Worst Player of the Season Award 2022/23

niceandfriendly

This could be tight. My nominations, but I’m sure you will have other suggestions, are as follows:

Option 1: Adam Armstrong (I don’t even want him here in the Championship. Joke of a player)

Option 2: Gavin Bazunu (Might be a good goalkeeper in 10 years time, but right now he’s quite dreadful)

Option 3: Elyounoussi (My god. My f*cking god)

Option 4: Diallo (Hasn’t played that much, but whenever he did he was woeful)

Option 5: Che Adams (Not a terrible player and hope he stays for Championship, but some of his misses this season were comical)

Option 6: Moussa Djenepo (All show, no substance, please leave)

Option 7: Maitland-Niles (One or two decent performances, other than that utterly shite)

Any other suggestions please list below. Perhaps the mods can start a poll?

2 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Can’t we give it to all of them?

when we’re Matiland-Miles good performances by the way?

Yes we can although bit harsh on Alcaraz and Lavia. And without JWPs free kicks we’d have been down a long time ago. 

Good question about AMN, I can’t really remember them clearly. Perhaps one was Chelsea away?

• Like 1

By no means the worst but I’m actually most disappointed with KWP given that he’s proven in previous seasons to have a bit of quality - yet hasn’t showed it once this season.

The rest just don’t have the ability to be in the Prem and should have never been brought in by a serious PL team.

• Like 7

Just now, Nemi said:

By no means the worst but I’m actually most disappointed with KWP given that he’s proven in previous seasons to have a bit of quality - yet hasn’t showed it once this season.

The rest just don’t have the ability to be in the Prem and should have never been brought in by a serious PL team.

Ah yes, Biggest Disappointment is another award we could give out. JWP, KWP, Kotchap, Salisu and Stu Armstrong could all be in with a shout for that one. 

Fuck me where to start. 

1) Adam Armstrong. We signed him to replace Danny Ings 😂😂😂

2) Elynoussi. Probably the second most ineffective ‘attacking’ player we’ve had in our history, behind Armstrong. 

3) Bazunu. Shit. And a skate. 

4) AMN. Shit player, shit attitude. Lazy fucker.

5) Lyanco. Would be higher up the list but I think he probably cares. Diabolical defender though. 

6) Diallo. Say no more.

What a list of shit cunts that is. Disgraceful. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, S-Clarke said:

It's really hard to single one out as 90% of this team have been utterly, utterly, utterly inept.

They can all share this prodigious award this season, and then they can fuck off out of my club.

I hear ya. A couple of them I’d love to have in the Chanpionship though. 

Alcaraz, JWP, Lavia, KWP… they’d be great players for us in a lower league. Chances of them staying though? Sadly they’ll likely get big paydays and move to bigger clubs which they do not deserve. 

6 minutes ago, Nemi said:

He showed no interest in a potential 50-50 in the first half.

• Like 2

Just now, niceandfriendly said:

I hear ya. A couple of them I’d love to have in the Chanpionship though. 

Alcaraz, JWP, Lavia, KWP… they’d be great players for us in a lower league. Chances of them staying though? Sadly they’ll likely get big paydays and move to bigger clubs which they do not deserve. 

Yeah I'd put Alcaraz, Lavia, KWP in that 90% cohort - but the rest are a bunch of wankers, and I include JWP in that after his 'efforts' today. I cannot accept that.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, LGTL said:

Fuck me where to start. 

1) Adam Armstrong. We signed him to replace Danny Ings 😂😂😂

2) Elynoussi. Probably the second most ineffective ‘attacking’ player we’ve had in our history, behind Armstrong. 

3) Bazunu. Shit. And a skate. 

4) AMN. Shit player, shit attitude. Lazy fucker.

5) Lyanco. Would be higher up the list but I think he probably cares. Diabolical defender though. 

6) Diallo. Say no more.

What a list of shit cunts that is. Disgraceful. 

I'd keep Lyanco but the rest can fuck off. If any of the other 5 are retained or offered a new contract for next season, then we know that absolutely nothing has been learned and we'll continue on this downward spiral

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Can’t we give it to all of them?

when we’re Matiland-Miles good performances by the way?

Arsenal home and away.  He was brilliant in not turning up and I hope we see more of the same from him next season.

Edited by sambosa75
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

The reason why these players are shit is because nobody has coached them properly and the whole club for the last few season is rotting at the core.

Put 90% of these players in a better team and they wouldn’t be so bad.

So my vote is not the players but the whole fucking management from the very TOP downwards.

• Like 7

Dear god, so many options. I almost don't wanna say Baz 'cos it feels cruel on the lad but let's be honest - he's been diabolical. But AA can truly get fucked, total chancer. Ely can too very much do one. And we all give Che a pass 'cos he's our least shit striker, but if we're honest, he's still a pretty shit striker. Some of the sitters he missed this season were staggering.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Let’s just pick an 11 and be done with it.

Baz (I fear we’ve broken him - not his fault he’s not ready but … nowhere near ready)

AMN left back

Lyanco and ? for cb? DCC for being a card waiting to happen? Salisu for a stinking attitude? Remarkably “Janny B” isn’t in.

KWP at rb? Not our worst but compared to his high standards he’s had a dreadful season

Diallo and Aribo in midfield 

Eli and either Djenepo or Stu (for Stu re KWP above)

ArmA and probably Che. Again, there’s worse than Che but some of his misses this season make Shane along look like a lethal finisher.

Mara as a non impact sub deserves a special mention.

Maybe orsic as an unused, unknown, invisible sub.

Fuck me just thinking about these pr1cks as I write this makes me depressed.

• Like 2

Tough call between AMN and Moi, but AMN slightly sledges. Feel like Moi tries but he is just a terrible footballer. AMN doesn't try and is terrible.

As for Bazunu, whilst he has been awful, he has had an absolutely terrible defence in front of him destroying any confidence he did have. Not good for a young goalkeeper. Probably helps him seeing how many goals we have still conceded with the terrible McCarthy in goal... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, beatlesaint said:

Option 8 - Joe Aribo - his whole demeanour on the pitch summed up the season

He would be my shout. As dreadful as so many of our players are, most of them at least look like they’re trying. Even the ones our professors in psychology have been analysing as not trying I think are just dejected, devoid of confidence and ideas and fed up of being paraded around in this appallingly managed sh*t show.

Aribo though… f**k me he actually looks like it’s an inconvenience being given a big pay rise to come here and play football. I’d drive the lazy waste of space up to Carlisle United tomorrow and buy him a f**king McDonald’s at Stafford services on the way.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Aribo is the very definition of the trainspotting line “this cunt’s no tryin”. 

But Maitland Niles gets my vote, utterly useless, on loan so supposed to be trying for a contract, and he gives that. Just not a top level footballer, he’s somehow cheated himself a living. He plays like he couldn’t give a fuck. Please just fuck off asap Ainsley, you waste of a shirt.

Our managers have been the worst level of shit, Jones and Selles just massively out of their depth. But at least they sort of showed they cared. The two above didn’t.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pilchards said:

The reason why these players are shit is because nobody has coached them properly and the whole club for the last few season is rotting at the core.

So my vote is not the players but the whole fucking management from the very TOP downwards.

Maybe you have a point. Even players like Jack Stephens and Lemina haven't looked bad at Bournemouth & Wolves. But no manager on this planet could make AA a footballer. Truly depressingly awful and my vote (and that includes thinking of the options Ely & Diallo!)

Unpopular, but I have decided not to put too much blame on most of the players.  Generalising, it seems that mostly the players hearts are in it and they put a shift in.  But when they get the ball they don't know what to do with it and as a team we have little plan or structure, or at least one that works.  That's down to poor management. 

That said, Onuachu, Aribo, AA, Bazunu can all go.  Woefully substandard.    

Orsic - no idea - have seen about 80 minutes of him.  Will probably never see him again. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pilchards said:

Do you live up that tree

• Haha 1

I never thought I'd say that but I hate our team , so many that are not up to it , and worse than that have disgraceful attitudes , salisu for refusing to play the most important part of the season , maitland niles for generally being awful , bazunu for looking sorry himself all the time and far too weak for the PL . Adam Armstrong for being an absolute waste of money. Diallo is league 1 standard.   You could be here all night going through them all but sadly apart from JWP , lavia and KWP they are all expendable

5 hours ago, niceandfriendly said:

This could be tight. My nominations, but I’m sure you will have other suggestions, are as follows:

Option 1: Adam Armstrong (I don’t even want him here in the Championship. Joke of a player)

Option 2: Gavin Bazunu (Might be a good goalkeeper in 10 years time, but right now he’s quite dreadful)

Option 3: Elyounoussi (My god. My f*cking god)

Option 4: Diallo (Hasn’t played that much, but whenever he did he was woeful)

Option 5: Che Adams (Not a terrible player and hope he stays for Championship, but some of his misses this season were comical)

Option 6: Moussa Djenepo (All show, no substance, please leave)

Option 7: Maitland-Niles (One or two decent performances, other than that utterly shite)

Any other suggestions please list below. Perhaps the mods can start a poll?