Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

There's no use in a player who wouldn't spend any time playing, regardless of some Fergie quotes from 10 years ago or not.

I'd much prefer either of the Burnley CBs on a free if we're looking for an experienced player in that route. Tarkowski may be less achievable but Ben Mee perhaps not so much.

1 hour ago, Smirking_Saint said:

You realise we have Jack Stephens on the books right ?

At least Stephens has the advantage of being able to ping a half decent pass out from the pack. That's about it though. The pair of them are completely inept.

But you also have to consider that Stephens is an up and coming young talent and still one for the future 😉

• Haha 1

Jack Stephens > Jan Bednarek

JS, actually a fighter, passionate, will get stuck in. Problem is doesn’t play regularly which is where his best form comes out.

JB has been poor for ages, constant errors, he might be tall but he’s weak physically and mentally. Constantly flails his arms in the air, majority of the time is when it’s actually his error.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Chez said:

not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

Criteria #1 for me, in any position, is being fit enough to actually get onto the pitch nine games out of ten. For that reason I’ll pass on Bale, AOC, Jones and any other, "hey wouldn’t it be great if he came here and stayed fit!" Player.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Smirking_Saint said:

You realise we have Jack Stephens on the books right ?

Does anyone know for certain whether Jack is still on the books (or will be come the end of the month)? No sign of a renewed contract (unlike McCarthy who it was rumoured signed one last Summer and so it proved). His absence from squads late in the season suggested perhaps that he was being let go, but then he suddenly appeared again out of the blue. Thought the Retained List would have been published by now.

6 minutes ago, VectisSaint said:

Does anyone know for certain whether Jack is still on the books (or will be come the end of the month)? No sign of a renewed contract (unlike McCarthy who it was rumoured signed one last Summer and so it proved). His absence from squads late in the season suggested perhaps that he was being let go, but then he suddenly appeared again out of the blue. Thought the Retained List would have been published by now.

I reckon in the right team, Jack could be a revelation, with his leadership mentality, experience and attitude. Maybe Leeds.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Jack Stephens > Jan Bednarek

JS, actually a fighter, passionate, will get stuck in. Problem is doesn’t play regularly which is where his best form comes out.

JB has been poor for ages, constant errors, he might be tall but he’s weak physically and mentally. Constantly flails his arms in the air, majority of the time is when it’s actually his error.

I agree with the second part. Not the first. He's had PLENTY of runs in the team and been utter garbage. He usually does quite well when he comes back for the first game or two and then reverts to type.

Caoimhin Kelleher unsure on Liverpool future. He'll never oust Allison who is only 30, played well when he did play last season, and Klopp has previously rated him as the best number two in the country (or World, i forget which). HCDAJFU for the right price?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

I agree with the second part. Not the first. He's had PLENTY of runs in the team and been utter garbage. He usually does quite well when he comes back for the first game or two and then reverts to type.

He really doesn’t deserve that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SNSUN said:

Caoimhin Kelleher unsure on Liverpool future. He'll never oust Allison who is only 30, played well when he did play last season, and Klopp has previously rated him as the best number two in the country (or World, i forget which). HCDAJFU for the right price?

of course Klopp rated him as the 2nd best in the country.  I am just surprised he is not rated as the 2nd best EVER in the history of the world.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

of course Klopp rated him as the 2nd best in the country.  I am just surprised he is not rated as the 2nd best EVER in the history of the world.

🙂 it goes along with them being the best club in the world with the best fans in the world and the best manager in the world right? and fits their new club motto "we are liverpool this means more"

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Golac's Cunning Stunts said:

🙂 it goes along with them being the best club in the world with the best fans in the world and the best manager in the world right? and fits their new club motto "we are liverpool this means more"

I can't imagine being them.

28 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

This is still feeling saintsy

Very much so. For all the talk of Bale, Jones and Chris Bart-Williams this is exactly the type of signing we look to make.

Could probably replace Long and Walcott with one player given how little they featured.

3 minutes ago, Ivan Katalinic's 'tache said:

By "Saintsy", do you mean targeting a young player with potential to improve and be sold on for a tidy profit or targeting a player that ultimately we lose out to a Premier League rival? Both approaches are equally "Saintsy", I guess. 😃

My definition of "Saintsy" within this context was your former.

Cheaper, young, kind of off the radar. (I don't mean any of that to be negative, BTW).

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

No, we’re being run like a shoddy B&B.

FFS. Meet the new owners same as the old owners. Thought we were meant to be able to move quicker in the transfer market these days. 

No holds barred. Some sort of sick joke 🤦

Edited by Turkish
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Golac's Cunning Stunts said:

He must fit  right in at a club with the greatest ever CB (VvD), and a player so magical he can see things others don’t, and probably better than Beckham, Cafu and Zidane all-in-one (TAA)

Edited by AlexLaw76
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Regularly see this kind of comment regarding players, not just ours. To say he's utter garbage is just silly. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, HarvSFC said:

Phil Jones has played six league games since 2019. 14 in all competitions. Why would we want him?

Because he’s better than any of our other CBs?

• Like 1