Bakovnetski

26 minutes ago, DonnieD said:

If it becomes a case of "show us your medals", Marsch could point to:

Coaching:

New York Red Bulls Supporters' Shield: 2015, 2018

Red Bull Salzburg, Austrian Bundesliga: 2019–20, 2020–21

Austrian Cup 2019–20, 2020–21

Individual: MLS Coach of the Year 2015

So a big cheese in a Micky Mouse environment basically while flopping in his two big appointments. He’s a poor man’s Hasenhuttl 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, DonnieD said:

If it becomes a case of "show us your medals", Marsch could point to:

Coaching:

New York Red Bulls Supporters' Shield: 2015, 2018

Red Bull Salzburg, Austrian Bundesliga: 2019–20, 2020–21

Austrian Cup 2019–20, 2020–21

Individual: MLS Coach of the Year 2015

We have literally just had the fittest human on the planet who, incidentally, was the BEST manager in all of Europe.

I'm happy to take someone with no accolades at this point.

• Like 3

Willing to throw my hat in the ring, fifteen successful years playing Football Manager and FIFA, more often than not scouting and buying the same players Saints have but years earlier.

Will help your buy-to-sell-high model.

Bednarek and Lyanco will be nowhere near the starting eleven, and I will have a clause in my contract that if we ever play five at the back it is a sackable offence.

👍🏻

Come on Rasmus!

• Like 5

Baring a miracle, we are almost certain to be relegated. What we need now is a manager who is going to be able to give us the best chance of coming straight back up from the Championship & one who is used to working with young talent & playing the type of football that has given us most success i:e 433 or 4231 type of formation. For what it is worth my options would be:

Postalogu (would love it but not going to happen)

Marsch

Selles (given the job full time)

Gallardo (probably no chance)

• Like 1

Wonder what Dragan has to say to Rasmus this morning ( if they have a meeting). Payed Luton millions so we could get Jones, hands him a 3,5 year contract, presumably on PL wages and sacks him after 3 months. That makes it around 39 months left on his contract. Besides that he’s also still paying Ralph. 

Whoever comes in next, Rasmus is under huge pressure to get this one right. That makes me think he might play it safe and go for a  manager with experience in the PL with a decent track record. 

Edited by Dr. Kucho
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

Marsch will irritate many, I'm sure, but compared to Jones he's light and day. He comes from the RB way of doing things, initially manager at NY Red Bulls, won honours there, got his move to another RB group club in Salzburg, and also won honours there. He then got the 'big job' at Lipzig, but it didn't go to plan there and by all accounts their fans felt the club stitched him up and they'd have liked to have seen him given longer. Throughout all of those clubs he has followed his principles by playing a very similar 4-2-2-2 /4-3-2-1, gengenpress style. In many ways a full disciple of the Ralph/RB approach - for me that's a pretty critical factor to consider.

When you hire a manager mid season, outside of a transfer window, you need to be sure they are a fit for the players in the squad. As much as the likes of Nuno and Lage are legitimate options, you could argue that they've got their success from a very disciplined and patient tactical approach - I'd say those approaches are at odds with the tools we have in this squad. That's why Marsch makes some sense, there is a squad of players in the building vested in the way he wants to play and they bought into it under a previous manager.

In the position we are in beggars can't be choosers, and this is a reason why I felt we may hold fire and see what is available in the summer - but if Marsch is up for a short-term and long-term view, and is willing to be part of a strategic rebuild in the Championship, then I think there could be many worse choices.

I'm not totally against this one if it happens. I can actually see the logic behind it, which I couldn't see when Jones was appointed.

Well said 👏🏻 and echos my thoughts completely

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Kucho said:

Wonder what Dragan has to say to Rasmus this morning ( if they have a meeting). Payed Luton millions so we could get Jones, hands him a 3,5 year contract, presumably on PL wages and sacks him after 3 months. That makes it around 39 months left on his contract. Besides that he’s also still paying Ralph. 

Whoever comes in next, Rasmus is under huge pressure to get this one right. That makes me think he might play it safe and go for a  manager with experience in the PL with a descent track record. 

Not sure that’s quite what we need right now….😉😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, Viking Saint said:

Decent pedigree and available, and seems to have been completely forgotten. Get him in 

1371.jpg

The days of the bald headed manager (like Pep) are numbered. Managers with an (unnatural) head of hair, like Arteta, are in.

So I'm calling this one a non starter.

Who was that Senegal manager at the world cup? He had great hair, I think he could do a job here.

• Haha 1

After some time to digest the Marsch news, I am more OK with it then I was when it first came to light.

I guess my only thought on it, is his style of play suited to using a CF like Onuachu? His strengths do not seem alligned with the "high press" etc.

Maybe we will get players around him that can do it an build from there.

I just hope we can all now focus on the rest of the season, see what happens and have a better run of things next season, regardless of the division we start in.

Edited by Mr Nimbus
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Saint NL said:

The days of the bald headed manager (like Pep) are numbered. Managers with an (unnatural) head of hair, like Arteta, are in.

So I'm calling this one a non starter.

Who was that Senegal manager at the world cup? He had great hair, I think he could do a job here.

Have you seen the stats?:)

image.png.918cc608af2be42190f9831a153a3054.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 12

I am realistic enough to know that we are likely to be relegated. But I haven't accepted that this is inevitable. We still have 40% of the season to play and the gap between us and safety is not huge as there are some other very poor teams near the bottom.

This talk of appointing a manager who can get us promoted again seems premature. Certainly that is a consideration but it would surely be better to appoint someone with a chance of keeping us up in the first place. This would suggest someone, like Marsh, who has experience of doing that. Yes, he was sacked at Leeds but most managerial appointments end in the sack unless the manager retires from the game. 

I'm not necessarily arguing for Marsh. I don't have the knowledge and don't know who the club is considering. I'm just being realistic in observing that it is likely whomever we appoint will have failed somewhere else. Personally, if it wasn't so urgent, I'd like to see us hang on for whenever Potter is sacked by Chelsea. HCDAJFU.

• Like 3

The more I think about Marsch joining the less I’m against it. 
He had Leeds playing some lovely stuff,he was unfortunate to lose Bamford to injury.
be improved Raphina no end.it was obvious to all,like us, he had no potent,consistent striker. 
he was on a hiding to nothing with Leeds fans as they seemed to be besotted with Bielsa.Despite you could see them faltering  

we wasted a prime opportunity after sacking Ralph,who had to go.

he knows the Premier League,installing some bloke because he’s done well in the Italian or Argentinian league is no less a gamble.

I would Rather have Marsch in the Championship at the helm also.

which is looking more likely as each game passes.

Lampard,Gerrard and all the circus they bring would be awful.

we have been the creators of our own downfall,and that starts from the top…well Ankerson to be precise.
It will take a miracle to turn us around from relegation certainties whoever comes in.

the players have to buy into whoever it is installed.

for me Marsch is the best of a bad lot available to a club in our dire situation.

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, revolution saint said:

I feel like I'm repeating myself but, out of interest, who would you appoint?

Bielsa. There’s a chance he’d come ( he spoke to Everton). He’s available. Great pedigree. Knows the Championship and the PL. Wouldn’t get poached (too old). Pep rates him the best in the world for improving players. He turned Leeds into an entertaining exciting team (no easy task). Would be his own man so wouldn’t take all that analytical shit. No ego. Wouldn’t embarrass us at pressers. And finally because he looks like Jack Duckworth so deffo not a hipster. 

1 minute ago, Fitzhugh Fella said:

Bielsa. There’s a chance he’d come ( he spoke to Everton). He’s available. Great pedigree. Knows the Championship and the PL. Wouldn’t get poached (too old). Pep rates him the best in the world for improving players. He turned Leeds into an entertaining exciting team (no easy task). Would be his own man so wouldn’t take all that analytical shit. No ego. Wouldn’t embarrass us at pressers. And finally because he looks like Jack Duckworth so deffo not a hipster. 

Apart from the fact that analytics is an integral element of his approach to football, to such an extent he’s been caught sending coaches to spy on opposition training…

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Fitzhugh Fella said:

Cheers.  Don't think that's realistic TBH.  He wanted to manage the U23s at Everton till the summer so probably unlikely he'd come to us.

Edited by revolution saint

34 minutes ago, itchen said:

I am realistic enough to know that we are likely to be relegated. But I haven't accepted that this is inevitable. We still have 40% of the season to play and the gap between us and safety is not huge as there are some other very poor teams near the bottom.

For me it's more that we still require 60% of the likely points required to stay up (based on a total of 36).

60% of the points in 40% of the season - after the run we've been on and the form we're in - just seems highly unlikely whichever manager we bring in.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

Just spoke to Leeds fan up here , he said he liked the way set up them and the only team they didn’t dominate was Manchester City, was sad to see him go and added it’s nots marschs fault they couldn’t score from six yards out !

Stats seem to back up that assessment, Leeds on expected points should be 11th and should have been 12th last year. 

Edited by tajjuk

1 hour ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

I think Rasmus is under pressure to get this right.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a better manager on the side in talks as opposed to the generic names linked immediately like Gerrard, Lampard etc.

Christ i hope so. (no Jones religious references intended) 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Fitzhugh Fella said:

You’re absolutely spot on except for the fact that analytics and metrics is a HUGE approach to how Bielsa sets up and coaches and he has always been a huge advocate for analytics in football and coaching in particular, he’s also pretty egotistical, you only have to remember the whole spygate saga

So obviously apart from being completely wrong in your attempt to side swipe SR its a cracking post 👍🏻

• Like 1
  • Haha 3