A Saints fan in Number Ten - Rishi Sunak and the red and white revolution

CB Fry

14 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

The Tory members have now had a leader imposed on them that they rejected 7 weeks ago.

I expect the angry letters to be flying in to the Mail, Express, and Telegraph.

He came second with 43% of the vote and I would imagine there was a fair number who voted for Truss who wouldn't have particularly minded if Sunak had won, ergo, not sure if "rejected" is necessarily the best verb to describe what the Tory membership did 7 weeks ago...

# dodgy analogy klaxon #

I voted for Lynaco in the MotM poll yesterday but was happy enough with Sky giving it to Moi...

:)

Edited by trousers

19 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

The Tory members have now had a leader imposed on them that they rejected 7 weeks ago.

I expect the angry letters to be flying in to the Mail, Express, and Telegraph.

Some bloke on LBC earlier was frothing at the mouth about it. When asked if he really felt that the parties view should carry more clout than the  parliamentary party representing the party and the electorate, of course he said yes. 

2 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

Another one pretending to come from nothing. Does anyone remember him from thier school days, anyone?

Saintsweb is mainly working class lads and he’s on record saying he didn’t have working class friends

8 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

Another one pretending to come from nothing. Does anyone remember him from thier school days, anyone?

I understand He used to hang around Derby Road and was a part of the jungle posse yoof back in the day. Him and a few of his older boyz taxed my mates troop trainers so we went down there and ironed a few of them out, we ripped the sleeves off his Joe bloggs jumper. We knew rishi because he was a few years younger than us and used to ride up to us on his BMX give the wanker sign and ride off. Proper gobby litte shit. Once he got cornered by a few of the the lads and literally pissed himself crying not hurt him, he do anything so we got him write “cunt” on the side door of an old ladies fiesta in black marker pen. Proper little wrong’un so no wonder he’s PM. 

Edited by Turkish
  • Haha 3

42 minutes ago, trousers said:

He came second with 43% of the vote and I would imagine there was a fair number who voted for Truss who wouldn't have particularly minded if Sunak had won, ergo, not sure if "rejected" is necessarily the best verb to describe what the Tory membership did 7 weeks ago...

# dodgy analogy klaxon #

I voted for Lynaco in the MotM poll yesterday but was happy enough with Sky giving it to Moi...

:)

He came second in a 2 way race, having won convincingly with the MPs. Would he have still been second in a 3-way or 4-way run off ? Personally I doubt it.

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

Probably drove there in his Porsche playing Pulps common people on loop

“Since he was two months” old but yeah, you’re probably right.

My missus used to deal with the Sunak in their pharmacy when she worked in Primary Care. She says they were always “very ambitious”.

1 hour ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Hmmmm

spacer.png

I think we may already have this sorted, just need somewhere to put it.....

spacer.png

Who knew, all those years ago that this would come in handy?

Looking at that photo now it really looks like one of those "I am not a robot" website security things.

Please put a tick in all the boxes that don't contain a shit statue

• Haha 3

Charlotte Edwardes (Times) highlighting the rise of openly racist comments attached to Spectator articles since the first leadership contest in the summer. Mail and DT already notorious for it apparently. Seems of the entryists can’t help themselves as UKIP absorbed. Yet another reason why party members voting for leaders and PMs is a bad idea because this is what you attract in - new blood and funding but infected with ugly nationalism. 

Of course for balance, under Corbyn and Momentum (lack of) Labour had equally terrible problems with anti-semitism which was revolting and a direct result of Ed Miliband’s rule changes, in turn with the unions having shafted his more capable brother in 2010 to get him in post. 

Expecting more of the same sadly when economic realities kick in later this autumn.

33 minutes ago, spyinthesky said:

Oxford Street, dear boy.
Hope he didnt get involved in preparing Kuti's books.

I was just quoting the Echo. That area is a bit seedy for me. There again, the same goes for most of Southampton  ;)

Does an accountant for a restaurant cook the books or does he book the cooks?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Fan The Flames said:

There is nothing wrong with being an immigrant, my beautiful mum was one.

Exactly. The word immigrant means someone who leaves one country to go and live in another. It takes a special kind of ignorance to try and turn the use of that word into a racist slur, but then we do have some posters with a special kind of ignorance. 

Edited by sadoldgit
Spelling
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Exactly. The word immigrant means someone who leaves one country to go and live in another. It takes a special kind of ignorance to try and turn the use of that word into a racist slur, but they we do have some posters with a special kind of ignorance. 

So why did you call Priti Patel an immigrant when she was born in London and lives in England.  She does not fit the meaning of the word immigrant.

It takes a special kind of ignorance to throw around such accusations without knowing the truth.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CB Fry said:

Looking at that photo now it really looks like one of those "I am not a robot" website security things.

Please put a tick in all the boxes that don't contain a shit statue

The Captcha should be select any square that has a crease in it or something else easy to get wrong despite not being a robot 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Exactly. The word immigrant means someone who leaves one country to go and live in another. It takes a special kind of ignorance to try and turn the use of that word into a racist slur, but they we do have some posters with a special kind of ignorance. 

Give it a rest SOG FFS

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, whelk said:

The Captcha should be select any square that has a crease in it or something else easy to get wrong despite not being a robot 

"Please select all squares which show mediocrity."

I fail these tests with alarming regularity, I'm starting to question my own self awareness, it feels like the opening set up of a sci-fi thriller.

13 hours ago, egg said:

Some bloke on LBC earlier was frothing at the mouth about it. When asked if he really felt that the parties view should carry more clout than the  parliamentary party representing the party and the electorate, of course he said yes. 

The members have taken a lot of flak lately, but it’s not a one way street. Tory Mp’s are notorious for voting tactically and not voting for the best candidate. They vote for the best placed candidate to beat their hated candidate, they vote for career enhancement and for the favourite to stay in their good books. It’s gone on for years. The great lady had a cabinet full of “big beasts” but little Johnie major won  because he wasn’t Hestletine or another suitable candidate, he was the least disliked candidate. Same with  William Hague he won because he wasn’t Ken Clarke, IDS because he wasn’t Portillo.

Their system was put in place to ensure a Jeremy Corbyn situation didn’t arise, where a fringe candidate wins via the members. But this  only works if the MP’s send two people capable of doing the job to the members. They sent liz Truss because they wanted to stop Sunak. They knew her better than anyone, knew her limitations, yet gave her to the members. Yet now these people who play stupid political games, are the “grown ups” and the members are the ones not trusted to cast their vote. “You don’t like the result, change the electorate “ is hardly democratic values. Until the Leader of the party ceases to be PM (maybe they have a leader of party & a Westminster leader like the SNP do) the members should get a vote. They are the ones delivering leaflets, working for free to get the MPs elected. More light should be shone on the shenanigans and promises made during the Westminster rounds than blaming the members. No wonder hardly anyone is a member of a political party, both big parties treat them like mugs.  

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

1 hour ago, sadoldgit said:

she didn't leave one country to live in another, she was born in London and lives in England. Why would you think she was an immigrant?

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 1

Genuine question, has anyone ever actually seen Sunak at St Mary's?

I've seen three local MPs at games over the years.

I'm sure he won't turn into one of those Cameron sorts who can't remember his football script written to appeal to several demographics, but is he really a fan, or just a bloke who comes from the city?

19 minutes ago, rallyboy said:

Genuine question, has anyone ever actually seen Sunak at St Mary's?

I've seen three local MPs at games over the years.

I'm sure he won't turn into one of those Cameron sorts who can't remember his football script written to appeal to several demographics, but is he really a fan, or just a bloke who comes from the city?

I have no love for the Tories and none for him .. but I have met him a couple of times and can confirm that he knows his Saints stuff. The night before we met he apparently had had dinner in a pub at the next table to  Kevin Keegan (in North Yorkshire).  He  talked about it with the same relish as most Saints / football fans would. 

The second time we met was the day after Vestergaard had left and we spent a couple of minutes talking about his departure and its effect on the team. He knows his stuff .... but I have never seen him at St Mary's. 

• Like 2

Hunt stays, Raab and Gove coming back although it looks like Braverman is set to be back as Home Secretary, only days after resigning over sending out confidential info over her private email. So not the pinko soft wet One Nation tories back in charge after all.

Which is not a huge surprise.

Edited by CB Fry
  • Like 2

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-63375473

Isn't the BBC supposed to have standards and pride itself on accuracy?

No women in Sunak's cabinet yet

Political commentators are noting the lack of women in Rishi Sunak's cabinet so far.

We've seen Suella Braverman, who's rumoured to be making a comeback as home secretary, former Deputy PM Therese Coffey and Gillian Keegan enter No 10 but none of their new roles has been made public yet.

The current trade secretary, Kemi Bandeonch, has also just gone in - as has Culture Secretary Michelle Donelan.

Stay with us for more cabinet announcements.

Who :mcinnes:

On 23/10/2022 at 22:01, whelk said:

I would definitely choose Mordaunt over Sunak if the question was who would you most like to shag?

Looks like Rishi has fucked Penny anyway: no promotion so she stays in the same job she started with.

• Like 1