Will season ticket prices be released now and will you renew?

Paul Chuckle

Probably and not a chance.

Without seeing some drastic overhaul, all I see is another season like this. 

With travel, food and 8 away games etc, I think this season cost me about £2k for me and an U18. 

Value for money ... lol

Only memorable thing was being front row for the Chelsea away win.

For some reason we went today.

I'll see how the new season goes first and we'll come along to a few matches ad-hoc.

Will renew for away priority, as always. 

Talking of which, losing the £30 cap is going to be painful. Although no doubt we’ll introduce a £15 cap for all away fans whilst doubling the ST price. 

No doubt I will. I’m not a plastic. We will win more next year than this year. 

love my pre game pub with mates then afternoon of fresh air supporting the same team I always have for nearly fifty years. 

players, owners and managers come and go but I will always be a saints fan. 

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, LGTL said:

Talking of which, losing the £30 cap is going to be painful. Although no doubt we’ll introduce a £15 cap for all away fans whilst doubling the ST price. 

Wouldn't worry too much , I know lads who follow championship clubs who very rarely pay more than £30 and most of the time pay less 

Let’s wait and see. I don’t think I will renew if the prices stay the same. Since we were ejected from our central seats and displaced from the neighbours that we had known for decades I have no special affiliation with where we are now. There’s always a few games that we can’t go to over the season and We will always be able to get tickets should we fancy going but to be honest.

I can’t be arsed.

• Like 1

If we see a substational change in playing staff then yeah, I'll be back in the Champ - don't have a ST this year, so it won't be a renew.

However I will refuse to pay a penny if we are forced to watch Diallo, Bednarek, Lynaco, A Armstrong and co stink out the Championship.

The only reason I will renew is because it will probably be the final season before my son goes off to Uni (hopefully!) and, depending on where he ends up, it might not be practical for him to have a season ticket the year after. It will not be because I 'believe in the project' or the quality of the product/experience as a customer.

Like others I feel massively detached. I've considered an Eastleigh season ticket as well this coming season after having a Southampton one since 1996. 

Ill eagerly await who they appoint as manager before making a decision alongside the price. £530 for 2 wins has been no value for money 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Great support. 

Ironic coming from someone who criticises people for wearing rose coloured glasses, for anyone showing emotion which isn’t in keeping with your opinions (the Ralph beating Liverpool incident), who criticises the players for being a bunch of son-in-laws…..

then when someone says how they feel and it’s not happy clappy you call them out !

amazing irony.

• Like 4

No because after 23 years on the Northam I have had a gutful of crowing away fans and Saints continually letting the opposition kick towards them in the second half

Will aim for the Kingsland near half way

Anyone want to swap??

Needs to be a reduction in price for season tickets as its too expensive plus on the day ticket costs. These are the prices for teams in championship this season. Surprisingly expensive so club will say its on par with others and keep prices same or as I suspect 10% more.

Birmingham City - £250 to £475
Blackburn - £429 to £529
Blackpool - £309 to £54
Bristol City - £380 to £675
Burnley - £365 to £590
Cardiff - £249 to £529
Coventry - £399
Huddersfield - £350
Luton - £430 to £500
Middlesbrough - £514 to £675
Millwall - £385 to £560
Preston - £400 to £535
QPR - £235 to £640
Reading - £299 to £445
Rotherham - £380 to £460
Sheff Utd - £404 to £515
Stoke - £379 to £556
Sunderland - £390 to £498
Swansea - £345
Watford - £438 to £567
West Brom - £329 to £439
Wigan - £379 to £399

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LGTL said:

I doubt Rotherham, Hull and Preston away will sell out to ST holders.

36 minutes ago, beatlesaint said:

Ironic coming from someone who criticises people for wearing rose coloured glasses, for anyone showing emotion which isn’t in keeping with your opinions (the Ralph beating Liverpool incident), who criticises the players for being a bunch of son-in-laws…..

then when someone says how they feel and it’s not happy clappy you call them out !

amazing irony.

Get relegated and a bunch of nods don’t want to go anymore. Pathetic. 

Fuck yeah. TBH would have hated us to survive and have more of this crap.  New season and new optimism. Some talent if coached properly can have a good season but need to ditch Selles and JWP

• Like 2

Yup will be renewing just as have done for the last 21 years. Hopefully we'll have a clear out and get a good manager in and some strikers. Take the good times and the bad. 

If I see  Elyounoussi ever on the pitch again I may regret that, he sums up everything that is wrong with the squad, can't pass, can't create and can't score.

1 hour ago, Toadhall Saint said:

If we had stayed in the prem I wasn’t going to renew but will now that we are not.

Same! Even if we are utter gash next year we'll win a hat full more games than what you need to cling on to premier league misery. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JRM said:

I really dislike the Premier league to be honest so yes will renew in championship 

Haven’t renewed mine since 2017 when beating Burnley on a Sunday was more important to the club than winning in Europe on a Thursday. 

I am hoping next season is affordable enough to get one again. 

• Like 1

I will renew for myself and my two boys. I can't help myself and have got used to disappointment on disappointment having followed Saints since 1969. Honestly think next season will be a massive struggle. There are a lot of teams in the league we struggle against away like Bristol City, Norwich and Preston. My primary concern is that we don't get relegated again.

At this moment I really can't say what I will do. Having supported the club for over 60 years (ST holder since 1975), I actually feel quite beaten down by what has happened over the last two or three years. I experienced other relegations and they made me sad.....this one just made me very angry....it was avoidable. Paying upfront for a ST and seeing two wins and an unchanging "style" of football where all games meld into one.......same old, same old....tippy-tappy across the back....back to GK...punt forward to nobody......opposition string five or six passes together and score, under three different "managers" this season is, to say the least, extremely depressing. I need to see something very positive and exciting  happen at the club before I make up my mind. It is obvious that we have, with a few exceptions, a squad of players who don't give a stuff about the club.....looking at it as a stepping stone, knowing that if we are relegated they will move on to a bigger payday. SR REALLY need to get things right....they can't afford another season like this...neither can I.

Edited by miserableoldgit
  • Like 5

Not only was the football horrendous, but the trains were probably the worst I can remember. Crystal Palace a particular low, I felt like John Candy in Trains, Planes & automobiles trying to reach Sellhurst by kick off time. Train strike yesterday & relegation a perfect fit which summed up the season, and we’ve more train nonsense next week on route to Brighton.

That said, I’m already stating to look forward to next season and come Aug I’ll be full of confidence that the people who stopped going will miss a great season when we finally win the championship. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, die Mannyschaft said:

Needs to be a reduction in price for season tickets as its too expensive plus on the day ticket costs. These are the prices for teams in championship this season. Surprisingly expensive so club will say its on par with others and keep prices same or as I suspect 10% more.

Birmingham City - £250 to £475
Blackburn - £429 to £529
Blackpool - £309 to £54
Bristol City - £380 to £675
Burnley - £365 to £590
Cardiff - £249 to £529
Coventry - £399
Huddersfield - £350
Luton - £430 to £500
Middlesbrough - £514 to £675
Millwall - £385 to £560
Preston - £400 to £535
QPR - £235 to £640
Reading - £299 to £445
Rotherham - £380 to £460
Sheff Utd - £404 to £515
Stoke - £379 to £556
Sunderland - £390 to £498
Swansea - £345
Watford - £438 to £567
West Brom - £329 to £439
Wigan - £379 to £399

All those bar Bristol City and Midlesbro are cheaper than my Season ticket and i dont sit in the most exspensive block. So why on earth do you think Saints will raise them 10%? 

I had a ST up until the Koeman's first season. That was the point I couldn't afford to justify how much it was costing me.

Regardless of price I will get one for me and my lad who will be 16 when the season KO. The whole Championship, L1, Championship ride was the best time I have had. Met loads of good lads, brilliant aways and really felt connected to the club.

I'm hoping to feel like that again because this season, with these losers on the pitch, some complete tools managerially and the "we know how to beat football" people in charge has left me very very deflated, 

• Like 1

I've the will to renew - and don't really want to lose my seat.

But am paying 100% more in rent than 12 months ago. So... May be out of my hands.

Frankly I wouldn't blame anybody for choosing not to renew. Doesn't necessarily mean they're a 'plastic', either.

Do you have genuine faith in Sports Republic fixing this?

Edited by ant
  • Like 1

The money I will receive from the relegation bet I put on in October plus the money I put aside each week, will pay for 2 season tickets 

Whilst fully respecting the decision of many others to give up their tickets, watching Saints is too ingrained in me now although recent visits to St Marys is akin to going to the dentist.

• Like 1

I’ll renew and I’m really looking forward to it.

Less day trippers (hopefully), no VAR and hopefully a few more wins will make it a much better experience. 

Im sick of the PL, I’m glad we’re out of it from a fans perspective, if I’m honest. 

Not expecting the overall price to drop, would imagine it’ll stay the same. They’ll justify it by saying the price per game has dropped given the increase in games. 

• Like 3

On 10/05/2023 at 17:03, LGTL said:

Is anyone arsed in the slightest about this? No embarrassing ourselves even more though by blubbing on the tele or clapping those wankers off the pitch. 

On 13/05/2023 at 18:44, John Boy Saint said:

After 45 years of going down the Saints - I have no emotion anymore and I will not be renewing. 

so why are you this board so often discussing all things Saints? 

Will the ticket be better value than the £290 I paid to see each home win? I don't want to be taken for granted with high prices for an inferior product, and might pick and choose depending on other commitments. I'll certainly still go to many games, but as friends have given up going my regular seat gives me familiar faces but no more than that.

If Sports Republic had any marketing nous they'd drop the prices substantially to get a full ground and a buzz going, maybe get more youngsters along too as they are the future.