Summer Transfer Window 2023

FarehamSaintJames

2 hours ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

I wouldn’t be so sure. Caicedo might have been key to Brightons success…raised their game significantly so that without him they’ll not be quite as good. And would a junior player really chose Brighton over Chelsea…even though Brighton are doing well they’re arguably punching above their weight with possibly a limited lifetime in the top half of the Prem table?  If it was the only path back into the Prem he would take it though I suspect.

1 hour ago, skintsaint said:

When Liverpool, Chelsea, Utd etc are chasing you, I doubt he has Brighton on his radar now as much as it would make sense.

I agree no chance he chooses Brighton over Chelsea, but I think most would agree objectively it'll be easier for him to establish himself at Brighton and therefore arguably better for his career at this stage.  It'll all be acedemic as I seriously doubt Brighton would spend £50m on one player

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sunglasses Ron said:

This from a Liverpool fan on BBC re: Caicedo / Lavia:

"I'd rather give the money to Brighton - like them as a club and Southampton were annoying".

Annoying how? For asking less than half the money for the player you just purchased?

Probably because we always used to beat them at The Dell quite regularly on the 80s and 90s

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Sunglasses Ron said:

"I'd rather give the money to Brighton - like them as a club and Southampton were annoying".

Annoying how? For asking less than half the money for the player you just purchased?

Shithead 

• Haha 2

Caicedo having 'second thoughts' over Liverpool move

Sky Sports News has been told Moises Caicedo is having second thoughts about a move to Liverpool

The player and his representatives remain in London.

There is no official word yet if Chelsea have returned with an improved offer for the Brighton midfielder.

Plot twist?

How annoying would that be for the Scousers?

• Haha 12

1 minute ago, tillerp said:

Sky Sports News has been told Moises Caicedo is having second thoughts about a move to Liverpool

There is no official word yet if Chelsea have returned with an improved offer for the Brighton midfielder.

Plot twist?

would be absolutely hilarious

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tillerp said:

Plot twist?

Even more so when they come crawling back to enquire about Lavia and we tell them it’s now £60m plus % sell on. 

“There has been rampant inflation in the cost of midfield players over the last few days. Surprised you haven’t heard about it ..  “

• Like 2
  • Haha 15

2 hours ago, Doctoroncall said:

I’ll have to dig out Spike’s war memoirs - truly funny (certainly 40 years ago when last read)!

Off topic , but Puckoon was a good read all those years ago. Think it was 50 years ago though when I read it.

Tenuous link to bring Saints related is Spike’s dislike of Portsmouth (in an interview for Room 101). 

• Like 5

Brighton surely have the best poker-playing owner in the history of deal-making.

Brighton sales in the past year:

🇨🇴 Caicedo £110m 
🇪🇸 Cucurella £62m 
🇦🇷 McAllister £55m 
🇲🇱 Bissouma £35m 
🇧🇪 Trossard £27m 
🇪🇸 Sanchez £25m
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Burn £13m 
🇫🇷 Maupay £12m

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, DT said:

Brighton surely have the best poker-playing owner in the history of deal-making.

🇨🇴 Caicedo £110m 
🇪🇸 Cucurella £62m 
🇦🇷 McAllister £55m 
🇲🇱 Bissouma £35m 
🇧🇪 Trossard £27m 
🇪🇸 Sanchez £25m
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Burn £13m 
🇫🇷 Maupay £12m

Imagine if they were here?

Some club - "Hello, we're enquiring about Lyanco..."

Them - "Lyanco you say"? * Queue some heroic Wolf Of Wall Street style sales pitch *

Next Day - Some club signs Lycanco for £65m.

25 minutes ago, tillerp said:

Plot twist?

I might just go all kevin keegan.

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, sydney_saint said:

I've largely stayed away over the Summer so not sure what's going on with a few of our players. Is Che pushing for a move? Seems like a no brainer that he would be a clear starter this season and I much prefer him over Adam Armstrong but is he likely to actually stay? Same with Sulemana, what's going on there? As would have him ahead of Edozie. 

Adams doesn't seem to be pushing for a move but hasn't signed a new contract either. A handful of clubs rumoured to be interested, and Bournemouth had a bid rejected a few weeks ago.

Sulemana hasn't featured due to a hamstring injury. Everton and French clubs interested in a loan or transfer, but nothing happening publicly.

28 minutes ago, DT said:

🇨🇴 Caicedo £110m 
🇪🇸 Cucurella £62m 
🇦🇷 McAllister £55m 
🇲🇱 Bissouma £35m 
🇧🇪 Trossard £27m 
🇪🇸 Sanchez £25m
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Burn £13m 
🇫🇷 Maupay £12m

It's impressive and very much like us a few years back with Mane, Spiderman, Lallana, Van dick etc

As we know, the hard part is then replacing that with the next load of talent (or not in our case)

• Like 4

Just now, Turkish said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

2C5ADA8A-D0FF-4DDB-AC51-6926B5BA3AFF.jpeg

Guess he`s willing to miss out on those "Special nights at Anfield" 🤣

We had better at least stick to our asking price when they come crawling back for Lavia, we should put it up to 80mill now

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Winchester Red said:

Maybe Klopp is Liverpool's problem now.  Players happy to leave the project for dirty money yet new quality ones don't want to play for him. (mischievous grin)

Is that grin with Klopps Turkey teeth lol

• Haha 2

Just now, beatlesaint said:

He wont but if I was Lavia I would say to Southampton dont bother accepting any Liverpool offer cos I'm not going there !!

They've fucked him over big time.

It would be brilliant if Lavia told Liverpool to do one now after messing around for the sake of £5m when they were willing to pay £110m for Caicedo. He probably won’t but it would be amazing 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DT said:

🇨🇴 Caicedo £110m 
🇪🇸 Cucurella £62m 
🇦🇷 McAllister £55m 
🇲🇱 Bissouma £35m 
🇧🇪 Trossard £27m 
🇪🇸 Sanchez £25m
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Burn £13m 
🇫🇷 Maupay £12m

Why do our supporters keep getting a hard on for Brighton. Let’s see where they are in a couple of seasons before hailing what genius’ they are. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, revolution saint said:

I've been following Caicedo and his career with interest.  He's a baller.  He's got a hammer for a right foot, a cultured left foot that acts as both a wand and can open a tin of beans, a football for both an eye and a brain.  I'd say he doesn't just glide across the pitch - more like he hovers above it.

Oh and, for a big man, he's got a great first touch and he can leap like a trout.

Worth £110M of anyones money and then some.

Sadly he also just contracted asthma.

2 hours ago, Sunglasses Ron said:

The kings of self-entitlement

• Haha 1