Lyanco

Saint Matty 76

1 hour ago, CB Fry said:

Yes it is slightly pushing it to claim that Mane was joining a club "able to get into Europe" - pretty much no one thought that back when he actually signed. Except maybe Koeman himself.

When he joined we were being tipped by many for relegation having sold 5 players and another in Jay Rodriguez out with a long term injury. It's not like he was joining a team that was flying and nailed on for Europe.

1 hour ago, bennyev said:

Of course I don’t think he’s choosing the players. But I think he’s the guy who bought a football without having enough cash and now forces the board to take the cheap alternative. 

We’re gonna be the one club in the league who makes a profit in the season where we’ve lost our 3 most senior players.  And the tv money is just spirited away too…

And if you can’t see we’re lacking a leader who talks the defence and our two shit keepers through games you’re as lost as them…

Perhaps the issue should be why the Premier League thought that he was a “fit and proper owner” of an EPL club? Anyway he is here and actively trying to sell the club. We can only hope that he finds a buyer who is better.

As for the money being spirited away? Do you have any evidence of that? It seems that every last penny of income is being used to keep the club going.

We are trying to compete in a league where the big clubs just keep getting bigger and the small clubs are running to stand still. You can blame Gao all you like but unless we find someone to throw the same kind of money around as City and Chelsea we are going to have to keep doing what we are doing and rely of unearthing gems for a few million quid a time.

• Like 5

Courtesy of Google Translate

Lyanco-Torino-Southampton Defender embarked today on the Milan-London route (picture of the shipment) to undergo medical exams and sign a four-year contract. Transfer negotiation forwarded for 7.5 million euros, as we reported last week on @Go

Translated for a local Torino rag….

The grenade leadership, these days, rains criticism, heavy and in rapid succession. The blows that exalt the crowd disappear; Sirigu and Nkoulou, for the overwhelming majority of the fans, were not replaced properly; we would limit ourselves, reasonably to widespread opinion, to collect the scraps of the other clubs, sometimes not even the big ones. However, when an operation, albeit outgoing, goes beyond the rosiest expectations, it should be emphasized.

It would in fact be absurd, or at least not very prudent, to contest the circumstances of the sale of Lyanco at the top of the Toro house. Assuming that what seems to be certain news turns out to be effective, the seven million euros that Southampton is ready to pay into the coffers of via Arcivescovado for the 24-year-old Serbo-Brazilian, bought by Toro in the summer of 2017, from San Paolo, for the same amount, they are a remarkable treasure, in times of proverbial lean cows like the present ones. Remarkable especially considering the almost always disappointing performance, alas, of the central defender born in 1997, except for some flashes here and there, seen above all during his stay on loan at Bologna, at the court of that Sinisa Mihajlovic who had wanted him in Turin four years ago, along the second half of 2018/19.

The chances to prove up to Lyanco were not lacking. Three-man defense, four-man defense, from central more like an old free, free (no pun intended) to set up and climb - ball and chain or not, - as a scorer with license to disengage and work in synergy with midfielders and external. Many, too many amnesia, and an efficacy on the offensive front too occasional to be able to act as a worthy counterpart. Seven million for the player seen over the last four years, objectively, is a very fat figure. And, if indeed the operation will be of this magnitude, the great management, at least in this case, will undoubtedly be worthy of praise.

I hope he proves them all wrong and in a season or two he is worth £25 million. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Scoobysaint said:

Translated for a local Torino rag….

The grenade leadership, these days, rains criticism, heavy and in rapid succession. The blows that exalt the crowd disappear; Sirigu and Nkoulou, for the overwhelming majority of the fans, were not replaced properly; we would limit ourselves, reasonably to widespread opinion, to collect the scraps of the other clubs, sometimes not even the big ones. However, when an operation, albeit outgoing, goes beyond the rosiest expectations, it should be emphasized.

It would in fact be absurd, or at least not very prudent, to contest the circumstances of the sale of Lyanco at the top of the Toro house. Assuming that what seems to be certain news turns out to be effective, the seven million euros that Southampton is ready to pay into the coffers of via Arcivescovado for the 24-year-old Serbo-Brazilian, bought by Toro in the summer of 2017, from San Paolo, for the same amount, they are a remarkable treasure, in times of proverbial lean cows like the present ones. Remarkable especially considering the almost always disappointing performance, alas, of the central defender born in 1997, except for some flashes here and there, seen above all during his stay on loan at Bologna, at the court of that Sinisa Mihajlovic who had wanted him in Turin four years ago, along the second half of 2018/19.

The chances to prove up to Lyanco were not lacking. Three-man defense, four-man defense, from central more like an old free, free (no pun intended) to set up and climb - ball and chain or not, - as a scorer with license to disengage and work in synergy with midfielders and external. Many, too many amnesia, and an efficacy on the offensive front too occasional to be able to act as a worthy counterpart. Seven million for the player seen over the last four years, objectively, is a very fat figure. And, if indeed the operation will be of this magnitude, the great management, at least in this case, will undoubtedly be worthy of praise.

I hope he proves them all wrong and in a season or two he is worth £25 million. 

We all hope for that, however...........that aint a great review !

17 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

Remember when we signed Ryan Bertrand.

Remember when we signed Romeu

One mans trash is anothers gold.

Those two weren't good enough or struggled to shine for a CL level club. Often you can get underrated players out of big sides like Lingard, Ings, Bertrand as they haven't had a chance to prove themselves past vast talent playing ahead of them and often play off scraps minutes wise and can't get up to steam. Not being able to break into and make a name for yourself amongst a struggling torino team is a great deal more worrying.

Edited by TWar
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TWar said:

Those two weren't good enough or struggled to shine for a CL level club. Often you can get underrated players out of big sides like Lingard, Ings, Bertrand as they haven't had a chance to prove themselves past vast talent playing ahead of them and often play off scraps minutes wise and can't get up to steam. Not being able to break into and make a name for yourself amongst a struggling torino team is a great deal more worrying.

You seem to be very worried by this player. Is that based solely on a statistical viewpoint or have you seen him play?

Not totally discounting the stats but there are many factors that can dictate these numbers and the relevance is not always important. 

4 minutes ago, MarkSFC said:

You seem to be very worried by this player. Is that based solely on a statistical viewpoint or have you seen him play?

Not totally discounting the stats but there are many factors that can dictate these numbers and the relevance is not always important. 

Nah I haven't seen him in a full game (to my knowledge, I might have caught one in the past as I do watch italian football).

I have seen highlights of a few games since he was linked and, as you say, both individual and team stats. To be honest though, I'm mainly worried based off of these reports. Generally speaking you can gain a reasonable gauge of player quality from the reaction of their fans, opposition fans, and the press to their sale and I have gone out of my way to take in as much of that as possible and I would describe it as 95% "he's shit" and 5% "he has been shit but he might improve, he seemed ok at one point". I tend to find it is generally the best way to judge a player to gain fan consensus and league consensus even if you have seen them play a couple of times. That's why I'm not super hopeful.

Edited by TWar

8 minutes ago, TWar said:

Nah I haven't seen him in a full game (to my knowledge, I might have caught one in the past as I do watch italian football).

I have seen highlights of a few games since he was linked and, as you say, both individual and team stats. To be honest though, I'm mainly worried based off of these reports. Generally speaking you can gain a reasonable gauge of player quality from the reaction of their fans, opposition fans, and the press to their sale and I have gone out of my way to take in as much of that as possible and I would describe it as 95% "he's shit" and 5% "he has been shit but he might improve, he seemed ok at one point". I tend to find it is generally the best way to judge a player to gain fan consensus and league consensus even if you have seen them play a couple of times. That's why I'm not super hopeful.

Thats a fair method of judgement. We just have to hope Ralph and the team have seen something they can mature quickly into a decent player.🤞🤞🤞

We have had the best looking summer transfer for a very long time. So far all newbies look good or promising. This I hope follows suit but if not 1 poor purchase out of all we have done ain't that bad.

I  shall say welcome and watch how he does. As said above one man's poison is another's gold,  can  like schniederlin who was exceptional for us but failed ever since leaving.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matthew Le God said:

Bednarek 6 foot 2

Salisu 6 foot 3

Lyanco 6 foot 2

A for Arial. The curious history of a font from the… | by Neel Dozome |  Medium

Ok they are taller than I thought defenders but I wouldn't say any of them are good at attacking the ball from corners like vestergard would you? 

Edited by Mr X

2 hours ago, TWar said:

I think a lot of the Torino fans were slightly aggrieved when he played against them while on loan and celebrated when Torino got beaten. Tricky to come back from that. 

2 hours ago, TWar said:

if you listen to the torino journo that was interviewed by the total saints podcast he says the fans hatred of him was from when he celebrated a goal he scored against them whilst on loan at bologna, they never got over that

3 minutes ago, Scoobysaint said:

I think a lot of the Torino fans were slightly aggrieved when he played against them while on loan and celebrated when Torino got beaten. Tricky to come back from that. 

1 minute ago, Maya's Dad said:

if you listen to the torino journo that was interviewed by the total saints podcast he says the fans hatred of him was from when he celebrated a goal he scored against them whilst on loan at bologna, they never got over that

Yeah I initially suspected bitter fans but rival fans aren't really very positive either.

3 hours ago, Toadhall Saint said:

Otherwise it’s Hoedt mk2 for 4 years

Well if so, it is at least £9m less costly.

Hoedt £15m

Lyanco £6m

--- Feels more like a Florin Gardos signing - unknown, late in the window, signed for about £6m

Edited by SaintTex
  • Like 1