Where do players choose to live?

Viking Saint

Not that I have any stalking tendencies, but happened to meet Mark Wright a while ago and got chatting to him (really nice fella) and he mentioned living in Chandlers Ford when he was with us. Got me wondering where the players live, near Staplewood? Ocean Village? And where would a loanee like Broja stay during his loan period? IIRC Nigel Adkins bought a place in Winchester?

8 minutes ago, beatlesaint said:

Chandlers Ford was the popular place for players back in the 80’s

Indeed it was. Ivan Golac lived in my close and I used to chat to him a lot. His daughters were at school with mine. She sat next to Alan Ball's son Jimmy at junior school. 

Tim Flowers lived in Otterbourne as did Kevin Moore.

2 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Indeed it was. Ivan Golac lived in my close and I used to chat to him a lot. His daughters were at school with mine. She sat next to Alan Ball's son Jimmy at junior school. 

And Frank Worthington - as seen in the pub The Otter. 

• Like 1

Lyanco lives in Ocean Village

I think Steven Davis lived in Winchester

I'd like to think majority will be in either the New Forest somewhere, Ocean Village or Winchester/Eastleigh way.

You won't find them around Millbrook/Shirley I don't think!

2 minutes ago, waylander said:

Ken Monkou apparently lived on the same estate in Lightwater as I did. Never saw him though.

He lived somewhere in town for a while at least. He used to hang out in Videotheque on Bedford Place. I remember seeing him walk up Wilton Avenue a few times after games.

2 hours ago, nta786 said:

Lyanco lives in Ocean Village

I think Steven Davis lived in Winchester

I'd like to think majority will be in either the New Forest somewhere, Ocean Village or Winchester/Eastleigh way.

You won't find them around Millbrook/Shirley I don't think!

Ah-ha @Viking Saint mentioned Mark Wright in his OP - in his early days, Mark Wright lodged right across the road from my Granny and Grandad in Dale Valley Road, Shirley. He had a Ford Capri only sticks in my head because I walked out of their house one day just as he came out, Granny pipes up  “hello Mark this is my Saints mad grandson I told you about” - I was like Wow! Mark Wright lives over the road and she’s on first name terms with him.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Lyanco has been in the Harbour Hotel in Ocean Village.

Cedric and Fraser Forster did/do reside in the tower in Ocean Village.

I thought Rickie Lambert used to live Romsey/Broadlands area.

JWP living in a PO postcode is news to me, I thought he lived New Forest way.

Edited by benjii
No one's business.

7 hours ago, waylander said:

Ken Monkou apparently lived on the same estate in Lightwater as I did. Never saw him though.

I did numerous times! The house he had was older than the new builds and backed on to the winding road between Lightwater and Camberley. You can see it from the road. Smashing bloke and always happy to chat!

Tessem, Lundekvam and Dodd were all in Chandlers Ford at points in the early 2000's.

The club have a couple of flats in Ocean Village and now also apartments at the Harbour Hotel for players when they initially are settling in. Djenepo was there for a while (might still be) and Lyanco is. Tadic also was there initially when he joined us. 

Hasenhuttl used to be there too, but I think I read somewhere he's out in the Forest now.

2 minutes ago, Fabrice Fernandes no.1 fan said:

Tessem, Lundekvam and Dodd were all in Chandlers Ford at points in the early 2000's.

The club have a couple of flats in Ocean Village and now also apartments at the Harbour Hotel for players when they initially are settling in. Djenepo was there for a while (might still be) and Lyanco is. Tadic also was there initially when he joined us. 

Hasenhuttl used to be there too, but I think I read somewhere he's out in the Forest now.

Harbor hotel explains the cars I see parked outside it.

Someone in there has a black Lambo.

Lyanco?

12 hours ago, beatlesaint said:

Chandlers Ford was the popular place for players back in the 80’s

Indeed it was but as resident of CF at the time it was puzzling to understand why they would want to live there. Thornden School used to be the best comprehensive in Hampshire so that may have been one attraction. Bally's daughter was in the same class as my younger son.

Of course players salaries were much lower then than now and the days of gold plated palaces hidden from view were still to come. Alan Ball's property and Mark Wright's IIRC were modest even by the standards then.

Edited by Charlie Wayman

12 hours ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Lyanco has been in the Harbour Hotel in Ocean Village.

Cedric and Fraser Forster did/do reside in the tower in Ocean Village.

I thought Rickie Lambert used to live Romsey/Broadlands area.

JWP living in a PO postcode is news to me, I thought he lived New Forest way.

So did Maya Yoshida and his family often dined in the restaurant below. Saw them in there several times.

13 hours ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Tim Flowers lived in the same road as my (late) dad in Otterbourne. I never met him though!!

52 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

Steve Williams lived a few doors up from me in Boyatt Wood and drove a TR7.

Malcom Waldron lived in Hedge End.

Beattie had a big house in Chilworth.

Franny was in Chilworth and is now in Highfield.

I thought it was an Fiat X19 he had?

Quality thread! Nice and creepy! My two penneth:

• Jason Dodd, I believe, used to live in Grange Park in Hedge. 4-5 bed detached, pretty modest. Would have been late 90s.
  • Jordy Clasie lived in Compton, just next to Shawford (a lot of them live round there now, I think). One of my customers live a few doors up.
  • J-Rod lived in Wellow at one point. Fella in my F.I.L's old delivery firm delivered a table to him.
  • When I was a kid we looked at a house being sold by Le God himself. 3-4 bed detached in Bishopstoke, just off Alan Drayton Way. It was empty at the time when my parents viewed it - estate agent might have been lying, of course! Would have been early-mid 90s.
  • Danny Ings lived in the white house on the roundabout connecting Botley, Durley, Hedge End and Horton Heath. Think he moved out before he left the club, though.
  • JWP was Romsey/Wellow area some years ago, but I believe is now in the Compton/Shawford area like most. Pretty sure VVD was in there, too. There's a road that has its own motorway bridge just over the M3, leads to a private estate. It's got footballer-life written all over it!
  • Stuart Ripley was in the Eastleigh/Chandlers Ford area, way back when. I served him in Halfords once. Exciting shit.

That's all I got.

• Like 2