Andorra v England

alehouseboys

Best chance for Prowsey to get some game time...if it goes ahead.

Fire inside the stadium

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12429189/andorra-vs-england-fire-breaks-out-at-national-stadium-day-before-european-qualifier

Wonder if it's a wonky hairdryer or iron in the official's dressing room that caused it :classic_tongue:

Edited by alehouseboys
added vid

1 hour ago, saintquin said:

It shouldn't matter what sex the officials are.

I can’t deny, I like to see the men’s and women’s game kept separate - another thing I particularly can’t get with is women commentating on the men’s game.

I’m happy to see the women’s game improving, had my daughter or granddaughter wanted to be footballers I’d support them fully, but...

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, alehouseboys said:

1) I can’t deny, I like to see the men’s and women’s game kept separate - another thing I particularly can’t get with is women commentating on the men’s game.

2) I’m happy to see the women’s game improving, had my daughter or granddaughter wanted to be footballers I’d support them fully, but...

1) Why does the sex of the match officials or commentator matter to you? They should be judged on their ability to perform their job, not their gender.

2) 'But' what?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, John Boy Saint said:

I have to say I like this Female ref - she is not taking any shit - need a few in the Prem if they are going to stamp out the gamesmanship that gets on many of our tits.

so much so, she just bottled giving someone a 2nd yellow

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, SNSUN said:

Broja has scored for Albania... again.

What a goal too

Ralph has got to give this lad a run of games. We need a goalscorer and he fits the bill. Stop prevaricating Ralph and saying he needs to show more and stick him in the side.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Charlie Wayman said:

JWP was OK but too many safe and sideways passes and as a result England lacked penetration.

Better in second half presumably after a bollocking at HT. Not sure he showed enough, safe pair of hands but uninspitrational.

England were completely dominant and won 5-0. Not every pass needs to be forward. Recycling the ball helps stretch and open up deep lying opponents. You have an odd expectation of what Ward-Prowse's role was tonight.

• Like 6

JWP had a very good match. Kept the ball moving, with some excellent long balls out to the wings. Never giving the ball away once. Mopped up when others lost possession. Not his best pen, which was well saved, and a great follow up - with his weaker foot. Second England goal from open play.

Thought the match officials did well. Much better than the usual dross we see in the prem. Yes, should probably have given a second yellow for the elbow but we had the advantage of replays from different angles to come to such a conclusion. Would definitely much rather see this ref in charge of a Saints match than Mike Dean (ditto for the VAR operator). 

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, SNSUN said:

Broja has scored for Albania... again.

What a goal too

Not just a great goal in a nothing game either. Albania won 1-0 and are second in a tight chase for second place.

Great goal in a massive game.

2 hours ago, Charlie Wayman said:

JWP was OK but too many safe and sideways passes and as a result England lacked penetration.

Better in second half presumably after a bollocking at HT. Not sure he showed enough, safe pair of hands but uninspitrational.

What a complete load of tosh!!

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Teddeer said:

Ralph has got to give this lad a run of games. We need a goalscorer and he fits the bill. Stop prevaricating Ralph and saying he needs to show more and stick him in the side.

He scored his goal today after coming on as a 66th minute sub. He scored the winner against Hungary previously after coming on as a 78th minute sub. His best league performance for us was after coming on as a 74th minute sub against West Ham. When started against Sheffield Utd he did diddly squat. Maybe he is best used as an impact sub against teams higher than League 2 standard?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

An open play goal for England from Ward-Prowse! 😉

CAPTAIN. LEADER. LEGEND. 

Think that makes it 10 full England caps and 2 goals for JWP, proper international player. 

9 hours ago, Minsk said:

He scored his goal today after coming on as a 66th minute sub. He scored the winner against Hungary previously after coming on as a 78th minute sub. His best league performance for us was after coming on as a 74th minute sub against West Ham. When started against Sheffield Utd he did diddly squat. Maybe he is best used as an impact sub against teams higher than League 2 standard?

Could any of our other strikers have scored the goal he got yesterday? Just because he did little in a game he started against Sheffield Utd you claim he is possibly best used as an impact sub. Our other strikers also do diddly squat when starting because the service is poor or non-existent. Out of all of them only Broja looks capable of getting a goal out of nothing so for that reason alone he should start.

8 hours ago, Toussaint said:

He would if he showed some interest.

You mean like the interest he showed when coming off the bench against West Ham and hitting the post and having a header cleared off the line? As compared to the interest of our other strikers who rarely look like scoring or giving opposition defenders much to worry about. It is clear this lad has something about him and he needs games. He won't score goals warming the bench and watching the rest toil away.

10 hours ago, Noodles34 said:

Always thought Prowse would be much better in a decent side 

Not to take too much away from him, because he did have a good game, but we really do need to take The quality (or lack of) of the opposition into account before we get too carried away.

JWP was playing a deep lying role against a team with 10 players camped in their own half at all times. Hardly a big test for him.

I think he needs to introduce some variety into his penalty taking. Always the same spot, and he was lucky the rebound fell to him this time.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, alehouseboys said:

I I’m happy to see the women’s game improving, had my daughter or granddaughter wanted to be footballers I’d support them fully, but...

.. "some of my best friends are Jewish".. You may or may not get the cultural reference..

15 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Not to take too much away from him, because he did have a good game, but we really do need to take The quality (or lack of) of the opposition into account before we get too carried away.

JWP was playing a deep lying role against a team with 10 players camped in their own half at all times. Hardly a big test for him.

I think he needs to introduce some variety into his penalty taking. Always the same spot, and he was lucky the rebound fell to him this time.

Agree about his penalties. He must mix it up or he'll run the risk of seeing more saved in the future.

10 hours ago, Minsk said:

JWP had a very good match. Kept the ball moving, with some excellent long balls out to the wings. Never giving the ball away once. Mopped up when others lost possession. Not his best pen, which was well saved, and a great follow up - with his weaker foot. Second England goal from open play.

What a complete load of tosh!

Edited by Charlie Wayman
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

'But' what?

12 minutes ago, suewhistle said:

.. "some of my best friends are Jewish".. You may or may not get the cultural reference..

but...(didn't think I needed to repeat myself)....I like to see the men’s and women’s game kept separate

Simply this.

Some people just try too hard to be offended.

9 hours ago, Minsk said:

I see; so your assessment of the International round up is our JWP is a super player but our Broja is an impact sub at League 2 level.  Hmmm.