January 2021 transfer window

mcbendy

3 minutes ago, Saint Since '51 said:

He'd play as a 10 for us.

Improves the squad. Potential signing in the summer. Good addition.

Better than hastily adding a full-back we really don't want to play.

I think they are gambling on muddling through the short term crisis, and finishing the rest of the season with Vesty (and Salisu) back and using Stephens as cover at full-back, until we can get another decent full-back in the summer.

Spot on

3 minutes ago, Chez said:

neat and tidy footballer that loves getting on the ball and can perhaps offer that touch of quality we need in the final third.  More than happy to see if he can replicate RB Salzburg form. 

With COVID limiting finances and scouting and making deals with oversees players tough, the choice of players is very limited, so this feels like a nice outcome.

Totally agree. Hopefully offers the mobility and final ball we’re after and which Redmond lacks

4 minutes ago, Saint Since '51 said:

good point. We are all getting hot under the collar about the signing of a reserve. How many times have we said we must sign players that improve the first eleven. Perhaps we just did.

4 minutes ago, Saint Since '51 said:

He'd play as a 10 for us.

Improves the squad. Potential signing in the summer. Good addition.

I think they are gambling on muddling through the short term crisis, and finishing the rest of the season with Vesty (and Salisu) back and using Stephens as cover at full-back, until we can get another decent full-back in the summer.

Agree. No doubt we wanted to bring in a full back and we’re definitely light there. Clearly the club don’t rate Vokins to the extent that they’d rather stick Diallo, Stephens, JWP or otherwise there if needed, which is a shame.

21 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

Really can't for life of me understand why we are in for Minamino. What a garbage signing

Really?   Have seen a lot of him playing for Japan - he is quality and the sort of creative attacking midfielder we've needed since Lallana.    Just need KWP and Vest back sooner than later.

• Like 2

The one thing we’ve always missed under Ralph is that little bit of craft and precision when it comes to the final ball. Plenty of guile, plenty of graft, but missing a Tadic/Lallana type to thread a tight pass to break a packed defence. Minamino has a little bit of that quality. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

This sounds stupid?

I mean he is shit. He needs games. And he’s a long way down the pecking order. Depending on the situation with KWP, Salisu, Vestergaard, Diallo and Romeu, it would make sense to loan him out to get games. I worry he’d struggle to get in the Birmingham team though. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, saintwbu said:

The one thing we’ve always missed under Ralph is that little bit of craft and precision when it comes to the final ball. Plenty of guile, plenty of graft, but missing a Tadic/Lallana type to thread a tight pass to break a packed defence. Minamino has a little bit of that quality. 

Agree, final ball has let us down so many times this season in games we have dominated, Minamino could provide that  quality which we haven’t got 

2 minutes ago, Saint Scott said:

Jim Lucas (@JFBLucas) Tweeted: “Quick! Who remembers the password for the Japanese account?!” https://twitter.com/JFBLucas/status/1356358210035318785?s=20

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">“Quick! Who remembers the password for the Japanese account?!” <a href="https://t.co/RfXoc7C11B">https://t.co/RfXoc7C11B</a></p>&mdash; Jim Lucas (@JFBLucas) <a href="https://twitter.com/JFBLucas/status/1356358210035318785?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 1, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Screenshot_20210201-223330_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, beatlesaint said:

Interesting that Liverpool fans seem to be questioning why they are letting him go out on loan but are keeping Origi 🤷‍♂️

He’s  got a lot to prove. I remember Salzburg fans not being happy when he left. I’m confident on this one.

Edited by wadesmith
  • Like 1

Cannot show any disappointment at the Minimino deal, he is a player so suited to the way we play. High energy attacking player, wide, or inverted.

I'm still a little bit baffled at our failure to get a full back though, yet still keen to loan out our remaining full backs.

6 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

I mean he is shit. He needs games. And he’s a long way down the pecking order. Depending on the situation with KWP, Salisu, Vestergaard, Diallo and Romeu, it would make sense to loan him out to get games. I worry he’d struggle to get in the Birmingham team though. 

He wouldn't. Maxine Colin has been a revelation at Brum. The fans love him to bits. He only lacks a yard of pace otherwise he could play at the highest level. There was concern earlier today that we might be signing him and sending Valery the other way. Valery would most likely be played right midfield.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chez said:

He wouldn't. Maxine Colin has been a revelation at Brum. The fans love him to bits. He only lacks a yard of pace otherwise he could play at the highest level. There was concern earlier today that we might be signing him and sending Valery the other way. Valery would most likely be played right midfield.

Think he’ll do a good job there in midfield. I think he is ok, just not as a RB. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DT said:

Everton got King for five mill. Not much, really. I know, I know, wages. But still

good signing that IMO. I know he was out of out price range wages wise, but he will be a better option than Tosum.

Well I would have preferred a defender but it's bizarre how anyone can see this as a bad thing. Some people may have failed to notice we haven't scored from open play in our last seven games so another attacking option is very welcome.

Granted it's not worked for him at Liverpool but he's not had many opportunities tbf, and he was quality at RB Salzburg,

If nothing else he is a much better option than Shane Long! Will do for me.

• Like 1