January Transfer Window 2024

Master Bates

1 minute ago, Convict Colony said:

Are the welsh in the Euro championships ? if so thats probably the overriding factor in his decision, not access to Russ's hairstylist.

If not I take it back about the hair stylist, he's a wonderful technician of russ's coiffure and well worth joining us.

Not yet - they're in the playoffs, so they could be. He was quoted as saying he wants to play so he's in contention to be part of it whatever happens.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ivan Katalinic's 'tache said:

Genuinely think he could be the difference between playoffs and automatic promotion. The ability to open up a defence when it’s tight could be invaluable (think Rotherham, Huddersfield etc)…

Just need some fucker in the middle to take advantage of it then,... but I agree with you.

• Like 2

Boscombe fans not really happy with it ( well a few on their small forum, everything is small with them)  but if their honest, it's a massive upgrade for him. 

Proper football club, Harry said so. 😁

Edited by RedWillie
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RedWillie said:

Boscombe fans not really happy with it ( well a few on their small forum, everything is small with them)  but if their honest, it's a massive upgrade for him. 

Proper football club, Harry said so. 😁

They're an odd bunch.

Madness. Strategically it’s in our interest to be the dominant club in the geography. Fair enough let Brooks out if it’s the best for him and us but not to Southampton. What a terrible decision.

• Haha 8

1 minute ago, S-Clarke said:

They're an odd bunch.

Madness. Strategically it’s in our interest to be the dominant club in the geography. Fair enough let Brooks out if it’s the best for him and us but not to Southampton. What a terrible decision.

I really dislike them. Dominant club? With a capacity of 12,000 they aren't even above the blue lot. They are clearly worried we are on the way back up.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

I really dislike them. Dominant club? With a capacity of 12,000 they aren't even above the blue lot. They are clearly worried we are on the way back up.

They could spend five years in the Champions League with us in the National League and we’d still be a far bigger club than them. 

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Maggie May said:

Guys, can we make sure we’re using the correct spelling of Brooks going forward? I’ve seen a few Brookes which immediately makes me think Bruno Brookes will be donning the famous red and white.

It’ll take a while, people still refer to our goalkeeper as Bazuna

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

They're an odd bunch.

Well I have the dubious honour of living in Bournemouth and I can confirm they are indeed an odd bunch, still looking for genuine rivals. Very sad.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

To be fair they are looking to build a 20,000 stadium 🤣

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

They're an odd bunch.

Dinlos, they are the "dominant club in the geography". Dorset is their geography and they are doing better than Poole Town, Dorchester and Weymouth. Thick little bumpkins.

• Haha 1

Thought Brooks was out of reach after his performance against Swansea last week and was disappointed that we were unlikely to sign him following that one game. Now, happy, of course. Think he's got a bit more about him than what Benson's got and while Benson could have helped get us over the line, I think Brooks has potential to take the extra step with us.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, beatlesaint said:

Well I have the dubious honour of living in Bournemouth and I can confirm they are indeed an odd bunch, still looking for genuine rivals. Very sad.

Is it not Poole Town?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, TheAlehouseBrawlers said:

Dinlos, they are the "dominant club in the geography". Dorset is their geography and they are doing better than Poole Town, Dorchester and Weymouth. Thick little bumpkins.

Never understood why Hampshire Cricket team played there. Shitty little ground. United Services Ground Portsmouth was much more fun.

Having just seen a very unfit Rothwell come from Bournemouth, it'll be interesting to see Brooks' fitness levels. Given he's only started twice this year and he had that long term injury before his cancer, it may take him a while to get up to speed.

We seem to be in the market for crocks and recovering crocks. Is this SR being too clever for its own good again?

• Confused 3

17 minutes ago, OnceaSaintalwaysaSaint said:

Having just seen a very unfit Rothwell come from Bournemouth, it'll be interesting to see Brooks' fitness levels. Given he's only started twice this year and he had that long term injury before his cancer, it may take him a while to get up to speed.

We seem to be in the market for crocks and recovering crocks. Is this SR being too clever for its own good again?

We will have Brooks, Ezozie, Fraser , SAA wide choices 4 players 2 slots and great subs to come on. Plus Sully

Apparently we were in for Benson but told Burnley to fck off when they insisted the option to buy was £15m ! Switched to Brooks

Edited by Give it to Ron
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, OnceaSaintalwaysaSaint said:

Being too clever? I'd say this is the most no-brainer signing we could have made if he was available.

You got the injury the wrong way round - he got a Hamstring injury after he'd returned from his cancer layoff, well long-term as in the same length as Stephens recent one. No surprise really, in fact it would have been a miracle had he not picked up some form of muscle injury given what his body had been through over the previous 2 years.

He's been injury free for around a year now, just trying to fight his way back into the side.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, OnceaSaintalwaysaSaint said:

By all accounts Brooks bossed Swansea last week. 

• Like 2

Will be delighted if this deal goes through, crazy how our winger options are better in the championship than last season in the PL. Shame there’s no option, same as with Downes/Fraser. On promotion I’m hopeful we could still do a deal for all three. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

Will be delighted if this deal goes through, crazy how our winger options are better in the championship than last season in the PL. Shame there’s no option, same as with Downes/Fraser. On promotion I’m hopeful we could still do a deal for all three. 

The other bonus is the comments from the boscombe brethren - comedy gold.

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Being too clever? I'd say this is the most no-brainer signing we could have made if he was available.

You got the injury the wrong way round - he got a Hamstring injury after he'd returned from his cancer layoff, well long-term as in the same length as Stephens recent one. No surprise really, in fact it would have been a miracle had he not picked up some form of muscle injury given what his body had been through over the previous 2 years.

He's been injury free for around a year now, just trying to fight his way back into the side.

The part I’d say that’s maybe being to clever is basically bringing someone in that will make us have to change things up regarding moving Armstrong from his current rw role ..

when your 22 games unbeaten and smashing everybody anyway with Armstrong top scorer in the league with double digit assists . Moving him about to accommodate brooks does seem like tinkering for the sake of it even though it’s a super signing for this level 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, manji said:

Never understood why Hampshire Cricket team played there. Shitty little ground. United Services Ground Portsmouth was much more fun.

Possibly because Bournemouth is really in Hampshire. Just some silly meddling with county council boundaries in the 1970s.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HarvSFC said:

Thought Brooks was out of reach after his performance against Swansea last week and was disappointed that we were unlikely to sign him following that one game. Now, happy, of course. Think he's got a bit more about him than what Benson's got and while Benson could have helped get us over the line, I think Brooks has potential to take the extra step with us.

Agree, far happier with this than if we'd signed Benson. Could be great for us in the crucial remaining games.

• Like 1

Bazunu, KWP, THB, Bednarek, Manning, Downes, Smallbone, S.Armstrong, Fraser, A.Armstrong, Adams.

Lumley, Stephens, Bree, Charles, Rothwell, Alcaraz, Brooks, Sulemena, Edozie.

Potential match day squad from February. That would take some stopping. Wouldn't even be able to fit in Aribo unless someone is off. 

Edited by Harry_SFC

Brooks is class, my Bournemouth supporting colleague only the other day said we have "no chance" of signing him. An experienced (but still fairly young), talented player like him could be the difference between promotion and not. 

I still have reservations about our defence, I would like one more reinforcement but aside from that I think our squad would be as good as we can make it without upsetting the balance.

• Like 1