Everton - Update: Docked 10 points

The Left Back

On 25/10/2023 at 15:19, notnowcato said:

Everton always equals Fuckin' Adrian Heath to me, not that I'm bitter.  I feel sorry for their fans but its been a complete basket case of a club for a number of years now.  Given the 3 that went up last season, I thought they'd miss out on relegation again but looks like shit is about to get interesting. 

I was there too. No true Saints fan can feel anything but happiness at karma catching up with Everton. That was OUR  cup that year, the fuckers. 

Edited by gio1saints
  • Like 2

On 25/10/2023 at 15:29, SW5 SAINT said:

Indeed, I don’t Everton in the same league as us next season. Careful what you wish for…..!

I said this last year. No way do we want Everton blocking our route back.

They are a big club, we hate them obviously, but they have a heritage we cannot get near. They'll be a magnet for foreign investment. They can draw on a decent academy, and the media will be all over them..... nightmare.

They'll have issues obviously, but they'll have enough to bounce back.

I'm desperate to see them down here, but not while we are in the pit.

1 hour ago, macca155 said:

They are a big club, we hate them obviously, but they have a heritage we cannot get near. They'll be a magnet for foreign investment. They can draw on a decent academy, and the media will be all over them..... nightmare.

Agreed. We're unlucky enough to have Leicester and Leeds down here with us instead of the likes of Burnley and Bournemouth, nevermind Everton as well. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, macca155 said:

The punishment for everton should be guaranteed demotion and a multi year transfer embargo.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Master Bates said:

I would imagine any legal case we take out should be against the league itself. Total failure to enforce the ffp spending caps over multiple leagues, which therefore allowed Everton to deliberately and continuously overspend vs direct rivals to survive against relegation, and in so doing, increase the costs for all other clubs trying to compete/survive.

• 3 weeks later...

If this is based on last season's finances, what are the chances of Saints/Leeds/Leicester kicking up a fuss and starting a legal battle? 10 point deduction applied to last season would have them in 19th (1 point ahead of us!) and Leicester would have survived.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SNSUN said:

If they don't get it overturned they'll still survive because they're a lucky bunch of lucky bastards. Goal difference - you heard it here first.

yeah they wont go down, thiose three that came up, plus Bournemouth will make sure they crawl out of the shite.

Just now, Raging Bull said:

I couldn’t care less about any other club other than us. But I do find it laughable that Man City have 115 charges against them and nothing’s happening to them. 

They're kicking it down the road so far in the hope people forget about it, when they come to debate it again in 2050

6 minutes ago, igsey said:

If this is based on last season's finances, what are the chances of Saints/Leeds/Leicester kicking up a fuss and starting a legal battle? 10 point deduction applied to last season would have them in 19th (1 point ahead of us!) and Leicester would have survived.

https://www.cityam.com/everton-could-be-sued-for-300m-by-leeds-leicester-and-burnley-reports/

5 minutes ago, Raging Bull said:

I couldn’t care less about any other club other than us. But I do find it laughable that Man City have 115 charges against them and nothing’s happening to them. 

Well they have more money than Everton and can keep putting up obstacles for the authorities to stumble at before finding out anything useful for a conviction. It needs a courageous whistleblower to come forward. 

Ten points is probably not going to hurt them too much such is the state of the league this year,  it couldn't have happened at a better time for them. They will only lose out financially for the pay out for league places at the end of the season.   Had those points been deducted retrospective (as perhaps they should've been) that would've been a whole different ballgame. 

Should be guaranteed relegation rather than a points deduction - that way it would be a proper deterrent for others doing the same.

Unfortunately most likely this will be overturned and the PL will pat themselves on the back on another piece of propaganda successfully landing and the cheating can continue.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Mattio said:

Leicester should go in all guns blazing for a pay out - they're going up this season anyway and a ton of money from Everton would help rebuild the squad they had to decimate because of their relegation. 

*EDIT - ...as they're the ones that suffered relegation instead of Everton.

Edited by SNSUN
  • Like 1

I doubt they'll get very far with an appeal. This has nothing to do with player trading/transfers. This is all cos some clever sod thought they'd get away with a fiddle on interest payments for the new ground......alledgedly !

Edited by beatlesaint

How convenient for them that instead of them being punished when this first came about they get to take the punishment in a season when Burnley, Luton, Sheffield United and Bournemouth are all fucking shite. 

If they stay up this season then the rules are a waste of time. 

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Saint NL said:

For financial reasons.

Immediate deduction, what a difference that could have made last season (not for us, we were shit).

Brace yourself for the "first club in premier league history to be docked points and survive" big club mantra.

Reality is that they should absolutely be demoted, and i would expect legal cases from burnley and Leicester (for the last 2 seasons) to be heading the way of the league/Everton for financial offences / failure to enforce the agreed spending limit rules.

27 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Hell of a season to take a 10 point hit. Come on Luton

Best season for taking a 10 point deduction. The other teams are terrible - Everton aren’t even 20th. It should have been given last season, and then giving compensation and a return for the last placed team in the league (most disadvantaged). The only fair way. 

• Like 2

If they are relegated and Saints are still in the Championship, that's just going to be a nuisance.

Just making it harder for Saints.

As someone said above, Leicester should be 'seeing them in court' asap. They are the victims of Everton's financial shenanigans. They can point out that they didn't spend money they didn't have.

However Everton seem to be in reasonable form atm, so it's all academic, they'll survive.

4 minutes ago, macca155 said:

If they are relegated and Saints are still in the Championship, that's just going to be a nuisance.

Just making it harder for Saints.

As someone said above, Leicester should be 'seeing them in court' asap. They are the victims of Everton's financial shenanigans. They can point out that they didn't spend money they didn't have.

However Everton seem to be in reasonable form atm, so it's all academic, they'll survive.

We'll have fooked up royally if we're still in the championship. I think we have the best 11 in the league player wise.

1 hour ago, Raging Bull said:

The case is still ongoing. However they have so much cash to pay the best lawyers they'll probably come out of it ok.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Everton - Update: Docked 10 points
On 27/03/2023 at 10:10, Toussaint said:

It makes sense to me, the PL have to be transparent, it's a greater risk to them to be caught covering things up than it is to hit Everton with the proverbial "wet lettuce leaf". Which is what will happen as Everton seem to be one of the favoured clubs. 

Frankly this is a load of conspiratorial tosh.