Kyle Walker-Peters

Saint-Armstrong

8 hours ago, Toadhall Saint said:

You obviously have some kind of affinity to them. I choose to stand against racism where as you make excuses for them.  I reiterate they have no place in modern society front page news or not.

The irony of this is that it’s an absolutely textbook example of exactly what I’m talking about. I said absolute nothing racist or in any way supportive of anyone else who said something racist, yet you chose to post the bit in bold. Why, because you’ve given yourself a small hit of endorphins, by reaffirming that you’re slightly better morally than someone else. People get addicted to that kind of thinking and there is an endless supply of trolls all too eager to provide the morally inferior viewpoint in exchange for some attention. The media of course are all too happy to be the middle man and profit from this with likes, clicks, adverts, etc.

8 hours ago, Saint_Jonny said:

I have the unpopular opinion that if you want to access a major social media platform and shout your mouth off to billions of others, you should have to provide ID in the same way you do for a bank account. No hiding then.

Will never happen, mind.

That’s not unpopular at all. In fact it’s hugely popular with the governments of Russia, China, Turkmenistan, Burma, Afghanistan, Syria and North Korea. They would absolutely love to know the identities of everyone posting everything online. The very few people who dare to speak up against them usually do so anonymously, in fear of their lives. So no, it will never happen and a good thing that is too. In principle your right to post online is no different to your right to speak verbally face to face. Imagine if the government announced tomorrow that every time you went out in public, you were required to carry an I.d. microchip so that every word you said in public could be recorded and cross-referenced with your identity. There’d be riots.

Even if, by some absolute miracle, you managed to convince every country in the world to agree to this I.d. database AND agree a moral code which every country in the worlds agrees upon, for what is and isn’t acceptable to post online, AND get every country to police it seriously when countries like Somalia, Yemen and Haiti barely have a functioning government at all… people will still find ways around it. People will photoshop fake I.D.s, they will hack other peoples accounts, they will leave their accounts logged in on public devices and even if these things don’t happen people will claim they did if they get caught.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

People do this shit for exactly this sort of reaction, by giving it to them we are just fuelling the fire. The best way to stop this happening is to stop talking about it. Let the social media companies and the police deal with it in the background if possible but stop this outraged nationwide reaction where we are all dumbfounded that somebody would post mean things and then we talk for ages about the radical changes we need to make to stamp it out. 

• Like 2

Yes not much chance of abuse ending any time soon unless you live in a dictatorship . Twitter has already got worse since Musk took over and sacked loads of staff .

The one thing that would make a change , not necessarily for the better , would to make the firms responsible for what is published like the rest of media .

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Utterly vile that this still goes on. Racism is abhorrent, I hate it. Really hate it. 

Though my god, there are so many posturing, wet lettuces online. Bombarding Man United with demands to condemn racism. Errr, really?

What is wrong with people today? If you feel that strongly, prove it. Stop screaming morally correct snippets to attract a Twitter gamer girlfriend. 

Stop relentlessly sending love hearts to KWP and telling him you stand with him. Ugh, it all sounds so insincere.

I really do get the impression a lot of people online are completely inauthentic and only say certain things for their own ends, not because they genuinely care for the cause.

Take it for what it is: Some bottlejob uneducated, thick as mince keyboard c**ts have proven themselves to be what they are; nasty and gutless on the internet - chances are, they won’t get very far in actual real life.

Besides, they most likely live completely  pointless, amoebic, moronic existences already. 

It’d be lovely to have all of these people dealt with but chances are there’s too many, spread too far and wide and it’s an all too common occurrence daily. They’ll always be a prick out there, no matter how much educating and informing you do, or banning, or sentencing. 

Edited by Crab Lungs
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Crab Lungs said:

Utterly vile that this still goes on. Racism is abhorrent, I hate it. Really hate it. 

Though my god, there are so many posturing, wet lettuces online. Bombarding Man United with demands to condemn racism. Errr, really?

What is wrong with people today? If you feel that strongly, prove it. Stop screaming morally correct snippets to attract a Twitter gamer girlfriend. 

Stop relentlessly sending love hearts to KWP and telling him you stand with him. Ugh, it all sounds so insincere.

I really do get the impression a lot of people online are completely inauthentic and only say certain things for their own ends, not because they genuinely care for the cause.

Take it for what it is: Some bottlejob uneducated, thick as mince keyboard c**ts have proven themselves to be what they are; nasty and gutless on the internet - chances are, they won’t get very far in actual real life.

Besides, they most likely live completely  pointless, amoebic, moronic existences already. 

It’d be lovely to have all of these people dealt with but chances are there’s too many, spread too far and wide and it’s an all too common occurrence daily. They’ll always be a prick out there, no matter how much educating and informing you do, or banning, or sentencing. 

Spot on. Lots of people just doing all this stuff to show how much they care, it’s all very look at me. Plenty of it on this forum as well. A lot of people desperate to be the most outraged and upset. 

like you say the people coming out this stuff are with as you described or people living thousands of miles away, didn’t they say a lot of the abuse Rashford and Saka got after the Euro final came from Asia? A small percentage actually in this country. 

• Like 2

There’s multiple things that could be done but would cost rich people a lot of money and powerful people a lot of pride. Can’t see it happening but feel like this would be a good place to start:

- ID and verification for people in those countries willing to support

- Teams set up within social media companies to react quickly on flagged offensive terms ‘n*****’, ‘monkey + saka’ etc 

- Laws passed in those countries willing to punish at a level that deters offenders

- Sanctions and limited access to those countries not willing to subject themselves to increased policing

6 hours ago, ChrisPY said:

There’s multiple things that could be done but would cost rich people a lot of money and powerful people a lot of pride. Can’t see it happening but feel like this would be a good place to start:

- Teams set up within social media companies to react quickly on flagged offensive terms ‘n*****’, ‘monkey + saka’ etc 

- Laws passed in those countries willing to punish at a level that deters offenders

- Sanctions and limited access to those countries not willing to subject themselves to increased policing

Then you have VPNs

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ChrisPY said:

Yeah great plan, let’s introduce Big Brother because of a few Melons on the internet. 

What awful suggestions. Why should everyone give up their anonymity and freedom because of a few rotten apples?

The stuff you’re mentioning is straight out of 1984 or communist China and could all be weaponised against people. Best to avoid that at all costs IMO. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Osvaldorama said:

Yeah great plan, let’s introduce Big Brother because of a few Melons on the internet. 

What awful suggestions. Why should everyone give up their anonymity and freedom because of a few rotten apples?

The stuff you’re mentioning is straight out of 1984 or communist China and could all be weaponised against people. Best to avoid that at all costs IMO. 

Don’t agree with this level of sensationalism.

We already live in a country where the government along with a few billion pound businesses know who I am, where I work, how much I earn, where I spend my money, who I live with etc.

They’ve already got more than enough information about me, without the words I use on the internet, if they wanted to introduce the sort of controlling measures you’re hinting at.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Osvaldorama said:

Easy to say when you aren't on the receiving end

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 months later...

Maybe a controversial opinion since most love him .. but i think kwp has been another big problem in our style of play .. with the two man immobile cm pairing used most of the time last year the two cms have trouble carrying the ball, therefore a lot of our attacks run through kwp- trouble with kwp is he is so so Indirect and twists and turns and twists again and dilly dallys on the ball,only many times to play it back to jwp anyway .I think he slows down our already tedious slow build up play even more and gives opposition defense even more time .. u hardly ever see him just make a direct run and get a cross or shot in, it’s always twist and turn and twist and turn..

like I say I think a lot of this starts with the 2man mf behng so immobile but I think kwp doesn’t help much here 

I think your more likely to get something from perraud over kwp in terms of end product and stats say the same even though both poor.. but considering how much of our attacks run through kwp I just wanted to comment on it 

Edited by pimpin4rizeal
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

Maybe a controversial opinion since most love him .. but i think kwp has been another big problem in our style of play .. with the two man immobile cm pairing used most of the time last year the two cms have trouble carrying the ball, therefore a lot of our attacks run through kwp- trouble with kwp is he is so so Indirect and twists and turns and twists again and dilly dallys on the ball,only many times to play it back to jwp anyway .I think he slows down our already tedious slow build up play even more and gives opposition defense even more time .. u hardly ever see him just make a direct run and get a cross or shot in, it’s always twist and turn and twist and turn..

like I say I think a lot of this starts with the 2man mf behng so immobile but I think kwp doesn’t help much here 

I think your more likely to get something from perraud over kwp in terms of end product and stats say the same even though both poor.. but considering how much of our attacks run through kwp I just wanted to comment on it 

You’re watching a different KWP to me. He’s more direct and better on the right, his natural side, but I don’t see he slows down our attacks

• Like 1

KWP was a fantastic player for us. Dave Merrington described him as playing "with a chuckle in his boots". But that was eroded by both the messing about with playing on the left rather than the right and lining up with players who couldn't react to what he did anyway. Next season he will be playing for a much better side and then in the England squad for the Euros.

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, beatlesaint said:

You’re watching a different KWP to me. He’s more direct and better on the right, his natural side, but I don’t see he slows down our attacks

Like I said because of the imobility of jwp and the 2 man midfield kwp is relied upon as one of our main ball carriers ..for all the possession he had he managed one goal and no assists!

is that good enough ? It’s not like he’s not in dangerous areas he’s all around the box .. but instead of actually doing anything majority of the time just does twists and turns .. only time a decent passage of play happens through him is when he twists and turns and passes back to jwp to get a cross in 

A good player for us is an average player in a good team.

This season KWP changed his name to MIA for this season, 1 goal and 0 assists, rated the 8th best player in our squad on whoscored, the maligned perraud has 2 goals and 2 assist.

KWP skips past people and then does nothing with it, he's just a more experienced edozie

Edited by Convict Colony
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, beatlesaint said:

I actually agree with him. KWP looks great because he is a direct dribbler and he does take people on. But that comes at the expense of a progressive pass or a quick cross. 

I remember last game JWP made a great run down the line to get into a great position to make a cross and all it needed was a simple pass. Instead KWP chose to take on another man and we ended up back at the keeper.

One example yes, but for me the fact he dribbles so much actually holds up our passing game, too often he takes on one man too many and we end up going backwards instead of forwards.

Saying that I do think he is a great player, but he needs to learn how to find a pass quicker.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

58 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

This season KWP changed his name to MIA for this season, 1 goal and 0 assists, rated the 8th best player in our squad on whoscored, the maligned perraud has 2 goals and 2 assist.

KWP skips past people and then does nothing with it, he's just a more experienced edozie

He has played out of position virtually the whole season. When he is at right back he causes havoc for the opposition. Infact, he was probably our biggest threat going forward when at RB 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

Absolutely and perraud sees a lot less of the ball then kwp too..

Our attack actually  runs through kwp a hell of a lot .he’s been used almost like a wide playmaker when we are in possession .and with all that possession has contributed next to nothing bar keeping the ball and twisty runs.

at one stage he was getting hyped up that he was on par with TAA and Reece James etc but they are absolute goal and assist machines whilst kwp flatters to deceive ..

to be honest if he goes he goes .. bring on livramento 

Just now, pimpin4rizeal said:

Absolutely and perraud sees a lot less of the ball then kwp too..

Our attack actually  runs through kwp a hell of a lot .he’s been used almost like a wide playmaker when we are in possession .and with all that possession has contributed next to nothing bar keeping the ball and twisty runs.

at one stage he was getting hyped up that he was on par with TAA and Reece James etc but they are absolute goal and assist machines whilst kwp flatters to deceive ..

to be honest if he goes he goes .. bring on livramento 

The amount of times I have seen him skin his man and then look up and nothing is there. That’s why he has so little assists. 

his pass going forward is Walcott who is the other side of the pitch or Alcatraz way behind him. To call him out now I think is nuts 

• Like 2

As with all positions in our squad, it completely depends on what the Manager and Coaching staff are telling them what to do. 

Honestly these players have come through academies either in the UK or around the world. 

The stats show that a young player going through the system has a 0.01% chance of playing one game in the Prem. ( I may have got my .% wrong and I can’t be bothered to look it up in in the EFL and Prem 1000 pages of blurb or the Calvin references).

Sorry but these are all good players to get where they are, with a bit of luck granted. 

There are so many fantastic players that don’t get anywhere near League level because the coaching and Manager from top to bottom of the pyramid are just not good enough. 

I do take the players side in a lot of this, fine if they don’t have the work ethic or are happy to take a payday, but a decent Coach / Manager even Club owner should spot this a mile away.

• Like 1

He's been terrific for us since he came, but last season he simply did not do any of the things he has been doing well, which is creating that little bit of time and space for himself, starting attacks and really taking on opponents to turn defence into attack. We've seen almost nothing from him in that regard all season, he's got lost somewhere and somehow.

His crossing has never been good but it really showed as we were desperate for some ball in the box. 

Maybe opponents worked him out. Maybe he lost a little confidence. I don't know, but whatever happened, it really took something away from our attack. 

Defensively, he has been OK, but not sure he has `locked down' opposing wingers or stopped enough crosses coming in.  Playing him at left back has worked on a few occasions, but not all.

I wonder what his market is this summer. I thought he might be a Palace type player maybe?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

I’ve thought this for a long time…. Got berated for it though

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

Like I said because of the imobility of jwp and the 2 man midfield kwp is relied upon as one of our main ball carriers ..for all the possession he had he managed one goal and no assists!

is that good enough ? It’s not like he’s not in dangerous areas he’s all around the box .. but instead of actually doing anything majority of the time just does twists and turns .. only time a decent passage of play happens through him is when he twists and turns and passes back to jwp to get a cross in 

Calling JWP and Lavia immobile is quite the take tbh but here we are

Yeah, this is a totally odd take. How can our best players be the problem with our 'style?'

Surely the problems, if we're talking player personal, were with the likes of Elyounoussi, Adam Armstrong, Moussa etc. To call out KWP as a 'problem' is pretty far fetched to say the least.

JWP I give you in that he's immobile, but Lavia? have you watched him?

• Like 2

On 14/03/2023 at 00:30, Lighthouse said:

The irony of this is that it’s an absolutely textbook example of exactly what I’m talking about. I said absolute nothing racist or in any way supportive of anyone else who said something racist, yet you chose to post the bit in bold. Why, because you’ve given yourself a small hit of endorphins, by reaffirming that you’re slightly better morally than someone else. People get addicted to that kind of thinking and there is an endless supply of trolls all too eager to provide the morally inferior viewpoint in exchange for some attention. The media of course are all too happy to be the middle man and profit from this with likes, clicks, adverts, etc.

That’s not unpopular at all. In fact it’s hugely popular with the governments of Russia, China, Turkmenistan, Burma, Afghanistan, Syria and North Korea. They would absolutely love to know the identities of everyone posting everything online. The very few people who dare to speak up against them usually do so anonymously, in fear of their lives. So no, it will never happen and a good thing that is too. In principle your right to post online is no different to your right to speak verbally face to face. Imagine if the government announced tomorrow that every time you went out in public, you were required to carry an I.d. microchip so that every word you said in public could be recorded and cross-referenced with your identity. There’d be riots.

Even if, by some absolute miracle, you managed to convince every country in the world to agree to this I.d. database AND agree a moral code which every country in the worlds agrees upon, for what is and isn’t acceptable to post online, AND get every country to police it seriously when countries like Somalia, Yemen and Haiti barely have a functioning government at all… people will still find ways around it. People will photoshop fake I.D.s, they will hack other peoples accounts, they will leave their accounts logged in on public devices and even if these things don’t happen people will claim they did if they get caught.

This will happen! Surveillance is now encroaching on many people’s lives and it will happen to you too….

1984 is upon us now and within the next generation it will become even more Orwellian …

I am now tracked 24 hrs a day ( no I am not a criminal) Am

now told by government that cameras are next - 24 hrs a day… So, it’s happening… Unfortunately because government pick off gradually no one says stop… 

• Like 1

So we’re now blaming our genuinely proven Prem players for our terrible season. JWP is ‘immobile’ (please look that word up in the dictionary) and KWP has no end product. 
Dear oh dear. I’ll give you neither have reached previous highs but they were still the better players this year (and in my opinion managed badly)

• Like 6

Funnily enough he has still managed to be one of the best FBs as far as carries is concerned in all the T5 leagues, it is actually a stat that surprised me a little when I read it.. because like many have said its felt like he’s had a poor year overall

Ive never thought he was a brilliant defensive FB but then the game these days is effectively full of these types, adding attacking intent from FB and lacking strength defensively

I just think teams found us out, forcing us inside when we attack and exploiting our weaker flanks when we defend, his constant stop start through injuries and flipping from RB to LB probably hasn’t helped either

Either way he is still one of our best players, likely in the top 3 and will probably be well sought after for anyone around mid table in the prem

15 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

Yeah, this is a totally odd take. How can our best players be the problem with our 'style?'

Surely the problems, if we're talking player personal, were with the likes of Elyounoussi, Adam Armstrong, Moussa etc. To call out KWP as a 'problem' is pretty far fetched to say the least.

Im struggling to understand how a player with some of the best running metrics in the prem (JWP) is considered immobile either tbh

• Like 4

i think kwp has played well within himself(i am being diplomatic here) this season ever since he decided he wasnt going to extend his contract,we basicly were garbage so he wasnt going to bust a gut,no punishing forward runs,never takes defenders on and never puts a cross in.Put that in with him being average at best defending thats the kwp we were left with.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

But lavia is basically sitting deep ., neither him or jwp are carrying the ball in the opposition half ..like verlaine says above we are relying on our full backs to carry the ball in attacks ..

and tbh for a player like kwp who has as much possession as he does with the attacks flowing through him very often and also around the box in dangerous areas to get zero assists is shockingly bad.. should be getting some even by accident 

think you need to revaluate him being one of our best players as he’s created nothing 

19 hours ago, Hodgey said:

So we’re now blaming our genuinely proven Prem players for our terrible season. JWP is ‘immobile’ (please look that word up in the dictionary) and KWP has no end product. 
Dear oh dear. I’ll give you neither have reached previous highs but they were still the better players this year (and in my opinion managed badly)

Jesus Christ.. jwp does not have it in his locker to drive forward with the ball or get us up the pitch by carrying it .. surely you know that ..

and kwp has one fucking goal and no assists even though being one of our primary players on the ball in and around  the box . So yes where is this end product you talk of ? 

Edited by pimpin4rizeal
  • Confused 2

53 minutes ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

But lavia is basically sitting deep ., neither him or jwp are carrying the ball in the opposition half ..like verlaine says above we are relying on our full backs to carry the ball in attacks ..

Which is all tactical….how many of our 11 do you want bombing forward ? McCarthy ? Lyanco ? Andrew Sparkes ?

Lavia and JWP are a double pivot, much like Romeu (who you could genuinely say was at times immobile) before him, although JWP has licence to push forward to occupy the space just infront of the 18 yrd box if numbers allow

Its the way we’ve played for effectively 3/4 years now, even before that Wanyama sat deep… what exactly do you want or expect ? And is this what you mean by immobile ?

Fir reference, we use our fullbacks effectively as overlapping wing backs, allowing our 10s to push inside, we do overly rely on our FBs for natural width as they don’t tend to add much… this changes slightly if we utilise KWP on te left as he tends to play as an inverted Wingback, so at times this season its allowed Sulemana to play wide with KWP moving with the ball more centrally

I do agree we’ve been overly reliant, we have no real pace outside of KWP or Tino… KWP has still been progressive, but we just havn’t had any effective movement in attacking areas so he has nowhere to go when he beats a man

Yeah I agree it’s tactical but I don’t think it suits us .. think jwp would work much better in a 3 man midfield and like said leaves us relying on fullbacks to create anything or get the ball up the pitch ..

I think you still have to say though considering how we are basically attacking with the full backs and tens that kwp has been poor from a attacking perspective he’s getting enough of the ball to surely make things happen sometimes but a big fat zero for assists 

6 hours ago, sledger said:

i think kwp has played well within himself(i am being diplomatic here) this season ever since he decided he wasnt going to extend his contract,we basicly were garbage so he wasnt going to bust a gut,no punishing forward runs,never takes defenders on and never puts a cross in.Put that in with him being average at best defending thats the kwp we were left with.

100% this - hasnt been terrible, but definitely playing within himself. At the start of the season he seemed to work fairly well with the forgotten man Aribo, but since the first month or so of the season has completely lost his attacking intent. It all went a bit 'Redmond'.

3 hours ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

Jesus Christ.. jwp does not have it in his locker to drive forward with the ball or get us up the pitch by carrying it .. surely you know that ..

and kwp has one fucking goal and no assists even though being one of our primary players on the ball in and around  the box . So yes where is this end product you talk of ? 

I agree with the problem you’ve rightly pointed out that, but not the players. That’s not the job of KWP (well slightly) nor JWP (ignoring the fact he has the most assists for this argument).  If you want to point the finger I’ll give you 8 better players to do that with, whose job it actually is - Elynoussi, Walcott, Edozie, Sulimana, Djenepo, Osric, Armstrong, Armstrong. How many goals and assists did these attacking midfielders get between them?. In theory the two def mid should be giving them the ball and they should be carrying it / making assists and being ‘mobile’. Apart from they didn’t, because they are not good enough. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I was really critical of him last season, but today it really goes to show how let down he was by poor coaching last season. It’s telling what a bit of coaching and a bit of identity can do for a player, and how the lack of it can really destroy one.

Good to see him release the ball a lot quicker - combine that with his dribbling ability he’ll be a huge asset this season (if he stays). 

Hopefully he is also kept at RB now, such a big difference over playing him at LB. 

• Like 5

I really hope he stays

i don’t see logic of saints selling him, unlike lavia/livramento where you are getting 40/50m in fees. You’rethen likely having to spend most of the money you got for him buying a less good player like Aaron’s.

if he’s not getting an offer from teams in Europe (because last season affected his stock) then staying and bossing the champ would surely be better for him than repeating his saints experience of playing for a Prem struggler. 

Why do people constantly need to preach to everyone else what is in their view morally acceptable? Why do they need to publicly snort out loud how morally superior they are to others, it’s  boring and insecure. 
The way they always need to differentiate between black and white skin is nauseating. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

10 hours ago, Baird of the land said:

I really hope he stays

i don’t see logic of saints selling him, unlike lavia/livramento where you are getting 40/50m in fees. You’rethen likely having to spend most of the money you got for him buying a less good player like Aaron’s.

Not sure we will spend most of the money coming in on his replacement. But do agree the player will be `less good'.

5 hours ago, captainchris said:

Why do people constantly need to preach to everyone else what is in their view morally acceptable? Why do they need to publicly snort out loud how morally superior they are to others, it’s  boring and insecure. 
The way they always need to differentiate between black and white skin is nauseating. 

...eh?

• Lighthouse changed the title to Kyle Walker-Peters