Nathan Jones

AlexLaw76

11 hours ago, Saint Keef said:

With all due respect, can he actually be trusted to walk through an open door? Oh no, my nervous twitch has suddenly come back. Think about something else......

He can walk through on the front foot and in an aggresive manner......nobody in Europe can do it like him.....

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, skintsaint said:

Charlton getting statistically one of Europes finest managers...apparently. Good on 'em.

At least the benefit of that is that I won’t have to listen to the prick being a pundit. 

Edited by Pwoite
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

I hope he does well there. Felt sorry for him in the end. Just a poor fit for all at SFC

Mainly due to him being a bit of a prick. 

If it’s god’s will, he’ll do alright at Charlton. Hopefully with some divine intervention they’ll help derail Pompey’s season

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

The fact that after us, he can only get a job at a bottom half L1 side kind of goes to show how bad of an appointment it was. 

I can kind of understand and see the logic of why we appointed him, but it was destined to fail from the very start. 

That being said, Selles was significantly worse. Out of the 3 managers we had last season, 1 is currently unemployed (in fairness, he'll pick up another decent enough job - Palace would be a good fit for him) the other 2 are in the bottom 7 clubs in L1 🤦‍♂️ 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Dman said:

The fact that after us, he can only get a job at a bottom half L1 side kind of goes to show how bad of an appointment it was. 

I can kind of understand and see the logic of why we appointed him, but it was destined to fail from the very start. 

That being said, Selles was significantly worse. Out of the 3 managers we had last season, 1 is currently unemployed (in fairness, he'll pick up another decent enough job - Palace would be a good fit for him) the other 2 are in the bottom 7 clubs in L1 🤦‍♂️ 

I don't really blame us for appointing Selles. At that point we were tainted goods and needed someone to manage us. The fuck up was not sacking Ralph in the summer and then giving it to Jones when there was still time to save us. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Jones' record at that level is very good. 

Bit of a Saints connection at Charlton in (relatively) recent times.   Who can forget Les Reed's 6 week stint there as Manager in 2006 - sacked with the reputation as the "worst manager ever", only to be replaced by Alan Pardew.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, austsaint said:

Bit of a Saints connection at Charlton in (relatively) recent times.   Who can forget Les Reed's 6 week stint there as Manager in 2006 - sacked with the reputation as the "worst manager ever", only to be replaced by Alan Pardew.

Wasn't Atkins there at some point after us too?

4 hours ago, austsaint said:

You'd have to back Jonesy to beat that record. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Wasn't Atkins there at some point after us too?

Yeah, they consider him one of their worst ever managers. So do Sheff Utd. How we feel about Jones is basically the same way certain clubs feel about Adkins.

14 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Yeah, they consider him one of their worst ever managers. So do Sheff Utd. How we feel about Jones is basically the same way certain clubs feel about Adkins.

To be fair they've got a similar record here - both played a major part in getting us into the championship.

• Haha 6

Just now, Toadhall Saint said:

As totally unfit for the job. He put himself up for a job he wasn’t up to 

Unusual perspective imo. The fault with us hiring him lies entirely with us. 

• Like 5

Charlton Chairman:

"We’re really pleased to appoint Nathan Jones. He is a Manager of real pedigree who has a track record of building successful teams over a period of time.  We were really impressed with the quality of candidates interested in coming to Charlton. Through our initial research, the in-depth interview process and the references we took, Nathan was the clear stand out. He is a great fit for Charlton given his ability to get his teams playing football on the front foot, with a passion and an intensity. He is an excellent coach, who is tactically savvy and an outstanding developer of talent!"

Wish Nat and the Latics well, he's certain to raise the passion and aggression levels inside the Valley!

Edited by Miltonaggro

1 minute ago, Miltonaggro said:

Charlton Chairman:

"We’re really pleased to appoint Nathan Jones. He is a Manager of real pedigree who has a track record of building successful teams over a period of time.  We were really impressed with the quality of candidates interested in coming to Charlton. Through our initial research, the in-depth interview process and the references we took, Nathan was the clear stand out. He is a great fit for Charlton given his ability to get his teams playing football on the front foot, with a passion and an intensity. He is an excellent coach, who is tactically savvy and an outstanding developer of talent!"

Wish Nat and the Latics well.

He must be really, really good at interviews, which is odd because his post match interviews were a car crash. 

I assume he got a glowing reference from us to save us a few quid!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

He must be really, really good at interviews, which is odd because his post match interviews were a car crash. 

Reckon Rasmus is now moonlighting as his agent.

• Haha 2

Very watertight interview process, 

Ben Garner, fantastic success at Bristol Rovers.

Karl Robinson, currently setting the managerial world alight.

Dean Holden, Ettifaq no2 because that’s the progression needed.

Welsh David Icke, saviour of Southampton Fc

Wow, to be a Charlton fan. 

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

I assume the agreement was to continue to pay him for a year on our side, hence why he now has a new job. 

add that Ralph comes off the wage bill in a few months....raking it in

1 hour ago, Weston Super Saint said:

makes you wonder about the other candidates… 

44 minutes ago, Saint Gifford said:

Very watertight interview process, 

Ben Garner, fantastic success at Bristol Rovers.

Karl Robinson, currently setting the managerial world alight.

Dean Holden, Ettifaq no2 because that’s the progression needed.

Welsh David Icke, saviour of Southampton Fc

Wow, to be a Charlton fan. 

All my mums side of the family are Charlton fans and was talking about his appointment earlier today. I think he might be ok for them, smallish club where he can probably stamp his authority in a similar way to Luton. Hopelessly out of his depth with us and Stoke but Charlton probably suits him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Miltonaggro said:

Charlton Chairman:

Wish Nat and the Latics well, he's certain to raise the passion and aggression levels inside the Valley!

Front foot! Love it 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Miltonaggro said:

Charlton Chairman:

The other candidates...

Teletubbies-teletubbies-35178377-640-485

The initial research...

59778a60-00f2-4795-adaf-b11509f8babe_1.9

The in-depth interview process

2895-024.JPG

Nathan at the interview...

4e898069a8873ad55dab1de0db941f3e.jpeg

the references...

No.png

Hilarious that they've come out with "front foot" as if they've just been hypnotised by the power point presentation.

"This slide shows the swirly lines of front footed aggression.Look closely as they move..."

Everything the stoke fans said, turned out to be accurate. Everything the Stoke players said, turned out to be accurate. Despite Jones supposedly having learned so much about the Stoke experience. Jones clearly has a level of player he can even contemplate coaching.

If Charlton's squad contains no one who's had a sniff of a Premier League, he might be able to repeat what he did at Luton. Stu turning to the bench and asking what, even roughtly, he was being asked to do, sums up his time with us. Out of his depth.

Edit: A peek at a couple of Charlton forums, and they seem quite pleased. They're on a dreadful run, with some forum folk looking down towards relegation scraps. They seem keen on a table tennis table burner, if it gets them to replicate Luton.

Edited by Holmes_and_Watson
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, revolution saint said:

All my mums side of the family are Charlton fans and was talking about his appointment earlier today. I think he might be ok for them, smallish club where he can probably stamp his authority in a similar way to Luton. Hopelessly out of his depth with us and Stoke but Charlton probably suits him.

Quite right tbf. Both my boys are Gasheads, and when Ben Garner did an exact copy of Nathan Jones with the Gas then after getting the boot turned up at his mates Swindon.

Did a fair job there and then bombed at Charlton. I do feel for Charlton after all the crap with owners over the years. 

Reminds me of the Lowe era with us.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

He didn't really have to interview with us, never applied for the job it was Saints doing all the chasing convincing him to join us rather than other way round. 

Anyway good luck to him, he'll try to recreate what he'd got going at Luton. 

11 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Just a casual reminder that this man stopped Man City from having the greatest season in the history of English football. Funny old game.

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day. And, in fairness, how do you go about preparing a side to face Jonesball?

• Like 1