FA Cup 3rd Round Draw

Master Bates

15 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Just make sure that you all pronounce Shrewsbury correctly.

I've lived close to Shrewsbury for 35 years and no-one knows the correct pronunciation. There's historical evidence that it may have originally been Shrowsbury, do that's correct, but try telling that to the other half of the town. Even my family is split 50/50.

35 minutes ago, Kenilworthy said:

Bet the Spurs game is switched to their new stadium

Under normal circumstances, if it’s still permitted, then yes probably.

But it’s going to be played under Covid restrictions so Spurs will have to rough it, Marine aren’t going to pass up the chance to let their fans see this.

Good draw, home game against a team near the bottom of the 3rd division, gives us a chance. I'd rather have had Marine though. 

I'd say play our B team, but they are probably about 4th tier level going by some of their performances this season so will need a mix. 

Busy Christmas period, plus a full midweek round of Premier league fixtures midweek after 3rd round weekend i cant see many clubs playing a first XI. (We have Leeds away few days later) 

I remember the 93 cup defeat away at Gay Meadow, a highlight of the Branfoot era. 

45 minutes ago, JRM said:

Good draw, home game against a team near the bottom of the 3rd division, gives us a chance. I'd rather have had Marine though. 

I'd say play our B team, but they are probably about 4th tier level going by some of their performances this season so will need a mix. 

Busy Christmas period, plus a full midweek round of Premier league fixtures midweek after 3rd round weekend i cant see many clubs playing a first XI. (We have Leeds away few days later) 

I remember the 93 cup defeat away at Gay Meadow, a highlight of the Branfoot era. 

Chart says Saints won at home? 

20 hours ago, trousers said:

Spurs playing here... #magicofthecup #marinefc

mar20.jpg

dortmund-at-marine.jpg

If you look closely at the first picture, you'll just make out the numbers attached to the fence.  They match the house numbers - so that when the ball flies into someone's back garden, one of the players can pop round and ask for the ball back.  Nice little job for Harry Kane.  

• Haha 1

Confirmed game will be 8pm on the Saturday night on BT Sport extra2. 

Will be interesting to see how the club manage ticket sales, FA cup so no season ticket refunds needed, would be nice if they give other fans a chance , especially if we're able to have 4000 by then, I can't see many wanting to go to this anyway. 

4 hours ago, JRM said:

Confirmed game will be 8pm on the Saturday night on BT Sport extra2. 

Will be interesting to see how the club manage ticket sales, FA cup so no season ticket refunds needed, would be nice if they give other fans a chance , especially if we're able to have 4000 by then, I can't see many wanting to go to this anyway. 

Really? You underestimate our support.  I think there are a lot more than 4,000 fans, including me, who would love to be there. This year we have a better chance than most of reaching Wembley. The problem is that one of the big clubs always seems to reach the final and whoever plays them is basically cannon fodder. Little Pompey were so lucky to get Cardiff in the final. The chances of two small clubs being in the final again, like that, are pretty remote. But, Swansea fans probably never believed that they would be so lucky as to get Bradford in a major Wembley final so anything is possible. We live in hope that we won't get drawn against Manchester United or Liverpool as usual. Shrewsbury is a good start anyway.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Baird of the land said:

Surprised the FA cup games haven't been postponed yet, given the covid situation. I can understand trying to keep the premier league going but mixing those bubbles with EFl and non league seems nuts.

If they do go ahead i wonder will Saints put out a complete reserve side.

What s the issue as long as everyone is tested prior

On 30/12/2020 at 16:41, Lighthouse said:

The issue is that testing doesn’t stop it from spreading. With the country facing a tier 5 lockdown, football may well be called off for a few weeks.

That s not my point. What is the difference between a PL club and a L1 club.

They all get tested prior to a match so PL bubble or EFL bubble isn t any different.