Leeds 1-0 Saints - Match Thread

Yorkshire Saint

Alright Selles no more bullshit with the team selection I want us going hard at every team now not these "he has good discipline" footballers - we need to score goals and therefore we need players who are risk takers.

I want us to be trying to score like katie price is infront of us, balls out.

Also when the fuck will we score from a corner.

Just now, obelisk said:

Imagine this lot having to win on the last day to stay up. We'll likely be down long before that at this rate.

Good. That's what I'm hoping for. The agony of going down on the final day is horrible, as we well know. Quite often teams relegated before then play a lot better in the remaining games because the pressure has been lifted.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Leeds 1-0 Saints - Match Thread

Terrible game, terrible performance, topped off by an utterly pathetic effort by goalkeeper to a soft shot

Relegation all but confirmed.

Congratulations to the board for the spectacular mismanagement of the managerial position by keeping Ralph to long and giving the Welsh prick the job.

Ultimately it’s been a waste of every fans time 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

This. Totally. How many of our starting 11 today would seriously get into another PL team? JWP and Lavia, aside.

from that starting 11 none. bazunu especially wouldn’t get in a championship team and wouldn’t be playing had we not spent that amount on him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OldNick said:

Danny Ings! To think that we didnt think he would be an important signing in Jan

Oh yeah what service would he of got today - the service is the problem, Moi and Armstrong wouldnt be employed in mcdonalds with their service.

We need to feed our strikers and at the moment Tall Paul is already bloody thin.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Convict Colony said:

Alright Selles no more bullshit with the team selection I want us going hard at every team now not these "he has good discipline" footballers - we need to score goals and therefore we need players who are risk takers.

I want us to be trying to score like katie price is infront of us, balls out.

Also when the fuck will we score from a corner.

Running out to the car park whilst screaming is not really going to help matters, I don't imagine. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, obelisk said:

Imagine this lot having to win on the last day to stay up. We'll likely be down long before that at this rate.

We are down. If we somehow manage to get back into this and get to the last day, playing Liverpool, half our fanbase will have heart attacks. It's not worth it. Plan for the Championship and save your sanity.

• Like 3

Why is it on the odd occasion we go one nil up, we immediently stand off, and go into ultra defensive mode.

Leeds were the only team who looked like they were going to get the next game.

Just not good enough, unlike others, I think we have the calibre of players where we should stay up.

But for that to happen, the players did not put anywhere enough into that game today.

• Like 1

Leeds are probably the worst team we have played all season, but still comfortably a level above the drivel our club can produce. Saints will finish 20th and adrift of everyone and thoroughly deserve it. Hopeless club at every level. The only thing we are good at is finding loser owners who are clueless at running a football club. But owners that think they are so much more clever than everyone else.

We would not have scored a goal today if they had played five matches. Tactics, selections and subs just like Jones was still here. I can't see that anything has changed. This team is going to struggle tremendously in the Championship next season. This season is over.

Selles stuck with the Chelsea side and that was a costly learning curve today.  We were toothless and second best all over the park.  Substitutions baffling also.  Next time out it needs to be the obvious best 11 without the loyalty towards the likes of Bednarek, Moi, and Walcott who simply shouldn't be anywhere near the line up, Bazunu needs a 'rest' too.  Leicester massive now of course, but we regressed today and a nasty reality check.   

• Like 1