Bednerak 

Caleta Carr

KWP

JWP fairwell

Lavia fairwell

Alverez 

Theo fairwell 

Tall Paul.

That fast bloke we signed. Salamanca or something.

Time to put the 9-0 to bed. Scousers to win 10-0

Edited by Yorkshire Saint
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Not sure that the board, manager or players give a shyte, and frankly neither do I. After 50 years of supporting this club I don't think I've ever felt so removed from football as I do right now.  We are a shambles from top to bottom and there are no quick fixes. 

• Like 26

24 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

I won’t be going but to those who are, I would suggest a walk out on 70 mins. I think if anything is going to send a message to those running the club, it’s an empty stadium, rather than booing.

70 minutes, that's both sadistic and optimistic. The mass walk out will be around the 54th minute, when a brave battling performance comes crumbling down as our defence gets ripped open twice in the first 10 minutes of the 2nd half.

• Haha 4

29 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

I won’t be going but to those who are, I would suggest a walk out on 70 mins. I think if anything is going to send a message to those running the club, it’s an empty stadium, rather than booing.

Always going to be idiots left clapping them around the pitch at the end of the game. They don’t deserve any support at all. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lighthouse said:

1 hour ago, Golac's Iron Gonads said:

70 minutes, that's both sadistic and optimistic. The mass walk out will be around the 54th minute, when a brave battling performance comes crumbling down as our defence gets ripped open twice in the first 10 minutes of the 2nd half.

1 hour ago, Morse said:

Walk out at 70 mins. 

Why 70 minutes? We’ll be losing heavily by then. Should walk out after 20 minutes when we are only 2-0 down

• Haha 1

Anyone else buzzing for this one? Quite fitting that we wave goodbye to the premier league hosting one of its most successful clubs. (Including everything pre 1992 before football was invented) 

it’s been a great ride and we’re so lucky to have rubbed shoulders with these amazing clubs for 11 years. We WILL be back. Thank you Martin, Toby and all the players who will be leaving for all you’ve done for us. Been great to be part of this league. Don’t be sorry it’s over be glad it happened 

🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

Edited by Turkish
  • Haha 10
  • Confused 1

I was amongst those who suffered excruciating performances during the Branfoot era.

However the club was not relegated under his tenure whilst our performances since the 4-0 shellacking at Villa Park last season have been totally dire (apart from Man City for some odd reason)

Whilst I do understand the reasoning behind buying in young players, improving them and then moving them on, rinse and repeat etc etc.

The absolutely bizarre decision to spend around £48m on Tall Paul, Suiiemani and Orsic was absolutely ridiculous and their contribution to the season has been the square root of fuck all..

The only thing I can think of, at the moment, is for the Board to redeem themselves in a very limited fashion and offer up season tickets at a competitive price, otherwise those of us who will  be daft enough to renew will be sat in a half empty stadium.

Edited by spyinthesky
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, SaintTex said:

i really really hope Newcastle and Man U each pick up a point midweek.

I really really dont want this match to mean anything to Liverpool.

If Newcastle somehow lose to Leicester tomorrow then Liverpool will probably need to beat us by 5 goals to stand a chance of catching them. 

• Sad 1

This game really will be the perfect ending to say goodbye / good riddance to the Premier league 

> bottom of the league

> players couldn't care less 

> thousands of regular season ticket holders sold on the exchange to local Liverpool fans on the database for the ultimate away fans in home areas as tribute to Toby Steele 

> heavy home defeat 

> if we somehow score VAR will chalk it off 

> Liverpool fans will show solidarity with our upset fans at the end by singing you'll never walk alone so they don't miss out on being part of the miserable event 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Away on a stag doo in Germany this weekend, so missing this one sadly, but I’m sure it won’t be particularly enjoyable so maybe it’s good I’m missing it. Stuck tickets on exchange, sold yesterday. Happy days. 

Hopefully it’s a respectable defeat or better, with a bunch on minutes for the players who will be here next season. 

51 minutes ago, madge said:

Not going, I’m away but to be honest I’m not at all bothered. In all my 38 years of watching saints, this is the most desperate season I can recall. 

It has been utterly awful, and the last 11 games before relegation was assured have to be an all time low in terms of “fighting” to avoid the drop. But even so, surely not worse than the Championship relegation season ? 

24 minutes ago, teamsaint said:

It has been utterly awful, and the last 11 games before relegation was assured have to be an all time low in terms of “fighting” to avoid the drop. But even so, surely not worse than the Championship relegation season ? 

I’m not sure you know. At least the players and fans had a bit of fight that season. It was depressing, we all knew we were heading for administration but it was team full of kids who at least had a bit of fight and we as fans had some balls as well. 

this season has been miserable. We’ve all known we were down for months, fans are fed up with losing game after game, players don’t give a shit apart from two or three, we’ve all been desperate for the season to end for months, I don’t remember thinking like that every before 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

Walking out on 70 minutes is going to send absolutely no message to anyone. The moment the bar shuts at half time is the moment the club have taken all the money they can from you so unless you're either not going or leaving before half time, they couldn't give a shit.

• Like 4

Whatever way you cut it it’s going to be an utter spanking with little resistance from a team of players who put down tools months ago. What pockets of quality exist will be nullified by a manager who has no clue how to beat a lower league team, let alone a team of Liverpools standing. I’ll not be at the game and it’s debatable whether I can bring myself to watch another humiliation. If Liverpool score less than 4 and we manage to have more than one shot on goal, I’ll be surprised.

First home game I will be missing intentionally in years.

Last few Liverpool games there has been loads of Liverpool fans around me in the home end, not wearing colours but cheering Liverpool goals, ref decisions that go against them etc... the stewards do nothing about it when made aware and it makes the experience awful, I mean our football does that on its own but the away fans adds another level to it.

At least this shouldn't be a thing in the championship. 

10 hours ago, Fabrice29 said:

Walking out on 70 minutes is going to send absolutely no message to anyone. The moment the bar shuts at half time is the moment the club have taken all the money they can from you so unless you're either not going or leaving before half time, they couldn't give a shit.

It's not going to change the world but, whatever business you're in, customers walking out en masse is never a good thing. It may just hammer the point home that if things don't pick up next season, we wont be back buying more tickets. Then they will give a sh*t.

• Like 1

Just as I stayed through the 0-9 against Leicester, I will be there for this.  The kids wanted to go to see us in the Premier League for what could easily be a long time too.  Expectations are as they have been for some time.  But at least the smug bastards in the directors box, and all their useless cronies will have a nice free lunch and drinks on the money that we daft pricks give them.  

3 minutes ago, Daft Kerplunk said:

Absolutely will be many of them.  All the 'scousers' from Hampshire giving it large and mocking Saints for being relegated will go down well. 

Just remind them that there is a river across the road and it’s deep enough to accommodate all of them.

I reckon don't name a team, just JWP as a farewell, but do a lucky dip of seat numbers to pick the other 10. Anyone with a season ticket this year has suffered enough, let them have a run on the pitch instead to live out a childhood fantasy. It won't exactly make the loss any larger and it would be much for fun for the rest of us watching big Alan who plays for a pub side kick the shit out of Van Dijk for 90 minutes.

12 hours ago, Saint Garrett said:

Away on a stag doo in Germany this weekend, so missing this one sadly, but I’m sure it won’t be particularly enjoyable so maybe it’s good I’m missing it. Stuck tickets on exchange, sold yesterday. Happy days. 

Hopefully it’s a respectable defeat or better, with a bunch on minutes for the players who will be here next season. 

I glad we are already down by the time this one is played. Hate Liverpool at the best of times it their fans giving it large and the fawning over “Bobby” Firmino will be nauseating 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Saint Garrett said:

How do you know if your ticket is sold on the exchange ? Put mine on after the Fulham game and according to the booking website it is no longer available but I dont seem to see any refund in my saints account.

We’re not going. We’re not offering tickets on the exchange as I don’t want scousers going in my place. I think a half time walk out for anyone that does go would be great - have all the clever leaders emerge from their corporate snack and sparkling drink to an empty stadium, not to mention the gutless group of gormless gits playing for us.

Wont happen, obviously. A few thousand will even clap them 🤦🏻‍♂️

I’d spare the kids. Send them on an early holiday and force the losers into one final public embarrassment. The people most in need of spending 90 minutes chasing shadows are IMHO (it’s a tough call in some cases with multiple options to be fair …):

McCarthy

Lyanco ABK Salisu KWP

Eli JWP AMN Aribo 

Armstrong Mara

Edited by Chewy
Typo
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, sad saints fan said:

How do you know if your ticket is sold on the exchange ? Put mine on after the Fulham game and according to the booking website it is no longer available but I dont seem to see any refund in my saints account.

Got an email telling me it’s been sold. 

Selles looking sharp in Zara, a turtle necked matador with an defiant Iberian thrust of the jaw - but no plan.  Semmens sent down by Ramus to put Ruben's P45 in his jacket hanging in the changing room at the start of the second half.  Big Russell, new coat of Wella coal black rinse, as always desperate for possession, expectantly nervous in the stands. 

I genuinely hope Selles plays the full 2022/23 shit-list of mediocrity - Djnepo, Moi, Aribo the ensemble cast of the muppet show.  Then watch the utter cunts comfortably win - Ralph in his recently purchased conservatory in Graz instinctively falling to his knees with a tear in the eye at the final whistle.

Then again, we might just get dicked as per usual...

• Haha 4

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 4-4 Liverpool - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic