unless our fake Sheikh Owner sells the club.

so many false dawns in previous transfer windows especially the lies back in the Les Reed days on deals like Alderweireld signing permanently etc..

Yes the club is skint as so are many others, let’s hope our better players are back sooner than later

11 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Yeah but we only spend whatever we receive and have done so for the last 5 years

I have no idea how true this might be but we are bloody 19th in the net spend table.

See link below: 

https://www.transferleague.co.uk/premier-league-last-five-seasons/transfer-league-tables/premier-league-table-last-five-seasons

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/the-20-premier-league-clubs-ranked-by-net-spend-over-last-five-years/

Whatever links and sources you use we are always 17th to 19th.

Is it too much to even have a net spend similar to some of the above? I don’t want to be misconstrued as someone who should be more grateful as yes, we could be languishing in L1, nor do I want to sound like someone who has no clue about football finances- but ultimately I’d like my football club to be far better than it can be whilst operating within sound limits

3D65B012-EE48-49B9-A10B-FBDA061CBC45.jpeg

725BFD18-D282-4689-A7E6-2BD67C6D4D01.jpeg

Edited by nta786
  • Like 1

Just now, Appy said:

My guess is KWP is back sooner than they expected if they’re going for Minamino

And Theo is long, long term with a hamstring tear?

We still needed a FB before KWP got injured though, so it's not like that changed the stakes.

Edited by S-Clarke

4 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Curveball, but I'd be happy with that. Him as a 10 gives us options, an alternative to what we have obviously, but also possibly shifting Armstrong to a 6, meaning JWP or Diallo for FB cover. 

Just now, Appy said:

Like I said before, we've struggled for cover in every position on the pitch this season so if we absolutely cannot get a fullback in then we might as well use the other loan slot to get SOMEONE in.

3 minutes ago, Appy said:

Thought we had been told that KWP injury is not too bad, not ready for tomorrow but sounded like the weekend. Walcott would be out for at least 6 weeks for hammy, that's a given.

1 minute ago, DT said:

Saints reject Maitland Niles as he wants to play midfield. Then try to buy midfielder. You gotta larf 

It’s a loan ....but wait until King falls through at Everton, Long stays and we then can’t afford Minamoto 🙂 wages

oh well we tried ....fun being a Saints fan

What this thread is really missing is a good old rant from the Delldays (or whatever Jamie called himself). This time last year he was apoplectic about Cedric going to Arsenal. It doesnt feel like Transfer Deadline day without him and his comments about "deadwood".

• Haha 1