Sekou Mara

SuperSAINT

3 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

My gut feeling is we'll bring in another striker as well as Mara, who has a bit more experience

I still reckon there's a chance we might get Ings back on a one year deal (just a hunch, nothing more)

• Like 2

Just now, Saint Garrett said:

I can't see that happening personally. His ego being the main reason...

Don't get me wrong, I think it's more unlikely than likely, but I'm wondering if we've totally ruled it out as an option....?

45 minutes ago, Dman said:

That article may compare him to Mbappe, but having only scored 6 goals, I’d say he’s probably more comparable to Shane Long? 

No. That goals / games ratio is very similar to Broja for us last season actually, since he also got 6. Shane Long's was much worse

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Give it to Ron said:

Why do you think we won’t sign someone else and relying on him?

Because I think we’re still in for Liam Delap on loan as well, so we have four strikers. 
I can’t see us changing formation because of RH’s stubbornness so I think we’re after two players per position.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tunit said:

No. That goals / games ratio is very similar to Broja for us last season actually, since he also got 6. Shane Long's was much worse

Clearly, comparing him to Long was a joke. 

46 minutes ago, Dman said:

Could you not also argue, lavia, Banzunu are also on their way down (after leaving city for us..?)

Funny how some people spin things, isn’t it. 

FWIW neither are on their way down and someone like Lingaard would massively improve us (not saying we should pay 180k a week for him btw)

lingaard might improve us (on his day) but hes just another overrated could have been,more interested in social media rather than what Manchester united first saw in him,bit like Rashford in that sense of very much overwhelmingly underachieving. On another quick point are we sure ralph wants all these youngsters?............dont remember many being given the chance to play themselves into contention last season,or just maybe they werent that good?

11 minutes ago, tajjuk said:

Continues the summer signings trait of non-small players, I think every single one of our signings has been at least 6 foot. The entire team is going to tower over JWP at this rate! 

A good thing. We've been lacking size, pace and power for far too long.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, redkeith said:

If Bordeaux do avoid an extra relegation because of this, I will definitely ware  a Saints shirt next time I go to watch them. We may have saved their bacon. 

Just be careful, it’s not safe to walk the streets of Bournemouth these days despite us helping to save the bucket-rattlers all those years ago, you’ll no doubt soon be no more than a “hated scummer” (oh, there go my sides...) in that part of France!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Because I think we’re still in for Liam Delap on loan as well, so we have four strikers. 
I can’t see us changing formation because of RH’s stubbornness so I think we’re after two players per position.

But weren’t (aren’t) we trying to convince that Dembele bloke to join?  Clearly the club do have plans for a more experienced striker. 

38 minutes ago, Daft Kerplunk said:

Looks very promising. Let’s hope he follows in the footsteps of previous Toulon Tournament top scorers like Thierry Henry, Jean-Pierre Papin, Alan Shearer and so on.

Ok, unless he turns out to be the perfect mix of Henry, Shearer and Papin, I shall be incredibly disappointed... 😁

• Haha 1

Don't know anything about the lad but if it's alongside another new striker then seems like it could be a decent bit of business.

His stats are very similar to Sesko, who seems to be quite highly rated.  Pretty similar goal return per minutes played plus he's in a harder league than the Austrian one and for a team that doesn't piss all over the opposition.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, redkeith said:

I was volunteering in the press box for that one. Sat right in line with the Bale free kick and thought, blimey that keepers got his angles all wrong for that one. 

The Stadium is owned by Bordeaux council, and they are prepared to waive the €5M a year rent to help the club survive this year. Apparently the running costs were one of the reasons they lost so much money. 

They had a great team, and won L1 at the old ground, but by the time they moved to the new ground, the team had been sold, and they never really invested in a new team to fill the new ground.   If they do survive this year, they will only open the lower tier . 

Yep, we were in the Slovenian end (they were friendly but mental) along with half of Wales. Decided to film this free kick as .... well I'd seen Bale do this before. Hell of a game and I'm not even Welsh!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

I don’t think the Delap thing is on going by recent things. Can see him in Championship and I think this is instead of Delap who has no experience either.

Edited by Give it to Ron

Just now, Give it to Ron said:

I don’t think the Delap thing is on going by recent things. Can see him in Championship and I think this is instead of Delap who has no experience either.

I think this too. Hopefully we can get Dembele or Ings back too.

Looks a decent signing but our supporters are going to have to develop their 'being patient' skills. Younger players need time to bed in, find their feet etc etc. In particular they'll be susceptible to the vibes coming from the stands. Someone like Ings has been around and has a reservoir of achievements to fall back on, he isn't immune but probably able to take more flak. Armstrong is a case in question, I saw him away at Burnley and he looked on fire, didn't score but oozed confidence, and there wasn't a hint of needing two touches. Go forward 6 months and he looked broken, our management need to up their game to avoid this. Similarly playing Tino for 90 minutes full on, for the first half of the season was an error IMO. He was blowing on 65 minutes and personally I think he needed a bit more nurturing.

Cue first game of the season and me shouting at a 16 yo to pull his finger out 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, macca155 said:

Looks a decent signing but our supporters are going to have to develop their 'being patient' skills. Younger players need time to bed in, find their feet etc etc. In particular they'll be susceptible to the vibes coming from the stands. Someone like Ings has been around and has a reservoir of achievements to fall back on, he isn't immune but probably able to take more flak. Armstrong is a case in question, I saw him away at Burnley and he looked on fire, didn't score but oozed confidence, and there wasn't a hint of needing two touches. Go forward 6 months and he looked broken, our management need to up their game to avoid this. Similarly playing Tino for 90 minutes full on, for the first half of the season was an error IMO. He was blowing on 65 minutes and personally I think he needed a bit more nurturing.

Cue first game of the season and me shouting at a 16 yo to pull his finger out 

You are correct but what concerns me with buying all these young players is our opponents, whether that be game by game, or more importantly in the jostle to avoid relegation will not have any "being patient" skills, they see weakness and they will go for the jugular and how we cope with that is a big worry for me.  

1 minute ago, beatlesaint said:

You are correct but what concerns me with buying all these young players is our opponents, whether that be game by game, or more importantly in the jostle to avoid relegation will not have any "being patient" skills, they see weakness and they will go for the jugular and how we cope with that is a big worry for me.  

Oh yes, history shows that a skillful youngster can soon be intimidated by a 'Vinnie Jones' type player. This is where players like Stephens are essential, he wouldn't stand for that and would make his feelings known. He may have limitations as a defender but his contribution to the team in other ways cannot be understated. The good thing is that gnarly spicy older players aren't as difficult to find as young promising hot shots. Problem is can they play in Ralph's team?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nolan said:

prescient:

Nice very nice, am happy with a lot of aspects of this transfer and this guys potential and suitability to our game based on this report.

It's a model RB Leipzig follow alot getting young french players early as well so don't get the need older players experience, we have decent experience already we need talent/goals.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ivan Katalinic's 'tache said:

I'm pretty sure I read a post on another thread saying Alex Crook said we were close to signing a striker? I guess he meant Mara then? He's on 🔥 re: Saints, comparatively speaking, given he got our lack of interest in Svanberg right and maybe other stuff too?

With crook i always think how often does he know more than us on here and often than not he doesnt.

15 minutes ago, Ivan Katalinic's 'tache said:

I'm pretty sure I read a post on another thread saying Alex Crook said we were close to signing a striker? I guess he meant Mara then? He's on 🔥 re: Saints, comparatively speaking, given he got our lack of interest in Svanberg right and maybe other stuff too?

Some scoop if true. Absolutely no one knew we were in the market for a striker. 

• Haha 3

Bazunu (20)

Tino (19)

Simeu (20)

ABK (20)

Small (17)

Smallbone (22)

Lavia (18)

Diallo (23)

Aribo (25)

Djenepo (24)

Tella (23)

We have the potential to field a very young team this season made up of "first teamers"! Average age 21. Mara would lower it more. (Obviously we would never field this team, it's just a possible.)

Edited by SNSUN

17 minutes ago, Ivan Katalinic's 'tache said:

And the Daily Express predicted this week's heatwave.... ;) 

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Midfield_General said:

Who is this Lingaard person, Matthew? I’ve heard of Lingard, but not Lingaard. Who is he? Can you explain who this player is please, citing sources? 

I used the same spelling as the person I was making the point to. DMan called him Lingaard! 

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Sekou Mara