Other Games 23/24

skintsaint

Liverpool have released a 'Club Statement' across all their media outlets due to the VAR/or non decision at the weekend.

Everyone suffers with the decisions, look at Wolves on their first game of the season. Did they feel the need to push an official club statement down everyone's throats?

Liverpool FC statement - Liverpool FC

Such a nonsense club. They think they're so special.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Liverpool have released a 'Club Statement' across all their media outlets due to the VAR/or non decision at the weekend.

Everyone suffers with the decisions, look at Wolves on their first game of the season. Did they feel the need to push an official club statement down everyone's throats?

Yeah no need for that. 

VAR was supposed to eliminate the human error element of it, the only criticism should have been how much it slows the game down. The first step they need to take is stop pairing up referees as VAR/match official combos. Hire and train a group of people specifically to run VAR and have them randomly paired, you shouldn't have colleagues/mates working together in a role that literally requires you to say "you're wrong, change your mind in front of millions of people". 

There's also nothing wrong with having the VAR official just overrule the referee on the pitch. IIRC in NFL the referee doesn't go to the screen for every decision. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

Agree. We should take Kevin Friend to court for his blatant incompetence against us over the years.

The year Liverpool won the league, they benefitted from outrageous offside calls 

• Like 1

What a total lowlife. Fortunately his fellow supporters have given a better picture by raising a large sum for end of life care in the North East. Whether he was off his head on cocaine at the time is neither nor there. 31 is plenty old enough to know better. 
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12582117/Man-charged-public-order-offence-picture-six-year-old-cancer-victim-Bradley-Lowery-held-Sunderland-match.html

Edited by Gloucester Saint
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Gloucester Saint said:

What a total lowlife. Fortunately his fellow supporters have given a better picture by raising a large sum for end of life care in the North East. Whether he was off his head on cocaine at the time is neither nor there. 31 is plenty old enough to know better. 
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12582117/Man-charged-public-order-offence-picture-six-year-old-cancer-victim-Bradley-Lowery-held-Sunderland-match.html

Hope someone kicks the shit out of the utter cunt

• Like 1

23 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

To be fair this one was another level of incompetence. VAR weren't even paying attention to the game, thought it hadn't been flagged as offside so said decision stands even though he's clearly onside.

That's not just another VAR blunder, and I can't stand Liverpool. If these people are allowed to carry on doing their "jobs" then there's no hope for VAR.

Last night's PL game between Luton and Burnley was the first time ever that all 22 starting players were not born when the PL came into existence!

As old as I feel now, I am somewhat surprised it's taken this long for that stat to happen.

Leicester look hot favourites at the moment but that can change with a bad run, which I actually think they will have at some stage. I do not think we will make automatic promotion this time around, but I do think it could end up being a very close league this season. Like Leicester, I cannot see Ipswich hanging on to second place. By Christmas it could be a totally different picture with West Brom higher, Leeds I think also have a lot more about them than they showed against us. All in all, it could be one of those rare seasons where no one runs away at the top.

3 minutes ago, east-stand-nic said:

Leicester look hot favourites at the moment but that can change with a bad run, which I actually think they will have at some stage. I do not think we will make automatic promotion this time around, but I do think it could end up being a very close league this season. Like Leicester, I cannot see Ipswich hanging on to second place. By Christmas it could be a totally different picture with West Brom higher, Leeds I think also have a lot more about them than they showed against us. All in all, it could be one of those rare seasons where no one runs away at the top.

I think Leicester will forge ahead and it will be a race for the other automatic promotion spot. They are clearly far superior to any other team in the Championship and I doubt they'll lose many games over the season.

On 05/10/2023 at 12:27, saintant said:

I think Leicester will forge ahead and it will be a race for the other automatic promotion spot. They are clearly far superior to any other team in the Championship and I doubt they'll lose many games over the season.

Let's be honest, a midfield of Winks, Dewsbury-Hall and Ndidi is ridiculously good for this division. 

Birmingham have dumped their manager, who has done better than us so far this season.

But they've dumped him because their new owners want a celebrity appointment in Wayne Rooney. I'd feel pretty deflated if I was a Birmingham fan right now.

• Like 3

Football's weird. Everyone knows that Liam Rosenior was the brains behind Rooney at Derby. Rooney's just been dumped by DC United in the MLS with a 26.4%, while Eustace has Birmingham in the play offs. What more do they expect?

Similar to Bournemouth who dumped O'Neil for a foreign name and haven't won a league game in their first 8. If their manager was called Nathan Jones...

Every now and then you get a Pochettino, but more often than not these decisions turn out wrong.

There's a few things to like about this. The stewards not really giving a shit. The bloke just there on the pitch for ages on his own. The Reading fans running down the steps like they are going to do something but then just standing there. The way he's led off the pitch before having a polite chat with a steward and then being taken right past the Reading fans.

Edited by The Cat
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, The Cat said:

There's a few things to like about this. The stewards not really giving a shit. The bloke just there on the pitch for ages on his own. The Reading fans running down the steps like they are going to do something but then just standing there. The way he's led off the pitch before having a polite chat with a steward and then being taken right past the Reading fans.

I think my favourite bit is the young Reading lad who got through the bottom corner at 15 seconds, then realised there were no stewards between him and Swindon mush, so immediately turned round and ran back to safety. Proper naughty.

• Haha 1

On 11/10/2023 at 00:36, Lighthouse said:

I think my favourite bit is the young Reading lad who got through the bottom corner at 15 seconds, then realised there were no stewards between him and Swindon mush, so immediately turned round and ran back to safety. Proper naughty.

When I was in that part of the world the big rivalry was with Oxford. 

Maybe it’s not worth the trouble if the antagoniser is only a bucket rattler, not a skate…

1 minute ago, AlexLaw76 said:

I see Southgate claims he just cannot understand why Henderson was booed off last night.

Really, Gareth?!

His selection alone justified it. Plus the performance. Plus the other stuff. 

1 hour ago, AlexLaw76 said:

I see Southgate claims he just cannot understand why Henderson was booed off last night.

Really, Gareth?!

To be fair to Southgate I can understand his frustration.  Your average football fan hasn't been made aware that all the various initiatives such as Kick it Out and Respect are only really important when they don't intrude on the important business of making money. 

It must be quite annoying when fans take you at your word when it was only ever pantomime virtue signalling and never intended to be taken that seriously.

• Like 2