Fulham vs Saints — Build-up & Match

SuperSAINT

Blimey. What a contrast to the City performance. Hoofing it aimlessly long constantly with pretty much nothing up front to turn shit into gold doesnt seem to be paying off. How about we return to the passing game in the second half. Fulham have wasted their opportunities on the break, but eventually they will score unless we sort things out. 

Difficult half. First 15 we seemed hesitant. I liked the fact we kept to the basics as the new additions got up to speed. 

After 25-30 minutes I felt Saints finally got some control of the ball but lacking in the final third. Fulham working hard to deny the space and our passing not accurate or particularly quick either.

Fulham have looked bright on the break with a couple of dangerous crosses and positions. 

I think Ralph needs to get them to refocus and sharpen up the passing. 

Edited by jasonb

Aside from JWP and Adams that was utter garbage.

Long, Armstrong and Walcott have been disgustingly bad.  How on earth Long gets a start I'll never know.  Its like playing with 10 men every time.

Diallo been anonymous (but it is his first start) and a couple of Stephens mental lapses already.  Just a very poor showing all round.

Pretty grim. Started to come into it more as the half wore on, but no quality at all. 

Diallo tidy, Stephens with some poor square passes, Long anonymous. Nothing on the bench to really give us much optimism.

If we were playing anyone good we'd be in big trouble today. Scruffy 1-0 either way, I reckon. 

Edit: oh, and the ref's been terrible for both sides too. Where do they find these Muppets?

Edited by qwertyell

2 minutes ago, washsaint said:

Aside from JWP and Adams that was utter garbage.

Long, Armstrong and Walcott have been disgustingly bad.  How on earth Long gets a start I'll never know.  Its like playing with 10 men every time.

Diallo been anonymous (but it is his first start) and a couple of Stephens mental lapses already.  Just a very poor showing all round.

They really haven't been disgustingly bad. Not great but there's no need for that level of exaggeration. 

• Like 4

Stephens worries me every time he receives the ball. He is an accident waiting to happen. We should betaking off Long and bringing on Djenepo and play him down the middle as I think his pace would give Fulham problems. Otherwise this has all the hallmarks of games we lose one nil.

Just now, for_heaven's_Saint said:

Really don’t know why we are playing aimless long balls. Let’s get it down and play through them like we know we are capable of. 

Dude you have to let me know what epsiode that dude on you avatar was on again, I need a laugh tonight or at least let me know his name again.

• Jimmy_D locked and unpinned this topic