Saints 0-2 Fulham - Saints Relegated

Dman

5 minutes ago, Crab Lungs said:

What is wrong with them? Fucking hell.

Trust me, there were very few people applauding. Most had already left.

Shambles. Nothing there at all. At least the sun was shining.

Dump Selles. Dump Ankersen (I’m looking at you Dragan, it’s your money). Start again. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Most compliant home fans in the league 

In that case then make the effort to actually go to games yourself so you can tell the board what you think. Instead you spend all your fucking time posting utter drivel on here and sniping at other fans while tossing yourself off about Plymouth. You are an absolute helmet.

• Like 10
  • Haha 6

38 minutes ago, Big M said:

It's almost impossible to know where to start.Every single player accepted relegation weeks ago and it just shows the rotten side of football players and the massive salaries they receive,the attitude just stinks,they don't give a flying one about the club or the fans,why would they care? As long as the 50 grand a week hits the account from the club that's all that matters and if We're relegated I'll get my agent to find me another mug club to keep the 50 grand a week hitting the account and hopefully a bit more.

Don't pay them. Simple. 

• Like 1

So what was it ? Three points from 11 games , when staring relegation in the face ?  Beyond all the nonsense of this season, that has to be one of the worst efforts to avoid the drop of all time, given that in terms of league position for a long time  we had  fair chance of avoiding the drop if we had achieved even mediocre results.

• Like 15

Well and truly tonked by a team who seemed well coached, could find a pass (or a series of passes), able to get forward with pace, seemed to have a semblance of ideas how to use corners and throw ins to their advantage and basically strolled through the game without their keeper being tested..
They also read the St Marys script ie contain the home team in the first half and ensure you score at least a goal or two (or three or four)in front of your own fans to ensure they are in full voice at the end.
 I reckon the current squad would not make it above halfway in the Championship so god knows what will happen when the three or four half decent players buggar off.
Finally fair play to the much maligned Bednerak.
Thought he was our least worse player today.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Bit much considering they've been floundering around the bottom 2 divisions for the past 10 years or whatever it is.

We’ve been relegated to the league above them, it’s a tragic really.

• Like 5

The only thing I’m clinging on to is the fact that Dra- goon will look at this and think what have I spent £200 million on. 

Clearly he must have some business savvy and will I’m sure view this as either cut my losses and run. Or make some real positive changes at board level and below.

He hasn’t made a great deal of money, without learning from his mistakes. It will take plenty of money in transfers, but this will in the next few months show what sort of owner he is.

If it was my £200 million, right now I would not be the happiest of people to be around, and would be looking to kick someone’s ass………

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, teamsaint said:

So what was it ? Three points from 11 games , when staring relegation in the face ?  Beyond all the nonsense of this season, that has to be one of the worst efforts to avoid the drop of all time, given that in terms of league position for a long time  we had  fair chance of avoiding the drop if we had achieved even mediocre results.

No goals at home since that penalty against Spurs I think? Pathetic

1 hour ago, DT said:

‘We gave it everything’ - Kyle Walker Peters. Did you fuck, mate. Piss off. 
JWP says standards had slipped from day one of pre season. Why have you only said this now? What sort of captain does that? A shit one. Hope they all have terrible careers elsewhere. Except Lavia. Who is immense. 

KWP was fucking garbage all season. 

JWP is a good player but not a captain. Standards dropped in preseason and timid James takes 8 months to perhaps mention it. He should have been getting in players faces in game 1. 

So totally Saints, so limp and lazy.

Edited by OttawaSaint
  • Like 4

I was one who wanted Ralph gone for atleast a season before he eventually left not because I disliked him or his early days at saints,but because I thought we had become stale, predictable and Ralph himself looked lost for a ideas and a fresh approach was required because relegation looked a less than evens bet.

I naively had faith that sports republic would find a replacement who could bring the fresh approach required.... but the fucking mess they have created starting with the transfer window policy last summer and the managerial appointments after Ralph left have been... Well we all know. 

I've been watching saints for 35 years and this team has less character than any other I can remember even less than Branfoots 4-6 formation against Ipswich! ( actually maybe it was the first ever false 9 and he was a genius! ) 

To have any chance of getting out the championship, we need characters and people who know the league behind the scenes and on and off  the pitch because this club as it stands with the owners, current transfer policy and majority of players has zero chance of bouncing straight back.

On that note, the championship is fun, and weirdly some days I missed it when we got back up to the  Premier, the atmosphere at St Mary's is far better if actually attempting to win something rather than trying to finish 17th every season. 

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Bit much considering they've been floundering around the bottom 2 divisions for the past 10 years or whatever it is.

Best result this season Portsmouth 0-0 Morecambe. And for a team that had average gate of 11,000 for 10 seasons National League is where the blue few will be at home.

Well if the article in the Athletic is true I'm not surprised.Players late for training,late for meetings, constantly on their mobiles and no sanctions to worry about.Sounds like a badly disciplined classroom,no wonder the players with attitude problems don't give a shit if they can do what they want,what a shambles that there have been zero standards and zero discipline in the squad.You couldn't make this crap up.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Toussaint said:

Nathan Jones providing half time expert analysis in the championship playoff match now… 

He's been on sky today, to be fair I think he comes across quite well 

2 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

25% of our points came from Chelsea

Chelsea and Leicester fans must be thinking fuck sake how did they do the double over us. 

Will be a lovely stat if it turns out Saints were only team to stop Man City doing quadruple 

Just now, JRM said:

Chelsea and Leicester fans must be thinking fuck sake how did they do the double over us. 

Will be a lovely stat if it turns out Saints were only team to stop Man City doing quadruple 

Imagine being an arsenal fan, dropped 4 points against us which will cost them the league 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You wonder at what level that team today would be competitive ? Clearly not premier league but I am not sure it’s even championship quality. Perhaps mid table league one but having watched Peterborough last night think they’d murder us in terms of pace and power. We are such a weak and insipid team. We’ve become a joke really.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, JRM said:

He's been on sky today, to be fair I think he comes across quite well 

Still can’t believe we hired that cunt, it’s like the Wigley thing all over again. Like the person making the decisions is completely detached from reality. Mental.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

:facepalm:

That was quite weird at the end - I was talking to the regulars on the end of our row as the booing started in the Northam and rapidly got louder, at the same time the Fulham players in-front of their fans almost as one looked over in disbelief. 
The wife of the chap I was talking to uttered “there’s no need to boo them” - sorry did I just hear you right? 3 performances out of 18 that you’ve paid to witness, and that shocking performance this afternoon. As I went down the stairs I was obviously in the minority as I was suddenly in a fucking Sealion colony - happy effin clappers feeling sorry for the boys. Bloody worlds gone soft!

• Like 1