Liverpool 3-1 Saints - Match Thread

Dman

New manager bounce. Last game before World Cup. Rocket up the arse.

we need to be really agressive and committed, see how much they fancy it with the World Cup the following week, especially as not many (if any) of ours will be going. 

343 for me. 

either keeper, both are shit. 

ABK DCC Salisu 

AMN lavia JWP perraud

Aribo Adams Adozie

• Like 5

I'm going to this but my tickets are severely restricted in row 34, anyone have a clue what that'll look like? Regardless, can't wait for this new era and it's a free hit in Liverpool away.

Just as an aside, I will vent my frustrations again that we only took an allocation of 1,829 for this when I know we could have definitely sold 3,000.

I wonder if he will try to implement a 442 diamond straight away, or if he plays it cautious and sticks with a 4222? 

I'd personally play anyone who won't be going to the world cup, so drop Salisu as I think he will be playing for Ghana

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

40 minutes ago, trousers said:

The 'Ralph Out' cult promised us a new manager bounce ( ;) ) so looking forward to this one. 2-1 to Saints :)

That's a massive sweeping generalisation, I am glad to see the eback of Ralph, I don't think anyone is expecting a bounce, just arresting the decline is sufficient, and grinding out enough points to keep us up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nta786 said:

I'm going to this but my tickets are severely restricted in row 34, anyone have a clue what that'll look like? Regardless, can't wait for this new era and it's a free hit in Liverpool away.

At the back the roof obscures the view of anything in the air, there are a few seats up there which are pretty bad but people generally shuffle across or squeeze in somewhere else so they can see better.

• Like 1

Most of their team will hopefully be in protection mode for the World Cup, whereas most of ours won’t be. Equally they’re still playing pretty poorly. I reckon we’ll go with a 5 at the back, pack the midfield and try to score on the break, and try and make it as difficult as possible for them.

• Like 2

Look forward to this one being over. Think I'd go back to a 3 at the back for this. Keep it respectful and move on. I'd love to see us playing at a high intensity and get in amongst them, they wont want to pick up injuries just before the WC.

---------------Bazunu;

--------ABK ----DCC------Sali------

Elyounoussi---- Lavia ------ Perraud 

------------JWP-----AMN-----------

----------------Aribo---------------

---------------Adams--------------

Edited by Saint Garrett
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Saint Garrett said:

Good opportunity for someone to boot Henderson and rule him out the world cup - calling Lyanco...

And Trent. If we knocked their golden boy out of the world cup just when he had got in by default they would hate us forever I reckon. 

Not sure how much input Jones will have in terms of team selection and tactics this soon into his tenure. Think he'll be taking advice from Selles for this one but hopefully will still have some influence in lifting the players and the performance. Something of a free hit anyway as not many expect much from Anfield even if Liverpool are on the wane by their own high standards. A draw would be a great result.

What can we expect at Anfield with our morale at rock bottom after the confusion of the dismissal of one manager and the recruitment of a whole new coaching set up. If we keep them below 5 it will be seen as a good day's work.

For me 6-1 to the Scousers will be an untimely reminder to Jones and the Board that this is the PL and the gulf in class is huge.

Liverpool's data analytics team didn't cover Luton. So we'll have the element of surprise. Mr Jones tells the squad he couldn't give a stuff about automatisms, releasing all that talent that had been there all along.

Lyanco starts and, along with AA and Che actively target world cup players. The fear of injury allows us to sneak a 2-1 victory, with Stu being vital. Klippety gets sent off for being a tool after moaning that his players falling over should always be a free kick.

Controversy at the end when a tear is seen in Mr Jones' eye. Is it a Ralph tear of joy, or just one of laughter at the antics of Klippety?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, nta786 said:

Just as an aside, I will vent my frustrations again that we only took an allocation of 1,829 for this when I know we could have definitely sold 3,000.

I wonder if he will try to implement a 442 diamond straight away, or if he plays it cautious and sticks with a 4222? 

I'd personally play anyone who won't be going to the world cup, so drop Salisu as I think he will be playing for Ghana

It's like watching the game through a letterbox. If you're tall you probably won't be able to see the whole goal at the opposite end or anything above head height of the players.

Scandalous really that Liverpool rip people off by selling them at the price they do.

He likes the 3412 formation, sadly AMN is our only RB, good news no space for wingers so no Elyonoussi although i feel for Edozie since he was our bright spark against Wednesday. What ever the result i wont judge him after only a few days of training.

----------------Bazunu

---------ABK -----DCC------Sali------

AMN----------JWP---- Lavia --------- Perraud 

-----------Stu Armstrong/Edozie?-----------

----------------Aribo--Adams-------------

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ecurnew02 said:

Ballard, Morgan and Payne all in first team training this week, think there might’ve been another youngster as well 

We play Liverpool Saturday and think B team play Everton away Sunday midday , in theory all could travel and be available 

4 hours ago, Charlie Wayman said:

What can we expect at Anfield with my morale at rock bottom after the confusion of the dismissal of one manager and the recruitment of a whole new coaching set up. If we keep them below 5 it will be seen as a good day's work.

For me 6-1 to the Scousers will be an untimely reminder to Jones and the Board that this is the PL and the gulf in class is huge.

Fixed, you miserable bastard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Lighthouse changed the title to Liverpool 3-1 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic