The Great Summer Exodus

EBS1980

I think Sully is an inexperienced version of Redmond, with similar lack of end product. Tall Paul unimpresses, and I know the counter arguments about service. Edozie is too light weight. And there is as much chance of Lavia staying as me getting a call up for England!

JWP, Lavia, ABK, Salisu, Che (if he goes) and KWP are the 6 I'm confident we'll sell and get a fee for.

Players like Onuachu, Orsic, Aribo, DCC, Bednarek & Diallo are the ones who I'm worried will end up on our books for a while whilst we're paying the majority of their wages out on loan. Not particularly sure on what to make of what'll happen to Sulemana, as he could definitely play a part for us and I don't see why we'd entertain selling for what'd likely be half of what we just paid, let alone a loan move.

Livramento, Stephens, Sulemana, Edozie, Smallbone, Tella, Alcaraz, Che and Mara are the (realistic) players I'd want us to keep as of right now. There's a few others who I'd be happy to have stick around (Bazunu, Perraud, Lyanco, Bednarek, S. Armstrong(?), Djenepo...) but also couldn't give a shit if they don't. 

Couldn’t care less who goes, they’re all a bunch of wasters. 

The ones with talent will be out of the door, we’ll be stuck with garbage like AA, Lyanco and Bednarek

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Appy said:

Couldn’t care less who goes, they’re all a bunch of wasters. 

The ones with talent will be out of the door, we’ll be stuck with garbage like AA, Lyanco and Bednarek

Bednarek has been pretty good imo, and appears to give a damn which was sadly lacking in many others. More than happy to have a cb pairing of Bednarek and Stephens, with Lyanco and one other.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Toussaint said:

Bednarek has been pretty good imo, and appears to give a damn which was sadly lacking in many others. More than happy to have a cb pairing of Bednarek and Stephens, with Lyanco and one other.

Bednarek? Watch again Fulham’s first goal on Saturday. Lyanco runs across to confront Reed and makes a hash of it and Bednarek rushes across to join him leaving Vinicius and Willian completely unmarked on the edge of our goal area but he slips up and falls on his arse for some reason. He does that a lot. To make matters worse McCarthy has also gone across to his near post. 

What is it about giving opposition players the freedom of our penalty area? Maybe they didn’t notice them because of their black kit. It was Keystone Cops defending.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Toussaint said:

He’s given a damn far too late, look at our defensive record recently, he hasn’t been pretty good, Lyanco is god awful too, I don’t get why people want these wasters to stick around. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

My predictions (which are always wrong but hey ho):

Lavia c£50m + young player in exchange to bring total transfer value closer to £60m - will be to Chelsea or Man City as they have lots of great youngsters

JWP - £25-30m to Villa, West Ham or at a push Newcastle (unlikely though)

ABK - c£20m to mid table prem team or back to Germany

Tella - I think he'll stay but if he goes it won't be for less than £20m.  We have no reason to sell unless he forces a move so Burnley will need to pay over the odds

Salisu - £10-15m. Not sure where though.... Maybe France?

KWP - £20m to West ham or Villa

Moi - free transfer

We could possibly lose Adams or Stuart Armstrong as well, but I'm expecting them to stay.  Don't think we'll sell Alcaraz unless we get a stupid offer

12 hours ago, Behind Enemy Lines said:

Going by how he’s been playing the last few weeks/months, I’d bet KWP already had a deal lined up should we be relegated. 

It would explain his performances. Why try hard, when, if your team is relegated, you get a pay rise and stay in the top division?! 

He bottled a 50/50 on Saturday.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Barsiem said:

My predictions (which are always wrong but hey ho):

Lavia c£50m + young player in exchange to bring total transfer value closer to £60m - will be to Chelsea or Man City as they have lots of great youngsters

JWP - £25-30m to Villa, West Ham or at a push Newcastle (unlikely though)

ABK - c£20m to mid table prem team or back to Germany

Tella - I think he'll stay but if he goes it won't be for less than £20m.  We have no reason to sell unless he forces a move so Burnley will need to pay over the odds

Salisu - £10-15m. Not sure where though.... Maybe France?

KWP - £20m to West ham or Villa

Moi - free transfer

We could possibly lose Adams or Stuart Armstrong as well, but I'm expecting them to stay.  Don't think we'll sell Alcaraz unless we get a stupid offer

Isn’t Moi out of contract anyway?

3 minutes ago, M271 said:

Simon Stone at the bbc says that he has spoken to plenty of agents of Saints players whose clients will be looking to move on.

According to many, most of the players are utter crap that would fair no better under Pep or Klopp....why on earth will anyone buy them?

• Like 1

I'm not convinced that all our players are as bad as people make out. I'm sure some of our underperforming players have a bad attitude, but I would guess that others are just demotivated by the chaos, laziness and negativity around them.  I don't think the average fan knows which players are in which category.  I just hope the management - such as it is - identifies those with bad attitudes and moves them on, while trying their best to keep the others to build some team spirit for next season.

• Like 4

You can probably add Livramento to the list of leavers. if he hadn't of got injured and had played for us this season, he would be one of the 1st snapped up by a bigger club. 

He's far too good for us in the Championship. A good preseason and he will be gone. If not, then certainly by Jan.

I think people on here are vastly overestimating how much we’ll get for certain players. We’re a championship club with players that will be demanding moves, we hold little of the power when it comes to negotiations. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Stubby said:

I'm not convinced that all our players are as bad as people make out. I'm sure some of our underperforming players have a bad attitude, but I would guess that others are just demotivated by the chaos, laziness and negativity around them.  I don't think the average fan knows which players are in which category.  I just hope the management - such as it is - identifies those with bad attitudes and moves them on, while trying their best to keep the others to build some team spirit for next season.

This is clearly the reality, despite what frustrated fans think.  Many of our first team squad will be gone.  That would not be the case if they were crap.

Just terrible, terrible, terrible management of them has caused this mess

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Marsdinho said:

You can probably add Livramento to the list of leavers. if he hadn't of got injured and had played for us this season, he would be one of the 1st snapped up by a bigger club. 

He's far too good for us in the Championship. A good preseason and he will be gone. If not, then certainly by Jan.

He wont leave until at least next January given he will need to prove his fitness before any big money move is made. Clubs arent stupid......well some are 🤣

39 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

This is clearly the reality, despite what frustrated fans think.  Many of our first team squad will be gone.  That would not be the case if they were crap.

Just terrible, terrible, terrible management of them has caused this mess

Yep. A decent manager either in November or January would have got much more out of this squad than Jones and Selles managed to do. While Villa and Wolves upgraded their manager's, we managed to downgrade ours, not once but twice. It takes a monumental fuck up to be able to do that. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Appy said:

He’s given a damn far too late, look at our defensive record recently, he hasn’t been pretty good, Lyanco is god awful too, I don’t get why people want these wasters to stick around. 

some observations I would make, our defensive record hasn't been good recently, true, but, also recently KWP has put his cue in the rack, we  haven't had a left back , AMN has been dreadful, the narrow midfield leaves us exposed, we have gone gung ho at times. 

We will be in the championship, I think they will be an asset.

5 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

I am going for 5 threads by the time the transfer window closes talking about who is going to leave us

I planned on starting one asking which will be the first 5 players/senior staff members will leave first, and when. Kind of a deadpool game.

Then I decided I'm really not that interested.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, RedArmy said:

I think people on here are vastly overestimating how much we’ll get for certain players. We’re a championship club with players that will be demanding moves, we hold little of the power when it comes to negotiations. 

Yep. People are far too optimistic. We'll want the cash to buy players suited to the new manager, and who want to be here. For that to happen we'll need to sell those who don't want to be here. Some people will say that we hold the aces for players under contract, but the reality is that there's no point holding players who aren't committed (and possibly put in Aribo and AMN levels of effort), and we'll only get what someone is willing to pay. 

23 minutes ago, egg said:

Yep. People are far too optimistic. We'll want the cash to buy players suited to the new manager, and who want to be here. For that to happen we'll need to sell those who don't want to be here. Some people will say that we hold the aces for players under contract, but the reality is that there's no point holding players who aren't committed (and possibly put in Aribo and AMN levels of effort), and we'll only get what someone is willing to pay. 

Also, I am intrigued to read posters suggest we will keep Tella no matter what.  

We never do that, let alone in the position we are now in

15 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Also, I am intrigued to read posters suggest we will keep Tella no matter what.  

We never do that, let alone in the position we are now in

Id like to keep him, we need a RW, he’s in the Championship TOTS so should come back to us in good form and high on confidence

But

Everyone has a price.. and he is almost certainly in discussions with Burnley/Us about leaving 

20 hours ago, Killers Knee said:

Who I want to stay:

Bazunu

Lyanco

Lavia

Alcaraz

Sully

Tall Paul

Edozie

The rest can all go.

You wouldn't want KWP and JWP to stay if we can afford it? or even Perraud and Tino? What about ABK, or Tella, or Smallbone? Adams as well would be a great one to keep in the championship.

And lets not even start on the total shitfest that is every single department at the club atm. The less transfer shuffling we have to do the better imo.

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, RedArmy said:

They all have 40% wage reductions allegedly. Most are young players on relatively low wages and long contracts. We get parachute payments. Its not the disaster it is for other clubs... But the disater for saints is that basically every department in the club has not only lost its upper management, but often several of our best staff as well. So even if we could persuade the likes of Lavia and JWP to stay, the chances of us efficiently shifting and replacing the substandard players we have had this season quite low... And thats before we even get to the biggest issue - which is the fact there is seemingly no one competent in place to challenge Rasmus on the appointment of our next manager - based on several rumours / press leaks.... and that is a huge concern.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

They all have 40% wage reductions allegedly. Most are young players on relatively low wages and long contracts. We get parachute payments. Its not the disaster it is for other clubs... But the disater for saints is that basically every department in the club has not only lost its upper management, but often several of our best staff as well. So even if we could persuade the likes of Lavia and JWP to stay, the chances of us efficiently shifting and replacing the substandard players we have had this season quite low... And thats before we even get to the biggest issue - which is the fact there is seemingly no one competent in place to challenge Rasmus on the appointment of our next manager - based on several rumours / press leaks.... and that is a huge concern.

Wilcox is there and I think he’ll reign him in a bit BUT he has literally just got his foot in the door

Im not actually convinced Rasmus is an idiot, just that he believes beyond reason in his ‘ideas

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Stubby said:

Presumably some of the same scouts and recruitment team that recruited some of these tossers is responsible for selecting who goes.

Doesn’t bode well. The last couple of years the scouting & suggestions are better on here than they are by the actual club. 
Hopefully we sack all the scouts at the same time we sack all the players. 

14 hours ago, SaintsLoyal said:

Suprised to see a couple of the names going from Saints women.

Perhaps so .... but a few of those girls .. aren't teenagers any longer and deserve to have a life, having done " the donkey work " 

in getting the club promoted through 3 regional divisions and up to the Championship, and they deserve much credit for that.

Time doesn't stand still and the game is getting faster and more demanding, and some of the juniors look to be good prospects. 

It must have been a hard decision to let them go, but given the club's economy the man's squad will also take many cuts in personnel. 

9 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Adam Armstrong has committed his future to us 

Jurassic Park Dancing GIF by Spotify

He knows he's onto a winner here, not going to get this anywhere else - he'd be stupid not to commit himself really, easy ride for him as he's shown over the last few years.

But I just hope we don't commit our future to him, as that will be a bad day.

• Like 2

Nobody will give us anywhere near our money back for Armstrong. He has proven he can score goals at Championship level and seems like an honest pro.

We may as well keep him as we don't have many players with good EFL experience.

It obviously hasn't worked out but I don't think anyone can argue he doesn't give 100% so have nothing against him personally.

• Like 5

When you start looking through the first team squad it’s shocking how many “bit part” players we have on the books. Irrespective of what money they might fetch, these are the players I think we need to move on as they’ve shown no ability or heart to play at a level commensurate to what’s needed to get out of the Championship…

JWP - his day is done…found out and not Captain material. But something tells me he’ll stay.

Salisu, ABK, DCC, Stephens (suspect his hearts elsewhere now), AMN (out of contract)

Djenepo, Ely (out of contract), Theo (club mascot?), Orsic, Adam Armstrong, Onauchu, Diallo

Players I’m not sure about because they may be good enough with better management and coaching are Edozie, Mara, Che, Bree, Lyanco, Bednarek, Perraud, Stu Armstrong 

I think Tella and Smallbone would be good re-introductions for a new manager to utilise, although assessing how they’ve performed better in different clubs will be important. Last thing we need is for their talent to be crushed in a different system at Saints.

Edited by Saint Fan CaM
Forgot some names!

Just now, Saint Fan CaM said:

When you start looking through the first team squad it’s shocking how many “bit part” players we have on the books. Irrespective of what money they might fetch, these are the players I think we need to move on as they’ve shown no ability or heart to play at a level commensurate to what’s needed to get out of the Championship…

JWP - his day is done…found out and not Captain material. But something tells me he’ll stay.

Salisu, ABK, DCC, Stephens (suspect his hearts elsewhere now), AMN (out of contract)

Djenepo, Ely (out of contract), Theo (club mascot?), Orsic, Adam Armstrong, Onauchu, Diallo

Players I’m not sure about because they may be good enough with better management and coaching are Edozie, Mara, Che

I think Tella and Smallbone would be good re-introductions for a new manager to utilise, although assessing how they’ve performed better in different clubs will be important. Last thing we need is for their talent to be crushed in a different system at Saints.

JwP aint staying....why do fans think this?

8 minutes ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

Don’t think he’ll want to a be a bit part player warming the bench in a lower half club.

He's obviously not going to be that. Part of a squad at a top 6 club most likely.

• Like 1