Nathan Jones

AlexLaw76

• 3 months later...
10 hours ago, Ted Bates Statue said:

If you don't fancy watching any more of the match, the bit on NJ's managerial approach to an unwanted player should start at the relevant section: https://youtu.be/9xWHQlXBN-0?t=5233

Thanks for the link. It's a real eye opener about how players are sometimes treated by clubs. He says,

"You forget someone is an actual person"

That reflects badly on Nathan Jones, but is also worth remembering by everyone the next time they go to post about how shit they think a certain player is, "You forget someone is an actual person."

• Like 2

Players are treated badly & forced out of clubs by behaviour like that, it’s not just Nathan Jones. However, the bloke did come over a bit whiny to me, what’s wrong with the offer of paying up his contract, why didn’t he just accept that and fuck off? He had nowhere to go? Fuck me, I bet he was on 100k a year at least  & they offered him 7 months. Poor soul. 

12 hours ago, The Kraken said:

It was the worst time of my Saints supporting career too, so he’s got company.

I think this month has been worse for me. We've not thrown a punch in a league we should be dominating all but 2 other teams.. with an exciting squad as well. 

1 hour ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Players are treated badly & forced out of clubs by behaviour like that, it’s not just Nathan Jones. However, the bloke did come over a bit whiny to me, what’s wrong with the offer of paying up his contract, why didn’t he just accept that and fuck off? He had nowhere to go? Fuck me, I bet he was on 100k a year at least  & they offered him 7 months. Poor soul. 

Yeah, I don’t think Ralph was averse to treating players on the fringes poorly. Then there was Mark Hughes treatment of Romeu. There aren’t many managers that don’t no matter how unintentional 

Edited by beatlesaint

• 1 month later...

Sorry to resurrect a post on this clown, but spotted his Masterclass on that freak City result we had - can't say I'm going to waste 25minutes of my time on it, but if anyone else wants to hear how he got us playing with so much front-footedness, then here you go.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, gecko said:

Sorry to resurrect a post on this clown, but spotted his Masterclass on that freak City result we had - can't say I'm going to waste 25minutes of my time on it, but if anyone else wants to hear how he got us playing with so much front-footedness, then here you go.

Surprised they didn't do one of these after, Brentford, or Forest. Better still after Wolves and why tactically it is so difficult to play against 10 men.

• Haha 2

Watched the Jomes CV thing and pretty much the only bit of interest was that when he spoke about Sekou Mara he said he is/was "probably the best finisher at the club".

He obviously scored in that game but interesting that RM has also been positive about him recently and Ralph was also keen to give him a chance so he obviously shows something at Staplewood if not really in the games.

Aside from that we were really aggressive and stuff.

Think it just hammered home the point that that type of game was one the squad suited because it was lots of off the ball work. The lack of invention in the team doesn’t really show itself in a game like that but give them a defence to break down and they were fucked.

After watching that Millwall fan on the Millwall match thread going on about how proud he was of his team's aggression, I would have thought that Jones and Millwall was a match made in heaven. Expect his appointment as their new manager any day now. 

1 hour ago, Tamesaint said:

After watching that Millwall fan on the Millwall match thread going on about how proud he was of his team's aggression, I would have thought that Jones and Millwall was a match made in heaven. Expect his appointment as their new manager any day now. 

You would have thought so but only if they sack the newly appointed Joe Edwards...in record time.

Some suggestions Jones interviewed well and was leading the chase but then demanded an escape clause which put the mockers on it.

Edited by TheAlehouseBrawlers
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, TheAlehouseBrawlers said:

You would have thought so but only if they sack the newly appointed Joe Edwards...in record time.

Some suggestions Jones interviewed well and was leading the chase but then demanded an escape clause which put the mockers on it.

Assume it was an escape from reality! 

• Like 2

On 07/11/2023 at 06:52, TheAlehouseBrawlers said:

Escape from those Welsh girls he rates so highly?

11 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

I moved to Wales on 11th Nov last year. That week my (very) Welsh BT engineer visited a couple of times to crank up my broadband. He left me in little doubt NJ was not viewed with total admiration in the land of his fathers.

The rural broadband worked out fine, unlike the Welsh wizard.

• Haha 1

He's on 5 live sometime soon. As the show started, he was trailed as "the former Luton manager."

Edit:

Again as former Luton manager.

He's giving an opinion on man utd. Be sure he has a great track record of dealing with any player at that level.

snippets: the stats might be showing they are covering the ground, but it's not happening. It's the manager's responsibility to get what you can from the players. But there's so much else going on around the club. Expect senior players to get hold of the dressing room. Not seeing any leadership. Talks about having discipline, leadership and stability so that new players can hit the ground running, and make it clear if they are going to fit. Mentions Brighton and Brentford as examples of this stability.

Nathan said that Stoke had been on a bit of a downward trend before he got there.  Likewise, Southampton had lost a lot of games before they got there. The point he was making, when compared to clubs grown from a stable squad, is that it's easier to add pieces than make small changes.

He had to defend himself. Someone was talking about new appointments this week. They considered these as left field choices and that Nathan and other out of work bosses were now a bit obsolete.

Nathan pointed out the similarities of these coaches and the likes of himself, before having to put up with a too old joke, that was a bit uncomfortable. NJ will see himself as a data driven, modern project manager very much awaiting any left field approach to be a manager.

Edited by Holmes_and_Watson

• 4 weeks later...
On 04/12/2023 at 22:30, DT said:

Nathan Jones now linked to Swansea. Hilarious. 

I mean, surely there's no chance (given he is a Cardiff fan) but his old assistant at Saints, Alan Sheehan, is currently the Swansea caretaker and the Swans' DoF is Paul Watson, who was the head of operations at Luton Town when old mate Jonesy was there...

On 04/12/2023 at 22:30, DT said:

Nathan Jones now linked to Swansea. Hilarious. 

On 04/12/2023 at 22:52, miserableoldgit said:

Mowbray sacked at Sunderland....another opening for him?

With all due respect, can he actually be trusted to walk through an open door? Oh no, my nervous twitch has suddenly come back. Think about something else......

So far this season he has been the prime candidate to join Millwall and Rotherham, and this week he's linked to Sunderland and of all clubs, Swansea?!

We're talking about the former Cardiff supporter Nathan Jones who surely doesn't fit the style that Swansea expect to play. Someone's having a laugh.

At this point, I'm going to believe he's in the front-running for a job only after he's been photographed on a pitch holding a scarf aloft.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ted Bates Statue said:

So far this season he has been the prime candidate to join Millwall and Rotherham, and this week he's linked to Sunderland and of all clubs, Swansea?!

We're talking about the former Cardiff supporter Nathan Jones who surely doesn't fit the style that Swansea expect to play. Someone's having a laugh.

At this point, I'm going to believe he's in the front-running for a job only after he's been photographed on a pitch holding a scarf aloft.

How the fuck did he ever get a job here?

6 minutes ago, Yorkshire Saint said:

Perhaps if it said:

Crack, the secret of high performance. This would be more appropriate to Rasmus thinking. 

It would certainly be a more persuasive and original business theory.  Jonesy could write a companion text - Glue: The Secret of Pan European Fitness...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ted Bates Statue said:

There's passion and then there's utter fucking bonkers!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ted Bates Statue said:

Time is the healer of all wounds. So much so that sometimes I find myself feeling bad for Nathan Jones and say he was hard done by. Then videos like this pop up and I remember my sanity.