Kyle Walker-Peters

Saint-Armstrong

3 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Ornstien claiming he has a £30m release clause, pretty dreadful business from saints if that’s true, 

Seems to be a buy back clause for Spurs rather than a release clause. Be surprised if he went back there - if they were that interested they’d have signed him this summer.

1 minute ago, ErwinK1961 said:

Seems to be a buy back clause for Spurs rather than a release clause. Be surprised if he went back there - if they were that interested they’d have signed him this summer.

I think their priority is Djed Spence for £20m.

Unless they seem him as a LB...as they've put Sergio Regulion  up for sale weirdly.

Just now, S-Clarke said:

I think their priority is Djed Spence for £20m.

Unless they seem him as a LB...as they've put Sergio Regulion  up for sale weirdly.

This is what I mean, they’re happy to spend £20m on someone whose only ever played championship when they could (apparently) get KWP for a mere £10m more.

Think Perisic will play LWB for them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ErwinK1961 said:

This is what I mean, they’re happy to spend £20m on someone whose only ever played championship when they could (apparently) get KWP for a mere £10m more.

Think Perisic will play LWB for them.

Oh yeah, good shout on Perisic, keep forgetting they signed him.

So yeah....can't see anything in the Spurs stuff being a goer. The £10-15m 'offers' from Everton were laughable, we're not bundled into a corner as he still has 3 years on his contract. Feels like agents playing the media here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, S-Clarke said:

He's been crap for them under Conte. Doherty, before he got injured, and Sessegnon have been the go-to LWB's for Spurs. And now they've signed the versatile Perisic who played the role at Inter.

1 hour ago, S-Clarke said:

Oh yeah, good shout on Perisic, keep forgetting they signed him.

So yeah....can't see anything in the Spurs stuff being a goer. The £10-15m 'offers' from Everton were laughable, we're not bundled into a corner as he still has 3 years on his contract. Feels like agents playing the media here.

after a couple of outstanding seasons, he (agent led) will probably want paying. I'd of thought we'd be happy to extend, we may well have already tried, but I'm sure the agent would want £100k a week and that might be too rich for us?

1 hour ago, Badger said:

Especially if there's a buy back clause as he was a player spurs were looking to get shot of at the time with no future there.

But - £30m for KWP, and Feyenoord looking for c £8m for Pedersen, you can see how the club might view it. The downside of course being KWP's versatility to play both RB & lb. 

Although I think I read somewhere Livramento can play both sides too? So when he's back from injury if we sign a right back we'd still have the option of him switching sides. Sure I read that somewhere...

I'd still be surprised if KWP goes anywhere yet. He's getting the regular game time he wants and has been recognised Internationally. Would he get regular game time back at Spurs? No. Would he at Everton? Sure but they haven't got a pot to piss in so...

5 minutes ago, SNSUN said:

Although I think I read somewhere Livramento can play both sides too? So when he's back from injury if we sign a right back we'd still have the option of him switching sides. Sure I read that somewhere...

I'd still be surprised if KWP goes anywhere yet. He's getting the regular game time he wants and has been recognised Internationally. Would he get regular game time back at Spurs? No. Would he at Everton? Sure but they haven't got a pot to piss in so...

Why whats wrong with Evertons money flow?

3 hours ago, Chris cooper said:

Please don’t sell Kwp saints .. please 🙏🏻 

There could be no better statement of intent by SR than to keep and re-negotiate KWP's contract to better reflect that he has been our best player for most of the two past seasons - JWP dead ball skills aside.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, austsaint said:

There could be no better statement of intent by SR than to keep and re-negotiate KWP's contract to better reflect that he has been our best player for most of the two past seasons - JWP dead ball skills aside.

What if he simply doesn't want to sign? He'll be looking for a move to a Champions League club

14 minutes ago, Ex Lion Tamer said:

What if he simply doesn't want to sign? He'll be looking for a move to a Champions League club

Maybe - it's not going to be Everton then, is it.     Any "unrest" is more likely to be about money though - assuming he is probably on 45 - 50k given his unproven track record upon leaving Spurs.  JWP being on 100k plus and KWP earning less than half doesn't strike me as reasonable.

There's an awful lot of depressive speculation about KWP on here but honest folks he ain't going anywhere anytime soon. Why would he? First or second on the team sheet every week and that won't change in the foreseeable future nor has there been any sign of grumblings from the man himself. 

Of course other teams would like him and they know our history as a selling club so a bit of sh*t stirring* here and there by club's agents is intended to sow seeds of doubt within the player's mind and those of fans as well. By swallowing this bait hook, line and sinker fans on here are falling into the trap of creating a febrile atmosphere designed to undermine the player's temperament.

Stay positive folks and let their* little game play out without reaction.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Charlie Wayman said:

There's an awful lot of depressive speculation about KWP on here but honest folks he ain't going anywhere anytime soon. Why would he? First or second on the team sheet every week and that won't change in the foreseeable future nor has there been any sign of grumblings from the man himself. 

Of course other teams would like him and they know our history as a selling club so a bit of sh*t stirring* here and there by club's agents is intended to sow seeds of doubt within the player's mind and those of fans as well. By swallowing this bait hook, line and sinker fans on here are falling into the trap of creating a febrile atmosphere designed to undermine the player's temperament.

Stay positive folks and let their* little game play out without reaction.

I have a feeling he is off. The reason perhaps why we are linked to so many RB's and buying some that can play there and everywhere. I would be very surprised if we kept spending so much without someone big on the way out to help fund it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gurj said:

I have a feeling he is off. The reason perhaps why we are linked to so many RB's and buying some that can play there and everywhere. I would be very surprised if we kept spending so much without someone big on the way out to help fund it. 

None of us knows but I think he'll go next summer and we're looking at blooding his replacement now

5 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Our best player IMO. We need to keep him unless a big club comes in with some ridiculous offer. £75 Million minimum, obviously no one's going to pay that so the other option is keeping him :)

I wouldn't sell him for less than £150m. United paid £50m for a crap right back AWB 3 years ago, KWP is miles better than him, prices have gone up, plus we dont need to sell as got 3 years left on his contract. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

I wouldn't sell him for less than £150m. United paid £50m for a crap right back AWB 3 years ago, KWP is miles better than him, prices have gone up, plus we dont need to sell as got 3 years left on his contract. 

I’d be tempted to have a conversation at least if they offered £149M plus AwB. We could then hopefully get AwB back on form by offering him an arm round the shoulder (he likes that,apparently, not the hair dryer treatment he’s rumoured to have been copping for from Solsjaer (sp) and whoever that Dutch bloke was they had in charge afterwards). That way we effectively replace KWP for nothing and have £149M spare to improve the squad in other areas.

Edited by stknowle
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, stknowle said:

I’d be tempted to have a conversation at least if they offered £149M plus AwB. We could then hopefully get AwB back on form by offering him an arm round the shoulder (he likes that,apparently, not the hair dryer treatment he’s rumoured to have been copping for from Solsjaer (sp) and whoever that Dutch bloke was they had in charge afterwards). That way we effectively replace KWP for nothing and have £149M spare to improve the squad in other areas.

I definitely think AWB is ripe for rehabilitation - tactically United have been a joke and he'll thrive in a better organised team

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stknowle said:

Reckon we should try and get Ronaldo as well. He wants out would love the challenge of coming to us as our main striker which we need. As they'd save his wages then i reckon they might give us another £20m to take him so we'll be in for £169k + AWB and Ronaldo. Good deal IMO. We cover Ronaldos wages by increased shirts and hot dog sales 

Edited by Turkish

Didn't the United CEO come out and say money is not an issue...

Use that and start bidding at £60m if they want him.

For the record I think KWP is an excellent full-back, certainly one of our best players but not CL level or title winning quality just yet. 

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Turkish said:

Reckon we should try and get Ronaldo as well. He wants out would love the challenge of coming to us as our main striker which we need. As they'd save his wages then i reckon they might give us another £20m to take him so we'll be in for £169k + AWB and Ronaldo. Good deal IMO. We cover Ronaldos wages by increased shirts and hot dog sales 

It's a plan, but does Ralph rate him at defending corners?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

Not if Spurs decide to activate a release clause.

Could Spurs activate the release clause, and then immediately sell him on for a fat profit to someone else…? Sort of thing you might expect from them…..

All these reports read as is they can come in and just take him off us even Everton for 15 million. Not one report has mentioned he actually wants to leave or we want to sell. It’s time we shook this look, SR have said we don’t need to sell anyone, clearly we have money but don’t want to advertise it to inflate prices.

It's only a distraction if the players actually pay any attention to it. We had JWP rumours earlier on, they seem to have just drifted away. 

He's probably another contract renewal that needs doing and if not then I reckon he'll get sold next year when he has two years left. 

14 hours ago, Mr X said:

not a great strategy in my opinion

If it gives us more chance to buy the better younger players at top clubs then I'm for it. If they activate the clause then it means they have been a success. Remember when KWP signed he was still relatively unproven, think he had only played 10 or so games when we signed him. 

I find it slightly odd that all our buy backs like on Tino, Lavia etc. have been reported at the time of purchase. But this one apparently no one has mentioned until now? 

£30 million also seems to low considering we paid around £12 million for him, Tino's is over £40 million for a £5 million purchase, Lavia's is more like £50 million apparently and he was bought for around the same price as KWP, so I don't know either the club has mucked up here and for some odd reason no one reported the clause, or this isn't true. 

On 14/07/2022 at 07:04, tajjuk said:

I find it slightly odd that all our buy backs like on Tino, Lavia etc. have been reported at the time of purchase. But this one apparently no one has mentioned until now? 

£30 million also seems to low considering we paid around £12 million for him, Tino's is over £40 million for a £5 million purchase, Lavia's is more like £50 million apparently and he was bought for around the same price as KWP, so I don't know either the club has mucked up here and for some odd reason no one reported the clause, or this isn't true. 

It is daily fail so I guess you have a point although a couple of other papers reporting it too, https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11016531/Tottenham-30m-buyback-clause-Southampton-Kyle-Walker-Peters.html

• 1 month later...

What a player. Not really stating anything new in saying that but what a player. Absolutely superb again yesterday and completely destroyed the notion James Justin is anywhere near his level. I hope Southgate was watching...

Also can't recall if we have a song for him? If not, why not resurrect the old Lallana song that reflects his ability to play brilliantly in either full back position but struggling to fit in who he makes look shite?

He plays on the left, he plays on the right, Kyle Walker-Peters makes Messi/wingers/Cafu/everyone* look shite...

*replace with something better

• Like 6

• Lighthouse changed the title to Kyle Walker-Peters