January 2021 transfer window

mcbendy

5 minutes ago, Pilchards said:

They’ve had the whole month to sort something out, why wait for the last 4 hours?

It really does surprise me how it's always like this. But it's not just us.

Liverpool have had all window as well, yet only today are they making random lower league/reserve signings. 

Just now, S-Clarke said:

It really does surprise me how it's always like this. But it's not just us.

Liverpool have had all window as well, yet only today are they making random lower league/reserve signings. 

It’s because clubs don’t realise who they can afford to let go until so late, so it there’s always going to be a knock on effect. 

• Like 2

Well Semmens has been busy today....

Southampton vice-chair Martin Semmens was on a “virtual” panel at the Soccerex conference today. “Football is big business,” was the topic under debate. Soccerex’s owner? Kapital Football Group, the firm run by Joe DaGrosa that’s been trying to buy Southampton for at least 6mo.

35 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Yes but we've had windows where we thought nothing was happening and then the "business done" message doesn't come for ages and then eventually it does come at about ten o'clock and we haven't signed anyone. 

And we’ve had windows where the manager has said all window that we need to sign players then when it’s obvious we haven’t been able to his said that we don’t need any as we have *insert academy players name* who can step up. The cheerleaders took that to mean we never needed anyone in the first place, we never did business because we didn’t need too.

When was the last time we actually strengthened the team in January.? 

The last couple we’ve all hoped and said we need this player or that player but by the end of the window we ended the window weaker then when the window opened.

5 minutes ago, IFHP said:

The last couple we’ve all hoped and said we need this player or that player but by the end of the window we ended the window weaker then when the window opened.

KWP last January and he replaced Cedric = Upgrade

Edited by beatlesaint
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, IFHP said:

Walker-Peters Jan 2020 

33 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Is this the right place to discuss the fact that Screech from Saved By The Bell died today?

Wouldn’t stop us signing him, worth a punt, could get him back to fitness and flip him. You might say resurrect his career?

Edited by Toussaint
  • Like 1

If we don't sign anyone, this is where we stand in the positions that we are concerned about:

• Centre backs: Bednarek, Stephens, Vestergaard (soon to return to fitness), Salisu (Soon to return to fitness)
  • Left back: KWP (soon to return to fitness), Valery
    • Left back options: JWP, Diallo (injured), Redmond, Armstrong, Smallbone (injured), Stephens
  • Right Back: Bertrand, Ramsay
    • Right back options: Ferry, Armstrong, JWP, Diallo (Injuerd), Watts(?), Jankewitz(?), Smallbone (injured), Stephens
  • Central midfield: Ward-Prowse, Romeu (Injured?), Diallo (Injured), Smallbone (Injured), Jankewitz

It would not be an ideal situation, but the point is that as more players return from injury our options will improve. In particular if Salisu can finally play for us then Stephens becomes a significant full-back option.

I would love to see us sign someone as a full back but I'm not going to panic if we don't!

Just now, SaintJackoInHurworth said:

If we don't sign anyone, this is where we stand in the positions that we are concerned about:

• Centre backs: Bednarek, Stephens, Vestergaard (soon to return to fitness), Salisu (Soon to return to fitness)
    • Left back options: JWP, Diallo (injured), Redmond, Armstrong, Smallbone (injured), Stephens
    • Right back options: Ferry, Armstrong, JWP, Diallo (Injuerd), Watts(?), Jankewitz(?), Smallbone (injured), Stephens
  • Central midfield: Ward-Prowse, Romeu (Injured?), Diallo (Injured), Smallbone (Injured), Jankewitz

It would not be an ideal situation, but the point is that as more players return from injury our options will improve. In particular if Salisu can finally play for us then Stephens becomes a significant full-back option.

I would love to see us sign someone as a full back but I'm not going to panic if we don't!

Not for me if it can possibly be avoided, hasn’t Valery left?

5 minutes ago, SaintJackoInHurworth said:

I don't think you know the difference between left and right.