Everton - Update: Docked 10 points

The Left Back

Just now, Dman said:

0% chance the points deduction will take place this season. It really should though, considering the breach of rules (I.e cheating) has aided their points total this season, not next..

If they don’t the 3 that go down and possibly the 3 from last season have to appeal surley 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

They can't even sort out a hearing for Toney and he's even admitted to the charges

He'll get a three month ban over the summer with a large part of the ban being served during the close season.

• Like 1

The FA will do…………..F A!

They will do every thing they can to avoid a stain on the “Product” - the Man City can kicked 4 years down the road. They even bailed out our friends down the M27 when their pot ran dry, well there was no pot, they’d sold that too. The PL financed their appearance in the final fixtures of that season to “protect the product”.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, HarvSFC said:

Burnley and Leeds already tried it last year.

They didn't, they threatened to but never went through with it.

Am I right in thinking if - big IF - they did go down anyway but also received a points deduction, as it's a PL punishment it wouldn't apply until/if they ever got promoted again?

6 hours ago, John Boy Saint said:

The FA will do…………..F A!

They will do every thing they can to avoid a stain on the “Product” - the Man City can kicked 4 years down the road. They even bailed out our friends down the M27 when their pot ran dry, well there was no pot, they’d sold that too. The PL financed their appearance in the final fixtures of that season to “protect the product”.

Think the main thing they'll be concerned about is avoiding being sued...  That'll be why Everton and Citeh will only get a slap on the wrist and a punishment that doesn't overly impact their status in the PL

• Like 1

20 hours ago, OttawaSaint said:

Big teams get a tap on the wrist, small(er) teams get the book thrown at them...

Yeah thats true, is it Wigan have had points deducted cos they couldnt pay their players last month ?

I mean, bloody hell, thats punishing the players who are the victims too isnt it ?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, beatlesaint said:

Yeah thats true, is it Wigan have had points deducted cos they couldnt pay their players last month ?

I mean, bloody hell, thats punishing the players who are the victims too isnt it ?

I know it was probably nigh on 30 years ago, and not sure of what they actually did, but didn't Swindon get demoted to the fourth division?

45 minutes ago, beatlesaint said:

is that a different offence?

Nothing will happen. The PL is rife with fixing and other irregularities to favour the ‘big’ clubs. Not that I consider Everton a big club as such, but there’ll be a contingent of influential people in the EFL and PL that will work to ensure Everton don’t suffer.

Edited by Saint Fan CaM

2 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Some of these comments don't make any sense.  Why would the PL report Everton for financial issues if they are then going to cover it up?  Why wouldn't they just cover it up in the first place and save a whole lot of hassle?

It makes sense to me, the PL have to be transparent, it's a greater risk to them to be caught covering things up than it is to hit Everton with the proverbial "wet lettuce leaf". Which is what will happen as Everton seem to be one of the favoured clubs. 

• Like 3

Precious little chance of this coming off this season, given length of time needed for judgement/appeal etc. So although it sounds possible, doubt if it has any more legs than Man City getting a slap on the wrists. If it was us, we'd have doubtless been thrown to the bottom of league one...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Toussaint said:

It makes sense to me, the PL have to be transparent, it's a greater risk to them to be caught covering things up than it is to hit Everton with the proverbial "wet lettuce leaf". Which is what will happen as Everton seem to be one of the favoured clubs. 

Also, they are wanting to show that at least they show some teeth (at the very early stages) against any incoming regulator.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Everton always equals Fuckin' Adrian Heath to me, not that I'm bitter.  I feel sorry for their fans but its been a complete basket case of a club for a number of years now.  Given the 3 that went up last season, I thought they'd miss out on relegation again but looks like shit is about to get interesting. 

Edited by notnowcato
stray apostrophe, must have happened whilst stroking my beard

19 minutes ago, niceandfriendly said:

Premier League cannot allow a points deduction for Everton. Where would our manager and subs sit during games if it weren’t for them? #ProtectThePioneers 

Won't we most likely be in the same league next season though...? ;)

Edited by trousers
  • Like 2

I have no particular beef with Everton, my interest is in fairness, so I just hope the pursue some of the more difficult and better resourced targets with equally vigour.

As well as Bournemouth, who should be deducted several hundred points which carry over to subsequent seasons, for FFP breeches, having a joke of a ground and horrible little chav fans.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Toussaint said:

I have no particular beef with Everton, my interest is in fairness, so I just hope the pursue some of the more difficult and better resourced targets with equally vigour.

As well as Bournemouth, who should be deducted several hundred points which carry over to subsequent seasons, for FFP breeches, having a joke of a ground and horrible little chav fans.

Yeah, Bournemouth are one of the biggest fuck yous to FFP, surely. Their revenue must be minimal, yet they've managed to get players ahead of teams like AC Milan. Laughable. Get them in the bin, please.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Dark Munster said:

If they get deducted 12 points this season then the team who finished third from bottom last season should be very pissed off. 
Luckily we were so crap that we comfortably finished bottom. 

Not really, they've benefited from financial doping for the past 3-4seasons, which has directly impacted us (and all other clubs) in the cost of survival. They really should be kicked out of the league regardless and handed a transfer ban. Be interesting to see if the prem has requested the 12point deduction to try and seem harsh and limit the reputational damage to the league, and/or whether the reviewer will push for a tougher (more deserved) penalty.

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Everton - Update: Docked 10 points