January 2021 transfer window

mcbendy

I left for work having just heard about the Minamino link, thinking it was media bullshit, and have got to work with us imminently signing him! Even as a short term loan with no option, that would be a great signing. He's quick and hard working, versatile in attacking positions and, heck, Liverpool wouldn't have signed him unless they saw something in him. I reckon he'll play opposite Armstrong in AM mainly but my Liverpool-supporting mate thinks he could play up front with Ings. Still, exciting times for a change IF it comes off.

I only hope we can see a first team of: McCarthy, KWP, Bednarek, Vestergaard, Bertrand, JWP, Romeu/Diallo, Armstrong, Minamino, Ings, Adams at some point this season. That's a top ten team, if they can stay fit.

Shame about the full back positions, seems odd to loan out our back ups. Either the plan is to play JWP/Diallo there when needed or we hope Vestergaard/Salisu is closer to returning than we think and Stephens can fill in. Otherwise we have Kayne Ramsey. Bit of a shit showing there, especially with Vokins. How nice would it be to suddenly see McQueen come back from the 'dead'...

1 hour ago, The Cat said:

SaintsWeb - "We have a small squad with not enough options"

SaintsWeb - "We have too many players and there's a selection headache."

We do have a small squad and we do lack options in some areas, whereas other areas are well covered with average players. If only the likes of Redmond and Djenepo could do a job at full back we'd be ok, but it's a shame that we have to play JWP as a full back when his talents lay firmly in the middle.

We are a bed in, develop, progress a player type club. Minamino is here to see if he can make it in the Prem and Liverpool trust us to do that.

That is a plus and hopefully can get us to finish as high up the league as we can on a club that doesn't spend out high in normal times, let alone a pandemic.

Just now, Matthew Le God said:

Ings cost £20m pre pandemic from the same club.

With an agreed fee already in place. Nothing like that is in this deal. 

Only way we sign Minamino is if Ings is going the other way, in which case I'd want £10million plus Minamino for him. 

Just now, Matthew Le God said:

Ings cost £20m pre pandemic from the same club.

That was already agreed and set in the contract when we got him on loan.

That price was on the back of him not playing that often.

If Minimino does well for us we are not getting him for £30m. And we won't be spending more than £15m on a player.

8 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Despite him scoring and setting up another, I don't get the same feeling when watching that video back as I did on the night. When I watched it live I thought he was excellent, but somehow the clips of that game leave me wondering if he makes too many bad choices as he gave the ball away a lot in good positions. It was against Liverpool I suppose. He certainly tries things and we need someone to do that. I'm still hopeful this will turn out well for us.

1 minute ago, S-Clarke said:

That was already agreed and set in the contract when we got him on loan.

That price was on the back of him not playing that often.

If Minimino does well for us we are not getting him for £30m. And we won't be spending more than £15m on a player.

He isn't costing anyone £30m or £40m after a decent half season with us in a pandemic summer transfer window.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, saint97 said:

Valery done, to Birmingham.
Disappointed we’re letting him go 

Shows how little he is rated by Ralph.

Leaves us incredibly short at full back, unless Ralph see's a lot more in training from Moussa...!

Edited by S-Clarke

Just now, SaintJackoInHurworth said:

Just a thought but... can we still sign players on a free after the deadline closes? If so might we be planning on signing a full back on a free?

Don't we have to register our squad though...? Don't think we can register anyone else (even though we could sign a free).

May be wrong.