Saints 1-3 Arsenal - Match Thread

Lighthouse

24 minutes ago, BotleySaint said:

Defence looking wide open so far. Unsettled due to the changes I think.

Not unsettled, Just not good enough. Valery, Stephens and vokins (at the moment) shouldn’t be anywhere near a PL team. 

edit: slightly harsh in Vokins. Playing well, especially going forward and linking with Stu.

Edited by SKD

1 minute ago, The Cat said:

You do realise this style of playing out of the back is part of our success? It was the execution which was wrong, not the idea. 

Of course but sometimes it's necessary to be aware of immediate danger. Stephens was fannying around.

Just now, SKD said:

Not unsettled, Just not good enough. Valery, Stephens and vokins (at the moment) shouldn’t be anywhere near a PL team. 

Agree definitely about Valery. So loose and lackadaisical. But we’re down to the bare bones as someone once said. 

2 minutes ago, SKD said:

Stephens doing Stephens things once again. As a few of us pointed out, not a Premier league player no matter how many clean sheets he’s been involved in. Shite. 

If he plays next game I believe it will be his 100th PL appearance. He's no van Djik but I think he can safely call himself a Premier League player.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Cat said:

You do realise this style of playing out of the back is part of our success? It was the execution which was wrong, not the idea. 

You're right, playing out from the back is the right thing to do, Stephens just isn't good enough at that side of the game.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 1-3 Arsenal - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic