Sunderland 5-0 Southampton

coalman

Just now, obelisk said:

Strong squad. Competition for places. Transfer window closed. Confidence high.

So why am I half expecting a defeat? 😐

Would be Saintsy and comes from years of supporting a club that does that sort of thing to us fans. Maybe Saints version: 2023-4 is different...

Maybe...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Harry_SFC said:

Not a fan of Mara starting. Feel like it's a huge game for him. Has to turn up. 

He's still here, RM has shown faith in him, he'll have seen the signings we've made so that should be a huge incentive for him to go out today, play RM's system and work his nuts off to show he's rightfully in the mix.

19 minutes ago, obelisk said:

Strong squad. Competition for places. Transfer window closed. Confidence high.

So why am I half expecting a defeat? 😐

We've had a tough few seasons and are far from unbeatable so there will be bumps in the road. The first four results were good but also could have been different if things hadn't gone our way at crucial moments. Currently I think it's ok to go into games accepting that we might lose. That's where I see us at the moment but the confidence and winning mentality should build as we utilise the new squad and RM finds out his most trusted starting eleven.

31 minutes ago, Saint NL said:

Harsh on Charles to be dropped.

Big chance for Mara, would be nice if he comes good and we have three strikers pushing for that spot :eek:

A strong bench so no excuses for not changing things up if we're not ahead after 65 mins.

I think with younger players they need to have their time 'managed'.

This applies to quite a few of our squad and, thankfully, there is the squad depth to do this.

Look at Sulemana, for example.

Able to introduce him spasmodically eg once or two a season, to help his development!!!!!!!!!!!

I think this is a message from Martin. Alcaraz is obviously class. Mara is obviously crap but last week Charley had his worst game for Saints and Mara had his best so I think it could be Martin saying "No matter how good you are generally if you don't play well, you're being dropped"

• Like 1

I honestly can’t remember the last time I looked at a Saints bench and thought fuck me there’s some real game changers there.

Hopefully we don’t need to change things at HT again as we’re struggling again and we proper go for it from the off.

COYR

Just now, bpsaint said:

I honestly can’t remember the last time I looked at a Saints bench and thought fuck me there’s some real game changers there.

Hopefully we don’t need to change things at HT again as we’re struggling again and we proper go for it from the off.

COYR

And quite incredibly it doesn't even contain Stewart, Sulemana....or Onuachu or Moussa...

• Like 1

• Jimmy_D changed the title to Sunderland 5-0 Southampton Saturday
  • Lighthouse changed the title to Sunderland 5-0 Southampton
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic