Lyanco

Saint Matty 76

3 minutes ago, Greenridge said:

It was an observation of the forum. Not my opinion of him as a player.

I stand corrected good sir.

Think its mainly because none of us have seen him play or there is that much info about him but i expect him to be better than vestagaard based on his skill set.

I can still remember when we replaced Virgil with vestergaard from Monchengladbach

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Killers Knee said:

He looks like he should be selling tickets for the Waltzer at a fun-fair!

I think we will be pleasantly surprised and is much needed back-up to Romeo as well as capable of playing in defence.  I wouldn't read too much into the sour grapes from Turin.

It that right - can he also play DM? If so, looks a okay buy given fee, particularly as no one got clear to being an adequate replacement for Romeu last season. Would have liked to see someone with a bit more a reputation at CB tho - we still seem weak there

Edited by Dangerspoon

I wouldn't wanna fight him by the look of it..... A unit who might be a bit of a nutter might be just What we need

I have an open mind on this transfer, particularly based on what I've seen this window with the other deals

This and based on what I saw at SMS on Sunday as well, I'm more confident about the season than I was a week ago

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Killers Knee said:

He looks like he should be selling tickets for the Waltzer at a fun-fair!

I think we will be pleasantly surprised and is much needed back-up to Romeo as well as capable of playing in defence.  I wouldn't read too much into the sour grapes from Turin.

think he is the bastard love child of ederson and sergio ramos

• Like 1

• Jimmy_D changed the title to Lyanco - Signs 4 Year Deal
  • Jimmy_D pinned this topic
43 minutes ago, sfc4prem said:

Praying for a Lovren rather than a Gardos...

I really didn’t see much wrong with Gardos, I was more than happy with him, Fonte, Yoshi and Toby as our CB options. Anyway, welcome Lyanco; as obscure as this signing may be, let’s hope someone, somewhere has been doing their homework.

• Like 2

The good point about the discussion in that podcast is that the journalist was commenting that he's now a dad and wishes to settle down a bit. Torino's a nice place with a bit more going on than Southampton (which TBF is not difficult) but he won't get the grief from fans he did there.

Shouldn't his nickname be The Wolf? Lyancothropy anyone?

11 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

I really didn’t see much wrong with Gardos, I was more than happy with him, Fonte, Yoshi and Toby as our CB options. Anyway, welcome Lyanco; as obscure as this signing may be, let’s hope someone, somewhere has been doing their homework.

Agreed, I always thought he looked alright when he played but it was obvious those at the club didn't rate him early on.

Just a little fact that Lycano was in team of the tournament for Toloun and rated the 2nd best player in the tournament.

Lyanco (Brazil) : A rock ! Alongside Murilo, Lyanco was outstanding : short passes, long passes, tackles, anticipation, the Torino defender has shown off his talent and has been named second best player of the Maurice Revello Tournament 2019.

Also sporting lisbon bid for him last year.

Edited by Convict Colony
  • Like 3

We have a Brazillian/Serbian! 6'2, hopefully with the skill worthy of the beautiful game and the grit and toughness of the Serbs. Played for the U23, U20 Brazilian national team, U18 Serbia NT so must have potential, might be great business if his talent lives up to pedigree. 

SAMBA SAINTS!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BERMUDASAINT said:

We have a Brazillian/Serbian! 6'2, hopefully with the skill worthy of the beautiful game and the grit and toughness of the Serbs. Played for the U23, U20 Brazilian national team, U18 Serbia NT so must have potential, might be great business if his talent lives up to pedigree. 

SAMBA SAINTS!

He has not so far.  Hopefully we will see that here

Open mind, not going to judge him until I've seen him myself. Whilst some of the reports are concerning, I'd like to base a judgement on what I see given that I'd never heard of him until a week ago. Certainly never seen him play.

I'm getting Osvaldo craziness vibes though.

Edited by S-Clarke

4 hours ago, charliemiller said:

Calls himself Gorrilla ......................................

In the Jungle the Mighty Jungle Lycano sleeps tonight 

Tag his own song

Change sleeps tonight to gates Pompey and it’s a winner

• Haha 1

Worth noting that VVD’s arrival from Celtic certainly wasn’t met with universal approval on here. Pity that there’s no search function. I’m not suggesting that Lyanco is another VVD - just thankful that this forum has nothing to do with Saints’ scouting.

Why all the fuss, disappointment and hostility? The Club's clear policy is to purchase young players of high potential which is more exciting for the fans and a better business model for the Club. Expensive stars have brought us near to ruin and produced next to nothing. Happy to back Lyanco and all the young hopefuls--a good season coming! 

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Dellman said:

Why all the fuss, disappointment and hostility? The Club's clear policy is to purchase young players of high potential which is more exciting for the fans and a better business model for the Club. Expensive stars have brought us near to ruin and produced next to nothing. Happy to back Lyanco and all the young hopefuls--a good season coming! 

totally agree with this

• Like 1